Sequel: Written in the Stars

Passion

First Day Of School

“Dad, come on! If you don’t hurry up I am going to be late for my first day of school!” I yelled from downstairs, my dad was looking for his camera; he just loves documenting my ‘first day of school’ pictures. “You can take a picture AFTER school, COME ON!” I yelled

“Fine, but you can not let me forget.” He smiled and gave me a hug. My mom died when I was three, from some freak accident, no one would tell me more than that, and every time I brought it up my dad would shut-down on me, I took the hit and dropped it. So I’m extremely close to my father, after all he is the one that taught me how to play baseball, and soccer, and football, and a bunch of other sports. So I am an extreme tom boy, and its never really bothered me until my first day of middle school, every day since then I’ve been reminded about it, I’m just the freak girl that plays guy sports. Today is my first day of high school, and to say I’m scared as hell is a understatement.

“I wont I promise.” I told him and ran out the door to catch the bus, I took the 3rd seat, and plugged in my i-pod, blocking anyone and everyone out. The bus finally pulled up to the school, I was one of the first to get off, when I first saw the school, it was triple the size of the poor middle school I was in last year. I looked at my schedule and noticed I had English 1st period, SCORE! Snooze class, I went out to look for the class. After about 10 minutes looking for it, I found it. I looked around and found no one familiar, so I went and sat in the back, 2 more people arrived after me, nether of them I knew. This class is already turning out bad, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, we got the oldest meanest teacher in the school as our teacher, so much for snooze class, I sighed.

“Well class today I’m going to assign you in groups of 2, you will have a worksheet to fill out about your partner.” Our teacher told us. I was assign to this guy with really pretty blue eyes.

“Hey I’m Carter.” He said, as he took a seat next to me.

“I’m Camille, but you can just call me Cam. So lets start this so we can finish this stupid assignment.”

“Okay, question 1, favorite color?” He asked

“Teal, what about you?”

“Navy blue. Question 2 favorite animal?”
“Defiantly a tiger, you?”

“Monkey, question 3 favorite food?”

“Um pizza, duh! You?”

“Wings, question 4 favorite sport.”

“Baseball, you?”

“You mean softball?”

I just glared at him. “No I mean baseball.”

“Okay, okay just asking, and same.”

“Cool.” The bell rang, and I jumped out of my seat and ran to the door, off to math!

“CAM! WAIT!!” I herd Carter yell

I turned around and faced him “Yes?” I asked

“What is your next class?” He asked

“Math”

“Me too.”

“Cool”

“Yea, so uh how long have you been playing baseball ball?” He asked

“Uh since I was 6, I think, you?”

“Around that age also, what position do you play?”

“I’m a utility player, but pitcher is my calling.” He look a little shocked to say the least, but he shrugged it off

“Really? That’s something, I play first.” He smiled, we walked into math class and both took a seat in the back. “So, are you going to try out next week?”

“Yea, I just have to work out a few issues.”

“Like what?” He looked completely confused

“like the fact that I don’t have a penis.” I stated, he began to laugh

“Ms Henderson and Mr. Fisher, would you like to explain to the class what is so funny?” The teacher asked, this teacher is really pissing me off.

“No thank you, I’m good.” I looked at her and smirked “Bitch” I murmured, and Carter started laughing again.

******************

It was finally time to go home; I had most of my classes with Carter, and my lunch with him. I really didn’t make any ‘friends’ today. When I got home I changed into a par of shorts and a lose-fitting t-shirt and went into our back yard to pitch into the net. When my dad came home, he brought some pizza.

“So dad I have a very important question to ask you.” I told him

“And that is?” He raised one of his eye brows

“Well I need you to talk the principle into letting me play baseball! Pretty, pretty please?” I asked

“Of course sweetie, I’ll even talk to him about it tomorrow.” He smiled.

“Thanks dad, well its getting late so I think I’m going to go to bed.” I told him and I walked up stairs and laid on my bed, dreaming about how good this year is going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's Outfit