Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Four

It was the morning after I had arrived in Miami, Florida and even though I would rather lounge around or go catch some sun at the beach, unfortunately Dave had rung me this morning reminding me to do my work and this was not a vacation. My first spot in mind to try was the skate park near the beach that I had past last night while on my way to the hotel in the cab, I think it might have been called Miami Ramps, it had a nice view and looked to be a good size where we could hopefully get some people signed up. Jeff had also told me though not only do they want me to look for skaters but just out going people who are willing to have a laugh and do crazy things.

*Meanwhile at Miami ramps*

"Yo, Steve-o! You heard the news?" Jack, a pretty cool skater shouted over to one of his friends.
"What news man?" Steve-o shouted in a hoarse voice as he walked over to a bench where Jack sat.
"Apparently a dude from Big Brother Magazine is in town looking for new people to be in the magazine, or even better a new rumored Video." Steve-o raised his eye brows and smiled as his friend told him the news.
"Really, well we better get ready for the guy in case he comes, you know where we can get any lighter fluid? I already got my lighter."
"I don't even want to know what your planning, 1. Because I want it to be a surprise and 2. I know what your like and don't even want to be involved. I think Jerry can help you with getting the petrol though, he might even have some in the back of his car." Jack stood with his board under one foot read to push off down the ramp.
"Alright cool dude, I'll see you later, try not to harm yourself too much!"
"How much is too much?" Steve-o laughed, Jack shook his head laughing and pushed off shouting behind him,
"Dead!"

A few hours later the petrol and lighter where 'safely' stored under the bench that Steve-o was previously sitting on, right now he was skating around the park mostly doing flip tricks and small jumps. As he skated he glanced up towards the gate and he saw a scene which made him stop and get of the ramps walking over to to Jack who was also staring at the same thing.
"Who is that?" Steve-o asked squinting slightly to see better.
"I don't know."
They were both watching a young girl, after getting out a cab, walking into the skate park and sitting down on a small wall at the side of the park.
"Guys she's from Big Brother!" Jez a well known 20 year old whispered to the rest of the group who stood watching her.
"What? How do you know?" Jack asked.
"Bobby walked past her on the way in and saw the tag around her neck, she must be here looking to sign people up."
"Well, count me in if you get that hotty." Steve-o smiled.
"Yeah, like she'd go for the clown."
"Hey! Girls find me irresistible."

*Back to Lowri*

Ehhhhhhhhhhh I really don't want to do this. I don't know how to do this! What am I meant to do audition them? Ask them if they want to join? Wait till they ask me? As I sat on a small wall a bit away from the main part of the park I guessed they knew why I was here and who for as they all stopped and looked at me whispering from afar. One caught my eye though, it was a guy who had short brown hair he was quite tall and had his shirt off, he looked quite good. I decided that the best way to do this job was to just get in and socialize, so that was what I was going to do.
"Hey" I smiled walking over the group of about 6 men.
"Hey, I haven't seen you around before?" A guy with short black hair and a nice smile said. "I'm Jack."
"Lowri, nice to meet you. So...what do you guys do around here apart from skate?" I asked.
"Nothing really this is where we hang out instead of work." The brown haired guy I had seen earlier answered.
"Could I see some of you skate maybe?" I smirked and looked at each one of them. All of them answered 'sure' apart from Steve-o who stayed beside me. "So what do you work as?"
"I'm a clown." I looked at him and he had a straight face, I think I just found my chosen one.
"Seriously?" I said, letting out a laugh as I did.
"Yeah," he said also laughing, "I graduated clown college and everything!"
"That's awesome! What's your name?"
"Stephen Glover, but everyone calls me Steve-o. And you are?" He smiled, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked with me.
"Lowri Foxx, I work at Big Brother Magazine."
"ooh, as a writer?" I nodded my head, "So what you doing over here in Miami?"
"Looking for people to use in the magazine and some other things, or I may just be on holiday." I winked.
"Well I have something interesting to show the guys if you want to watch as well? He started to walk quicker over to a bench where some petrol and a lighter was sat.
"Is it safe?" I asked.
"I hope so."
"Then yes." He looked at me and smiled while opening the petrol as i stood there waiting for him to begin more people started to gather, making a small crowd of his friends. I then watched as he proceeded to cover his pants in petrol before holding the lighter to them, the material burst into flames and squinted turning my head slightly but I did not look away.
"Steve-o, Steve-o, Steve-o!" His friends chanted as he attempted and succeeded in doing a hand stand, finishing, the got a fire extinguisher that was placed beside him and used it to put the fire of his bottom half out.
"Oh my god!" I laughed as others did when he finally put the empty canister down and bowed, everybody started to go back to what they were previously doing and left me and Steve-o alone again.
"How did...what...how...why did...HOW? I stuttered shocked but still smiling.
"A lot of practice babe, so what you think?"
"I think I wanna offer you another job." I smirked and looked over to see his shocked face.
"Really, like what sort of job?" He asked.
"Well, have you seen the BB Video 'Shit'?"
"Yeah, it came out just last year right?"
"Yeah! Well it had such a good reception from fans that we want to make another one, some stuff has already been filmed for it but it's not your usual skateboarding stuff so we were looking for some people to do some stunts and stuff." I watched as he looked around him and then back at me, squinting to shield his eyes from the sun.
"What would I need to do?"
"Well I'd put your name down, tell my managers and bosses about you and if they liked what they hear maybe they will get in touch with you."
"Well put my name down!" He smiled.
"I will, I just need you to fill this out please" I grabbed a form from my bag that was strapped over my shoulder.
"OK." He took it and sat down along with the pen I handed him and started to fill it out like I asked. "So how old are you? 19? 20?"
"26, you?"
"26! Well you look like jail bait babe, no offense!" He laughed, shocked.
"It's fine, I don't take offense in people calling me young." Once he completed the application form and handed it back to me he asked me to sit next to hi.
"Soo, is there anyway I can get your number?" My eyes went wide as I tried to find something to say.
"Well...I guess it's only fare since you gave me yours." I reached in and grabbed another contact card which had my mobile, work and home number on.
"Single?" He asked very bluntly again.
"Yes. Are you?" Even though I was slightly attracted to him and he seemed really nice, if Big Brother was going to be employing this beautiful idiot then by no means was I going to date him. I don't date colleges, but he wasn't a college yet!
"Yeah."
"Well I better be going as much as I want to stay, see you later."
"Bye." He waved and got up as I started to walk away and out of the skate park.

I had just got back to the hotel from going to numerous skate parks, skate shops, parks and just around on the beach looking for people, but none of them even reached the level I saw with Steve-o today and that is the sort of people we wanted for the magazine not just any old skaters. Suddenly my phone started to ring,
"Hello?"
"Hey is that Lowri? It's Dan from the plane." I laughed at how he said that.
"Oh, hey Dan from the plane." I teased, "what's up?"
"Well I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go out to dinner tomorrow night? If your still here that is."
"Yes I'm here till Wednesday." It was Friday today which gave me 4 days to get close to Dan, I hate long distance relationships.
"Cool, so if you tell me where your staying I can pick you up maybe at 6pm?" He sounded hopeful and I couldn't say no.
"Sounds good, I'm staying at the Rally Beach Hotel. See you at 6. Bye." I then hung up. It had been a really hard day and even though it was only 9 o clock I decided to turn in to bed for the night.