Status: Active Joint Story

Taming the Beast

08

Eclipse's POV

Shock, confusion, sympathy, and happiness were all the emotions that I felt at the moment after Ruby had gone off on Paul for the comment he said towards me. I hadn't utter a word since I yelled for Ruby and no one hadn't spoken either. Not even Paul, who sat rooted in his spot not once did he move.

The look of utter shock was still visible on his handsome face. Sam stood near him, waiting for him to stop his staring contest with the fire. I had moved from my spot beside Emily was now standing with Jacob and his father, Billy who had made sure I was far enough from Paul.

"That was unexpected." Quil said, his face was calm, but I saw in his eyes, that he was amused by what had just happen.

"Your telling me." Jacob mumbled out, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist as I stood gazing at the woods, where Ruby and Seth had disappeared in just a few moments ago.

"I never thought the day where someone would yell at Paul." Embry said, clearly shock was evident in both his voice and face.

I held back a smile and looked up when I felt Jacob tense up next to me. His hand gripped my shoulder tightly as his face twisted in disgust as he lifted his face higher in the air as if he was smelling it.

"Dad, get Eclipse home for me." He basically order, his usually warm chocolate brown eyes were hard with angrier as he pushed me towards Billy, who nodded his head.

I let my hands grasp the handle's of Billy wheelchair as I watch the boys hurry into the woods. I watched as Paul turn around with the look of hopelessness before disappearing into the woods with everyone else.

My mind was racing with so many questions of why they ran off like that and why Paul had turn around to give me that look. I stopped next to Billy's truck and helped him into it with little trouble.

"Eclipse, you shouldn't worry about them." Billy said as if he could feel my emotions, I looked up into his wise brown eyes and smiled lightly.

"I know." I whispered, pulling out my car keys "I'm more worried about Ruby." I said, watching as Billy looked over at the forest before looking at me.

"I'm sure she is fine. She is with Seth, so I know she is." He smiled, easing some of my nerves with that simple smile.

I smiled softly at the older man before bidding him goodbye and getting into my own car. I turn the engine on and sat there staring at the dense woods. I had the sinking feeling that something was happening right now that isn't good. I sighed and lean back against the driver seat closing my eyes.

Please keep her safe, Seth I thought to myself reaching over to flick on the radio and back out of the parking spot.

Image


Little bits of water fell from the trees above as I drove down the highway on my towards Forks. I had text my mom telling her that Ruby was with Seth and that I was going the store to pick up some stuff before I head home.

My fingers tap lightly against the steering wheel as I listen to The Ready Set. I sang softly to the song as I pulled into the parking lot of the only good bookstore in Forks. I turn off the car and got out.

The rain splatter across my face as I hurriedly ran towards the store. I pushed open the door and shivered when my cold body made connect with the heat of the building. I let the door closed behind me and walked further into the quiet store.

I could feel that eerie feeling creeping inside of me as I silently walked down the aisles. The owner, Mr. Jones was usually in one these aisles messing around with his books or in the front. I could my stomach turning with worry and fear.

I heard a loud bang coming from the back and ran towards i, hoping that old Mr. Jones was alright. I skidded to a stop in front of the back door and pushed it open. The sight that greeted had me shocked and scar for life.

Lying there in his own blood was Mr. Jones with his body in a odd angle. I felt my stomach launch up my throat, but I push it back and stumbled towards the front door, not wanting to think about who or what could of done that to Mr. Jones.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and pushed speed dial for Chief Swan's number.

"Hello."

"Mr. Jones was killed."

Image


The flashing red and blue lights could be seen by all as they stood near Jones Book Store. I was sitting in the back of Chief Swan's cruiser as they investigated Mr. Jones' murder. I hadn't spoken or moved from my spot since the police had gotten here.

My mind and body were still in shock over what had happen. I could hear some shuffling behind the cruiser, but I didn't take my gaze off of the tree that stood across from me. My door open and I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

The scent of woods and rain breathe over me and I lifted my gaze up to see worried brown eyes staring down at me.

"Are you alright, Eclipse?" Paul said, wrapping his arms tighter around me.

I didn't say a word nor move when he did that. I was like a statue, but that didn't seem to bother Paul one bit as he carried me gracefully from the cruiser to his truck that was park about 20 feet from where the murder scene.

I could feel my body shutting down and my eyes growing heavy. Darkness soon took over my vision and the last thing I saw was Paul smiling softly down at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sooooo sorry for taking so long, but college and my personal life got to much for me to handle. but i'm back and i have everything under control for now. also i want to say sorry again the sucky chapter i just wrote.

sorry again.

-jamieee.