Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Five

I don’t know why I got so angry back on the beach… It was just that I was so jealous! When I said that Jacob loved Bella… I felt so much love suddenly radiating from him, and I mean more than before. It made me jealous for an unknown reason and I had no right to become jealous for that reason that Jacob loved Bella.
So I was angry! I didn’t like the fact that I couldn’t love and I just couldn’t help myself for an unknown reason! Usually I’m good at keeping anger inside; it’s such a bad emotion. But I snapped and I let myself get out of control like that… I am so embarrassed that I let myself loose like that.
Actually, I’m still angry and jealous at the fact that Jacob loves Bella!
She is his imprint.
I think I wish I was his.
I was still perched on his shoulder when we arrived at a house. It looked like all the other homes in the area, but it had a sweet feminine touch to it that looked comforting. It must have been Sam and Emily’s house.
“Jake!” shouted a tanned and muscular (and of course shirtless) boy that I never met before.
Just when I thought I’ve met everyone, another one comes.
“Hey Embry,” greeted Jacob meekly.
“You do know there is a raven on your shoulder, right?” said Embry, grinning and trying to pet me.
I bit his finger lightly with my beak, trying to be playful.
Embry laughed, “Look at that!”
I let him pet me lightly on my back, his fingers gently running through my feathers.
I like this Embry kid; he seems like a caring and gentle soul.
"What a cutie,” cooed Embry as he petted me.
Jacob snorted, “Sure, a cutie,” he muttered sarcastically.
I quickly jabbed my beak at Jacob’s cheek, puncturing his skin hard enough to make him bleed, then I glided to Embry’s shoulder. I hid my head under my wing to hide my cawing chuckle.
“Ouch!” hissed Jacob, his cut healing right before our eyes in seconds. “That actually hurt!”
“Good little raven,” Embry chuckled.
“That’s no little raven,” said Jacob, eyeing my beady eyes.
He held his arm out, “Peri, come.”
I flapped over to his arm, digging my talons softly into his arm and looking around innocently.
“Peri? You mean that chick Sam told me about?” asked Embry.
Jacob nodded, holding out my clothes with his other hand, “C’mon Peri, go change back and let’s talk.”
I glided over to my clothes and tried picking them up with my beak. They were heavy, but I wasn’t your average bird. I flew over in the woods and changed back to my human form, pulling on the clothes.
“Alright, you caught me,” I said as I stepped out from the trees.
Embry drooled over me, his eyes on my bare stomach to my revealed bra with my shirt practically ruined. He hasn’t seen me yet in person so I guess this is an awkward first meet.
Jacob slapped Embry on the back of his head, “Back off.”
I folded my arms, trying to cover at least my chest. My face was hot and I looked away from the two boys.
“I would like to apologize, Jacob Black; I shouldn’t have gotten angry like that. Honestly I was just jealous; you can guess why,” I said, now looking at him.
Jacob nodded, smiling, “I’m just glad you aren’t really angry.”
“So… Sam wants to talk to you two. He heard some scary shit out and he knew it was you two,” sung Embry, running back inside the house.
Jacob groaned, “We’re in trouble.”
“You mean I am?” I corrected unsurely, because I was the one causing the noise and getting out of control.
“Nope; it’s probably just me!” Jacob grumbled, pulling me inside the house.
It was definitely Emily’s as I smelt some breakfast being cooked.
The thought of food left my stomach growling. I didn’t have to eat, but my stomach sure loves it and who can resist food?
I saw the pack scarfing down the food that Emily already made. Sam was the only one who wasn’t being a pig at the moment.
“Jacob!” Sam shouted, his face strict.
The young man flinched as Sam’s tone, “I know, I know. I endangered the secrets!”
Sam looked at me, but continued speaking to Jacob, “You should know not to anger a reaper. I bet everyone heard that scream even without our hearing. Next time there will be punishment for putting our family in danger.”
Jacob nodded, looking down in defeat.
“Now go eat with your brothers,” laughed Sam, his face turning light and a grin upon his lips.
He then turned to me and folded his arms, “What did he do to you?”
“It was entirely my fault, Sam!” I defended, “I should have kept my emotions under control, but I let my anger and jealousy get the better of me. I’m sorry, after all these years I should have learned to master such negative emotions…”
Sam clasped his hand over my shoulder, “No one can master their emotions and control them how they want it to be… Now go, eat with the family,” urged Sam, smiling down at me as he pushed me forward.
I first turned to a loud gasp and saw Emily looking down at my shirt.
“You can’t walk around like that, here Peri, follow me,” Emily exclaimed, taking my hand and pulling me to her room where she handed me a clean shirt.
“Thanks,” I mumbled, embarrassed as I placed it over the one I wore.
“Not a problem, Peri,” said Emily, smiling as she went back into the kitchen where as I went to the table where the boys sat.
Immediately Jacob hastily got up to push Embry off the seat next to him and pull it out for me. Everyone laughed but Embry who now had nowhere to sit. I took my seat and sat on the edge closer to Jacob.
“C’mon Embry, you can sit next to me,” I offered, smiling kindly at the boy.
He blushed and took the seat beside me, his growing body taking most of the room but I was satisfied sharing.
Jacob was glaring at Embry the whole time and for some reason I was glad that Embry was getting the evil eye from that boy.
I grabbed my empty plate and start piling food on top of it, my mouth practically drooling at staring at the eggs, bacon, and biscuits.
The boys gaped at me as they saw me my plate piled as high as theirs.
“What?” I broke the silence, stopping my fork right before my mouth at their stares.
“You eat like… Like us!” gasped Embry, his words hitting my face.
“And…?” I mumbled, blushing, “A growing girl needs to eat.”
“Growing girl? You’re old enough to be my great, great, great, great, great…” Jacob snorted, saying great over and over again until finally Paul hit him in the back of his head. “Well… You get my point,” mumbled Jacob, grinning.
“Whoa, you’re that old?” laughed Jared.
Paul’s eyes raked over my body, “You’re lookin’ good for a grandma.” He then grunted as a loud kick echoed under the table.
I heard Jacob chuckle.
“Thanks for announcing my age to the world. Why not you say it louder?” I mumbled, blushing.
I started munching on my food and soon I was done quicker than all the others, but definitely neater.
“Man… You’re one crazy chick,” commented Jared, laughing.
The conversation quieted and soon the boys were engaged in a conversation about patrolling and the red haired vampire.
“Isn’t she the vampire I cursed?” I said, more to myself than them.
“Huh?” said Jacob.
“Yeah, I cursed a vampire who was in the water towards Bella… She ran away afterwards because I probably put her through hell, which technically I did…” I went on slowly.
The pack stared at me, dumbfounded.
“She had that fire red hair that looked like hell was breaking loose and those bold red eyes,” I said, making devil horns out of my fingers. “She’s demon looking and all, but actually just a dark vampire.”
“You cursed her?” said Sam, appearing behind me.
I almost jumped as his closeness. “Yeah, remember when I dived in to save er… Bella?”
Sam nodded, his brow furrowed, “So… Will she be coming back?”
“Most likely, that woman is ruthless and stubborn,” I said sadly, noticing the looks on the pack.
“We have to patrol tonight; make sure she won’t attack Bella… Especially since Victoria will sense that the Cullens are back,” said Sam.
“Only one,” snarled Jacob, his body shaking.
“Jacob, calm down,” ordered the alpha.
But Jacob didn’t want to; he jumped up and ran out of the house.
“I’ll follow him,” I offered.
“Embry,” said Sam, his dark eyes on me, “Go with Peri.”
I didn’t know why Sam wanted Embry with me, but I didn’t object and didn’t mind.
Embry followed me closely, his heat radiating off of his body and rolling onto my already burning body.
“Where do you think he could be?” I asked, looking back to Embry and stopping in my tracks.
He accidently bumped into me and blushed.
I laughed and pushed him playfully, but maybe a little too hard because he hopped on one foot and soon fell on his ass.
“Whoa! Sorry Embry,” I laughed, not really sorry at all.
Embry laughed with me, his deep voice echoing throughout the area. We both laughed and finally I held out my hand to help him up.
He grabbed it and I pulled him up.
That was when the wolf came; the same one that I saw when I entered this town. The russet wolf growled at us and my hand tightened around Embry’s, this time we were side by side.
“Jake… Sam wants you to come back, man. You shouldn’t have let yourself go like that,” Embry said, his face blank of emotion.
The wolf, Jacob, snarled at his words and his eyes turned to look at me.
“Jacob Black,” I whispered, my eyes soft.
The wolf retreated towards bushes and out came Jacob, his face stitched into a scowl and his cheeks slightly red.
He looked at our held hands and I immediately let go, taking a step away from Embry. I looked at Jacob the whole time, my eyes narrowed in confusion.
“You don’t know if they’re going to come back, Jake,” reasoned Embry, moving towards Jacob.
“If one comes, the others will follow,” Jacob cried, his eyes sad, “They’re going to take Bella away.”
I stepped towards Jacob and slowly wrapped my arms around him, pulling the giant into a hug.
He shook in my arms, but I knew he wouldn’t transform again. I pulled him closer, closing my eyes and resting my head against his chest.
I didn’t want this moment to end. It felt too right… I liked Jacob in my arms.
Too soon the hug ended and soon the pack and I continued hanging around Emily’s house.
It felt like a short day because it was night and the pack had to patrol.
“Jacob and Embry, you two have the first shift. Jared, Paul, and I will take the next and that should cover the night,” Sam ordered.
“Can I do anything?” I asked.
Sam looked over at me, “Sure, you can go with Jacob and Embry. It’ll be nice to have extra help.”
“No!” Jacob protested, stepping forward.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“It’s too dangerous for you,” Jacob insisted, his eyes pleading with Sam.
I snorted, “Dangerous? Jacob Black do you hear yourself clearly? I’m old enough to be the grandma of your grandma’s grandma; even older. Don’t you dare think I can’t take care of myself just because I’m a girl.”
“Jake, it isn’t dangerous for Peri to go out. With her, all of us can get more help and have less shifts,” Sam agreed.
“But…” Jacob mumbled.
Paul patted Jacob’s back hard, “C’mon Jake, just take your girlfriend with you! You’ll have extra fun.”
The pack started to laugh and even I laughed with them when Jacob blushed and glowered.
Sam soon pushed Jacob, Embry, and I out of the house to start our patrol and I could help but jump around in excitement.
“This is going to be so fun!” I said.
“Fun? Do you even know the meaning?” Embry asked, “All we do is run around and try to find a vampire scent with usually no success and then we miss hours of sleep.”
I shrugged, “I like running.”
“Not after you’ll be doing this for weeks,” Jacob muttered, his eyes avoiding mine.
I grinned and soon ran forward, remembering where to run and search in the forest for vampires. I heard the boys follow me now as wolves.
“C’mon boys!” I shouted, running faster.
We ran for several hours until Paul, Jared, and Sam arrived as wolves, ready to take on their shift.
I was now inside Jacob’s house arguing with him again to who’s going to take the couch.
“There’s a perfectly fine bed in your room where you can sleep on! It’s too crowded on the couch with you and me on it!” I said.
“If you won’t take the bed, then I won’t. You’re just going to have to deal with sharing!”
I mumbled a few colorful words and again as the night before, slept on the couch with Jacob.
We both fell asleep quickly from the patrolling and I fell asleep with a small smile on my face. Jacob took most of the room and it was slightly mean of him to be so huge (stupid shifter genes) and take up most of the space…
But honestly, I like this way better than sleeping on any bed alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's been forever! O_o My laptop was taken away and I couldn't write for the longest of time! But I'm back!!!