Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

011

Ruby POV

I climbed out of my cousin’s car once Eclipse parked in the car lot and I knew she wanted me to talk to her but I wasn’t ready yet; I heard Eclipse sigh softly as she followed behind me towards school while I said nothing as I walked straight past Seth and tried my hardest to ignore the hurt in his eyes and on his face, for some reason it hurt me not being around him but I just needed some space.

I walked over to my locker to get my books for my first class before I walked through the hallways until I walked into the classroom; usually I walk to my locker with Eclipse and then walk to my class with Seth, it felt strange to me to not be around them both so I knew it was going to be a long day that I wasn’t looking forward to.

I sat in my usual seat as I placed my books on the desk and took a couple of pens out of my pencil case; I was shortly joined at the desk by Seth as he sat in his usual seat and from the corner of my eye I watched as he opened his mouth to say something to me, but he didn’t as he closed his mouth again and turned so he was facing the front of the class room as our teacher walked in.

Image


I was sitting under a tree by myself as I ate my lunch and I regretted looking up because I saw both Seth and Eclipse walking over to me; I finished my sandwich before I stood up because I knew what was coming next as my cousin had her ‘we’re talking’ look on her face.

“Ruby this has gone on long enough, talk to us please. We’re not going to leave you alone until you do” Eclipse said to me once her and Seth had reached me; I hated not talking to her because she was more like a sister to me than a cousin and we’ve always been close, ever since we were kids.

“I overheard you two and Paul talking last night, about not telling me what really happened. I didn’t know when everyone else did, it’s all the kids here are talking about and I don’t even know what happened” I said to them both softly as I remembered how shocked I was when I heard two girls talking about Mr Jones dying and that Eclipse found him; I should have been told because it happened to my cousin.

“We didn’t tell you because we wanted to protect you, what happened was horrible and we didn’t want you thinking about that. Yes we should have told you but you’re this fragile beautiful hearted girl, we didn’t want to risk ruining that” Seth said to me as he looked into my eyes and I did understand why they didn’t tell me; but it still hurt me because I’ve never kept anything from Eclipse but I can see why she agreed to protect me.

“We didn’t mean to hurt you or keep anything from you, but you know how I get and how much I want to keep you protected. What we did was wrong but it was right in our eyes, we’re sorry Rubes” Eclipse said to me as I looked over at her and I knew they were only doing what they thought was right; honestly I probably would have done the same thing if I was in my cousin’s shoes and I understood why Paul and Seth kept this from me too.

“I know that and I understand why no one told me, I’m sorry for not talking to any of you and being in a bad mood. But you know how much I hate not being told things that everyone else knows” I said to them before I stepped closer to Eclipse and wrapped my arms around her; I smiled as I felt her return my hug while Seth gently started to rub my back to comfort me.

Image


“Already we called this family meeting because we just wanted to have a talk with you both, a lot has been going on lately and we wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly” Aunt Selene said as she sat at the dining table with Uncle William, Eclipse and I as we ate our delicious dinner; I knew this talk was going to happen now that I knew what really happened with Eclipse and what she saw.

“Firstly we wanted to talk to you Rubes, how’s school going? Are you fitting in and making friends?” Uncle William asked me as all three turned their attention onto me as I swallowed my mouthful of grilled chicken; I looked up at them with a smile because I knew my Aunt Selene and Uncle Will would be worried about me moving here after I got bullied at my last school.

“School is going really good so far and it’s much better than my old school, I’m fitting in well but I haven’t exactly made a lot of friends. I’m still the new girl so it might take a while for me to open up to people” I said to them honestly because if I didn’t they would have found out sometime and I would have felt terrible for lying to them.

“Before you say anything Mom, Ruby hasn’t really had time to make friends because she’s been hanging out with me and the guys. I don’t think Seth will let her out of his sight” Eclipse said to her parents with a smug smile on her face because she knew her Mom loved it when guys were interested in us or we were interested in them.

“That’s great news Rubes and I’m sure you’ll make friends soon, now Eclipse how are you dealing with what happened to Mr Jones?” Uncle William asked his daughter quickly before Aunt Selene could shoot questions at me about Seth; I turned my attention onto my cousin as I watched her smile vanish from her face as she now had to think about what she saw that night.

“I’m doing as well as I could be, I didn’t sleep very well last night even though I was tired which is understandable. I just try not to think about it and to keep busy, but I’ll be fine so please don’t worry about me” Eclipse told us causing me to feel even worst that I ignored her last night and most of today; but she had always been the strong one between us but even the strongest people break sometimes.

“We’re always going to worry about you princess and nothing is going to change that, if you ever need to talk about anything then both of you girls can come to us” Aunt Selene reassured us both as we all finished dinner; Eclipse and I washed up the dishes but there was something up with her but I wasn’t sure what until Aunt Selene answered the door and said Paul was here, which is when Eclipse ran to her bedroom.

“Hi Paul, Eclipse is a bit busy right now so you’ll have to come back tomorrow. But I can take a message for you if you want” I said to him as I walked over to the front door and saw him standing there; he had the same sort of look on his face that Eclipse did but he didn’t just walk into the house like I was expecting him too.

“Oh no that’s Ruby, I actually wanted to talk to you in private if you’re free. It’s really important, please Ruby” Paul said to me softly which was strange because he was always here for Eclipse and never for me; I gave him a nod before I lead him outside onto the front porch and closed the front door behind us.

“Of course want do you want to talk about? If this is about what Eclipse saw then it’s fine, she’s explained everything to me” I said to him as he looked down at me and I saw in his eyes that he was torn between something; I was so occupied by Paul that I didn’t notice the beautiful warm brown eyes that we’re watching me from the forest.

“Last night I kissed Eclipse and she kissed me back but now she doesn’t want to be with me, I love her Ruby I really do. I need your help in earning her trust, I need your help Ruby” Paul told me which explains how Eclipse was acting tonight and how she’s hiding in her bedroom right now; I smiled at him as I agreed to help him because I wanted Eclipse to be happy and I knew that Paul could make her happy, I also loved playing match maker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby's Outfit

Please Comment!