Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

019

Ruby’s POV

“Why can’t I tell Eclipse about all of this? She’s dating Paul now and he’s a shape shifter, I can’t just keep this from her” I said to Seth as I stood on the porch of Sam and Emily’s house while Seth stood on the steps with his hands resting on my hips; I was pouting at him because he told me that I couldn’t tell anyone about what he told me.

“You can’t tell anyone including Eclipse, I’m sorry Rubes but it’s up to Paul to tell her about what we are and what we do” Seth told me again as he had already told me that but I still wanted to tell my cousin about this; I hated having to keep things to myself because I didn’t want Eclipse to find out later and then be upset that I didn’t tell her.

“Okay I won’t tell Eclipse or anyone else, but she hasn’t replied to my text yet and she normally always does” I said to my boyfriend as I checked my phone again only to see that there was no message from my cousin; I had asked her how far away she was from Sam’s house because everyone but her were here.

“I’m sure she’s on her way…” Seth said to me as his thumbs slipped underneath my shirt and gently rubbed the skin of my hips while I placed my phone back into the pocket of my jeans; but Seth was interrupted by Paul running out of the house as he jumped off the porch before he sprinted over to his truck while yelling out about Eclipse.

“Seth what’s going on? What’s wrong with Eclipse?” I asked in panic as I turned my attention onto Seth has he tore his eyes away from Paul and looked at me; I searched his face for any signs but the worry that I saw on in his eyes wasn’t reassuring me like I had hoped he would.

“Let’s just go inside and wait until we hear something from Paul, Eclipse is his imprint so he’ll know where she is” Seth said to me as he tried to hide how worried he was from me as he took my inside and sat me down on the couch; Emily joined me on the couch while Seth walked into the kitchen so he could talk with the rest of the pack.

“I’m sure we’ll hear something soon Ruby, just try not to worry alright” Emily said to me as she tried to keep me calm but inside I was panicking and freaking out because Paul left so quickly without saying anything; I took a deep breath in through my nose and slowly exhaled through my mouth but I couldn’t calm myself down.

“You don’t know that Emily and neither does anyone else, Paul wouldn’t have been that panicked if everything was fine” I said looking at her as she rubbed my back soothingly to try and calm me down which I was thankful for but that doesn’t mean it worked; I heard Sam’s phone ring for a second before he answered it and talked quietly to the person on the other end.

“Ruby darling, we need to go right now. Eclipse has been in an accident and Paul’s taken her to the hospital” Seth said to me as calmly she he could as he took my hands into his while his stunning warm brown eyes looked into mine; I felt my heart start to beat faster against my rib rage as horrible thoughts ran through my mind.

I stood up from the couch as Seth held my hand in his as he took me outside so we could climb into Jacob’s car before he drove away from the house before we headed towards Forks; Sam drove his car behind us with Emily while everyone else phased into their wolf forms and ran through the forest to meet us there.

Image


“Why don’t we know what’s going on? Don’t the doctors know what they’re doing?” I snapped as I paced the hallway of the Forks hospital as we waited for news about Eclipse’s condition; Uncle Will and Aunt Selene had arrived at the hospital before us but the doctors hadn’t told them anything about their daughter.

“Ruby just calm down, the doctors are doing everything they can and they’ll tell us what’s going on soon” Uncle William said to me as he rubbed my arms softly and kissed the top of my head as I felt the tears well up in my eyes; I don’t know how everyone could be so calm at a time like this because it felt like my world was falling apart.

“Ruby sweetie come here, everything will be alright” Seth said to me as he gently pulled me into his arms and held me tightly against his body; I wrapped my arms around his waist as I buried my face into the crook of his neck as the tears rolled down my cheeks and sobs escaped past my lips.

“What if she’s not Seth? What if she doesn’t make it or she’s damaged something? I overheard Paul tell Sam that the crash was bad” I managed to say without sobbing as I held onto him as tightly as I could so no one would take him away from me; I felt him kiss the side of my head as he ran his fingers through my hair.

“She’s stronger than this Rubes, she’ll pull through and be the same Eclipse that she is now. She knows that she can’t leave you” Seth reassured me as he rocked me from side to side lightly in another attempt to comfort me and it was slightly working a tiny bit; I cried onto his shoulder for a few more minutes before Aunt Selene said that she’d take me home.

Seth gently wiped my tears away with his thumb while he kissed my forehead before I walked through the hospital hallways and out to my Uncle’s car; my Aunt Selene climbed into the car with me as she drove us both home but we were too tired and worried about Eclipse to do any talking.

“Try and get some sleep Ruby, I’ll come wake up if I hear any news” Aunt Selene told me as she parked in the garage and we headed inside; I said a quiet goodnight as I walked upstairs and into my bedroom so I could change into my pajamas.

I got changed and brushed my teeth in the bathroom but when I walked back into my room I saw Seth already sitting on my bed under the covers; I hadn’t even been expecting him to be here for me but I guess that’s what happens when you imprint on someone.

“Come on love, you need to get some sleep” Seth said to me softly as I closed my bedroom door while he pulled the covers back letting me climb into my bed beside him; he made sure that I was tucked in before he wrapped his strong arms around my body and held me securely against my body where I instantly felt safe.

“Promise to wake me up if we get news about Eclipse” I said softly to him as I cuddled into him and rested my head on his warm bare chest; I closed my eyes once Seth promise to wake me up which I knew he would but I didn’t care if I got any sleep as I just needed him here with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!