Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

020

Paul's POV

It had been six hours since Eclipse was brought in and still we hadn't heard anything. I could tell it was taking a toll on everyone including her father who sat rooted in a chair not far from the Emergency Room doors. I looked all round at everyone who was still here and all them had the same look, a look of hopeless.

I was beginning to become just as hopeless as everyone else, but something in my gut told me that there was hope and Eclipse would be fine. My eyes burned from the silent tears I had cried hours ago when I had found Eclipse.

Her beautiful face was covered in blood and glass. It took all my strength not to break down as soon as I got to the scene of the accident. I remember my hands shaking as I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket and dialed 911.

My voice was no different from my hands. My words blended together as I talk to the person on the other end. It took me several tires to finally get out there had been accident about three miles out of town and Eclipse was badly hurt.

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. My body ache from sitting in this seat for three hours now. I lean back and closed my eyes, hoping for sleep to consume me, but it never did. My mind was racing and wouldn't allow me the escape from this pain, hopelessness, and angry I was feeling.

Still I kept my eyes shut just for a little longer when I heard someone walk up to our little group. My eyes snapped open and I sat up to see a Doctor walking over to Mr. Gomez. Mr. Gomez got up from his seat and meet the doctor half way.

I got up from my seat and walked over to where I could hear them talk more clearly.

"Hello Mr. Gomez. I'm Dr. Morris." The doctor said clasping hands with Eclipse's father, "I'm your daughter's doctor while she is staying with us."

"Hello Doctor." Mr. Gomez spoke his voice hoarse from the lack of sleep, "Is everything alright with Eclipse?" He asked his voice laced with sorrow and worry.

"Your daughter is going to fine, Mr. Gomez." Dr. Morris stated stuffing his hands into his white lab coat, "She's a fighter and will make it through."

It was like the hopelessness that once in everyone's heart was lifted by those words. I could feel myself feel like a weight was lifted from my heart and I could breathe again. I saw Mr. Gomez's body ease up and a small smile grace his thin lips, but it soon went away when a sorrow look over took Dr. Morris' face.

"However do to intense brain damage, Eclipse fell into a coma." He said his voice was calm, but you could tell in his eyes that he was pain to have to say these things, "I'm truly sorry Mr. Gomez." Dr. Morris said

"Do you know if she'll ever wake up." Mr. Gomez asked his voice cracking towards the end, "Please tell me she'll wake up." He said sounding so helpless.

"Mr. Gomez, I can't tell if she'll ever wake up or not." Morris stated as he began to walk away.

The hopelessness was once again back in all our hearts as we listen to Mr. Gomez break down. Sue Clearwater soon walk over to him and started walking the frantic man towards the doors. I was in shock and couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Eclipse may never wake up.

"Paul?" Jacob questioned

I looked towards him and could feel myself breaking all over again. Tears were beginning to build up and I could feel my walls crumpling. Jacob was also breaking as his bottom lip quivered and tears began to fall from his eyes.

"Tell me this isn't real." I begged

Jacob shook his head and I could feel myself truly breaking. After six hours of holding back the tears, they finally broke through and I broke down. In front of everyone and I couldn't stop it. The tough and angry Paul was gone and was replace with this weak and heart broken fool.

My body shook with a vengeance as I lean against the wall trying to stop the sobs from escaping from my mouth. I felt someone grab me and lead me outside. The cold air soon hit me and I looked over to see Leah standing next to me.

"You have to stay strong, Paul." Leah said her eyes glisten with unshed tears, "You know Eclipse wouldn't want to be a crying fool right now." She stated looking over at me with a hard expression.

I knew Leah was right and I had be strong, but she didn't know how I felt right now. Eclipse was my everything and I couldn't do anything to help her right now. Soon the tears stop flowing down my face and I could feel the sorrow being replace by anger.

Leah watched me carefully as I stood staring blankly at the ground below me. I took a deep breathe in and push away the urge to phase. "I need to be alone right now." I said before taking off towards the woods and leaving Leah standing there in front the of Hospital alone.

Image


Three weeks have passes since Eclipse had been in her accident and fell into a coma. Nothing seem to changed since then and I was beginning to lose myself as time went on. No one seemed to be the same since the accident. Ruby seemed to be the worse out of all of us. She tried to put on a front that she was fine, but I could see in her eyes that she was in so much pain.

I gripped the bottom of my shirt and groaned as I lean back in my chair. Right now I was sitting outside of Eclipse's hospital room waiting on her parents and Ruby to leave, so I could spend some time with her. My eyes were beginning to grew heavy from the lack of sleep since I've been patrolling now stop for the last three weeks.

I could hear shuffling of feet before Eclipse's door open and Mr. and Mrs. Gomez stepped out of her room. I open my eyes to see them walking out with grim expression on their faces. I stood up and gave them a weak smile.

"Ruby is staying with Eclipse a little longer, so could you give her a ride home when you're ready to go?" Mrs. Gomez asked her green eyes glistening with tears as she ran her hand through her messy red locks.

"Sure Mrs. Gomez."

Mrs. Gomez smiled sadly at me and followed her husband towards the elevators. I waited until they were gone before I step foot into Eclipse's room. The sounds of beeping machines meet my ears as I walked in.

My eyes sweep over the room before they landed on Eclipse. Her body seemed so small compared to the bed she was laying on. Her red hair was fanned around her like fire and I could feel my heart crumbling as I looked at the girl sitting next to Eclipse.

Ruby was gripping her cousin's hand in her own as she stared at Eclipse's sleeping face. Her own red hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail and she didn't bother putting on make up since she didn't really care about anything right now.

"Hey Rubes." I said taking a seat opposite of where Ruby sat, "You doing alright?" I asked

Ruby looked up at me and shook her head. "No." She whispered her eyes beginning to tears up, but she pushed them back.

I sighed and reach across Eclipse's body to rest my larger hand over both Ruby's and Eclipse's smaller ones. "You have to stay strong, Ruby." I said giving her a small smile and pulling my hand away.

Ruby nodded her head and went back to staring Eclipse's face. I sighed again for the millionth time today and folded my arms across my chest. I closed my heavy eyes and soon fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!
Eclipse is in a coma! I'm sorry to all who all thought everything was going to be fine, but sadly its not going to be for a while. Anyways want did you think of Paul being a weak fool and showing some emotion other then anger?

Well please tell me in the COMMENTS what you think of everything and what I should next. Also I'm beginning to grow tired of getting no feed back from everyone. If you want another update from me I need about five comments from different people.

So good bye!