Sequel: Written in the Stars

Passion

First Practice

School today was hell, to say the least. I was a human target, once the entire school found out I was on the baseball team, and not just on it but on VARSITY. Carter had made captain of the J.V. team. I also noticed that Blue eyes is captain of the varsity team, and he was giving me the most shit about it. I was beyond ready for practice today. Once we got to the field, they made us split up varsity and j.v. Great, I guess I’m throwing by myself, I guess coach read my mind.

“Pitchers and catchers must throw together every practice, when you’re finished warming take infield.” He walked away; a guy with brown hair came up to me

“Hey Luke, I’m your catcher.” He smiled in a flirty way; that grossed me out, he was my team-mate for fuck’s shakes!

“I hope you have fast reflexes.” Is all I told him before we started warming our arms up. Once we finished coach had me work in the back with him on signs and stuff like that. We had spent the whole practice working on my pitching, when it was finally over coach called a meeting.

“As most of you know we have a banquet to welcome new and returning players to a great season, it will be this weekend at the Royal Palace, and I encourage you to bring your family and friends. Oh and it’s a dress-up event, no jeans please.” Coach told us and we were dismissed, I packed up my stuff and went looking for my dad’s car, I couldn’t find it. Great he is late.

“Hey Cam!” I turned around and saw Carter walking towards me, “Where’s your ride?” He asked

“Late”

“Do you want a ride?”

“Sure that would be great.”

“Awesome, follow me.” I did what I was told and followed him to blue eye’s car. WAIT! Blue eye’s car?!

“What are we doing by him?” I whispered

“You don’t know?” He asked me

“Know what?”

“Derek’s my brother,” Ah, so his name is Derek.

“Ohhhh” Is all I said, blue eyes, I mean Derek finally noticed us.

“What is Camille doing here?” He asked Carter

“Were giving her a ride home.” He looked at me and smiled

“Get in the car.” Was all his brother said. “Were do you live?” He asked, I felt weird telling him my address, but I needed to get home.

“Well what do you know, were next door neighbors.” Carter smiled. “I guess you don’t have to ride the bus anymore.” Derek tried to protest but Carter won the argument and it was settled, I was going to have a ride to school, and from school. They pulled up in there drive way, I muttered a thanks and walked to my house. I pulled out the baseball game schedule we got today and hung it on the fridge; our first game was in a week. I pulled out some frozen pizza and eat it while working on my homework, my dad came in around 11 o’clock last night and carried me upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's School Outfit