Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

013

Ruby POV

“I’m sure Eclipse is fine, she probably just needs some time to herself” Seth said to me as he sat on the couch in his living room while I was laying on the couch with my head resting on his lap; after my cousin drove away from us Seth thought it would be better if I went to his house so we had already finished our homework and were now relaxing.

“I know but she could at least call me and let me now where she is, and if she’s alright. She knows that I worry about her” I said to him softly as I relaxed against him as he gently ran his fingers through my hair; his parents were in the kitchen talking quietly among themselves but I had a feeling that they were talking about Seth and I.

“She just needs some time to think, you just need to relax” Seth said to me as he continued to stroke my hair which was actually calming me down and I was thankful for that; it seemed like Seth knew everything about me when I hadn’t told him.

“But she could do all the thinking she needs to do here” I said in a soft mumble but I understood why Eclipse did this because sometimes you just need a quiet spot to be my yourself; I looked up at Seth who had a wide smile on his face as he heard what I had just said.

“She’ll come back home when she’s ready, which reminds me I should get you back home before your Uncle comes after me” Seth said as he smiled down at me while he gently twirled a piece of my hair around his finger; Harry and Sue were nice enough to let me stay for dinner so Seth and I had more time to do our homework.

“Alright just let me get my bag” I said to him as I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen so I could thank Harry and Sue again; I picked up my school bag which is when I noticed how warm Seth was which was strange but I thought nothing about it as he walked me home.

“Thank you for walking me…” I trailed off once I was standing on the front porch of my Uncle and Aunt’s house with Seth but I didn’t get to finish what I was saying because Seth leaned in and kissed me; I closed my eyes as I melted into him as I found myself kissing his soft warm lips even though I was surprised by his actions.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Ruby” Seth said smiling widely at me as he turned around and started his walk back home; he did look back at me to make sure that I was going inside but I was in a daze that I could have been walking anywhere for all I knew.

Image


Eclipse drove me to school with her in the morning but the whole drive was pretty much silent as we were both caught up in our own thoughts; Seth hadn’t left my mind since our kiss but I was confused because I never saw any sighs that he liked me more than a friend, not that I didn’t like the kiss because I love it.

“Morning Ruby, did you have a nice sleep?” Seth asked me as he walked up to my side as we entered the classroom for our first class of the day; I looked at him as he placed a soft kiss on my cheek before we took our usual table at the back of the history classroom.

“Hey Seth, I slept alright. I think we need to talk about last…” I said to him softly but was cut off by our teacher who started talking as the class began; I let a slight sigh escape past my lips as Seth just smiled at me as he was his happy self like he is very morning.

“Don’t worry about it, we’ll talk about it later” Seth whispered into my ear before we turned our attention onto our teacher and I started taking notes while Seth just sat there looking slightly bored; I had most of my classes with Seth so we spent most of the day together which never bothered me.

I was planning on talking to him at lunch but then I had a meeting at lunch for the Homecoming dance that was this weekend; I thought if I joined after school activities it would help me make friends outside of Eclipse’s friend group.

I sat at a table in the cafeteria with 5 other girls as we talked non-stop about colour schemes, music, decorations and how the gym should be set up; I didn’t mind spending my lunch time this way but I could feel eyes burning into my back and my only guess on who it was would be Seth, I always spent my lunch time with him, Jacob, Eclipse and the rest of the group.

“Alright I’ll give this plans to Mrs Hudson and I’ll see you girls at our next meeting” Sophie said to us as she closed her notebook that we had planned everything on just as the bell rang to start classes again; I stood up from the table before throwing my rubbish into the bin on my way towards my locker.

“Hi Eclipse, is everything alright?” I asked my cousin as I saw her standing in front of my locker with her arms crossed which wasn’t a good sign; I quickly thought of everything that I had done lately but I couldn’t think of anything that would cause her to be angry at me.

“How could you not tell me that Seth kissed you last night?” Eclipse asked me as she took a step backwards so I could open my locker and collect the books that I needed for my next classes; now I knew why she was a bit annoyed with me.

“I would have told you later tonight when we had some privacy, besides you didn’t tell me that Paul kissed you. I found out from Paul” I said to her as I shut my locker door and looked at her shocked face; I already knew Seth told her about us sharing a kiss and that didn’t matter to me because I knew he would.

“That’s what Paul talked to you about, I would have told you but I was confused about it” Eclipse said to me as she got the books she needed from her locker before we walked through the hallway to our classes; I gave her a small nod as we said our goodbyes as I walked into my English classroom which I didn’t have with Seth.

Image


Once the last bell rang for the day I packed up my books before I walked out into the hallway where two strong familiar arms wrapped themselves around my waist as Seth appeared in front of me with his usual happy smile on his face; a lightly blush formed on my cheeks as we stood in the middle of the hallway just looking at each other.

“Ruby I’ve wanted to ask you this all week, will you go to Homecoming with me?” Seth asked me as he leaned down closer to me and gently rested his forehead against mine; it was sweet that he did ask me even though I thought he’d know the answer from me kissing him back last night.

“I’d love to go to Homecoming with you, but you didn’t need to ask Seth. I was planning on going with you since last night” I said to him softly as a smile formed on my face while Seth placed a soft kiss on my forehead; I again could feel his warmth from his body and it wasn’t the normal kind of body heat.

“Thank you and I know that but I still wanted to ask you, besides I didn’t know if you knew that you were my girlfriend” Seth smiled at me as he took my books from my arms as he walked me to my locker; I opened my locker door to put all the books I needed into my bag while Seth held my bag for me as he was already to go home.

“Oh so you’ll ask me to Homecoming but you don’t ask me to be your girlfriend? You’re just lucky that I’d say yes to both” I said to him as I closed my locker and placed my bag over my shoulder causing Seth to entwine his fingers with mine; we walked out of school holding hands for the first time causing Jacob and the guys to cheer and whistle when they saw us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby Outfit

Please Comment!