Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Six

"Tell me about it! I know, I didn't actually believe it when it was happening right in front of me." Right now I was telling Jeff and Dave what our new recruit, Steve-o, had done at the skate park two days ago. They didn't believe it when I told them, but after going on You Tube and discovering someone had put footage of him doing the stunt on there, they believed every word and congratulated me on offering him a job.
"So, you found anyone else while you've been over in Florida?" I thought about other people I had met and how none of them really matched up to Steve-o.
"Not really, none that were out there enough. Anyway, what's been going on back at the L.A office?" I smiled while thinking how much I actually missed it there.
"Not much, you know the usual. Actually, Knoxville came in the day after you left to write up his article for the video, it turned out really well so that's definitely something we will be running this fort night." Carnie informed me.
"Yeah we gave him your desk, hope your not mad." Jeff said obviously grinning.
"You replaced me already? Well I guess that shows how much you love me!" I laughed over the phone.
"We do love you Low. So your going to keep in contact with him?"
"Yep, I'll give you a ring if anything comes up okay?" I said.
"Okay. Oh! Before you go, there's is this one guy I want you to look for while your still over there. His name is Chris Pontius, he's done some picture work for us in the past but we lost contact with him. If you could get him signed up for this it would be great!" Dave Carnie got in before I could end our call.
"Sure, where abouts?"
"Somewhere down in southern Florida, I think he works for a skate park called Beach View."
"Alright I'll check it out, see you guys later!" I screamed.
"Okay. Bye Low." They both cheered.
"Bye!" Grinning, I hanging up on them before getting ready for the day.

As I was two hours ahead of LA over here I had to wait at least two hours for that phone call to arrive from Jeff, so by now the time was 12pm and i still wasn't clean or dressed. Grabbing my make up before going into the bathroom, I walked in and locked shut the door behind me, felling no need to lock it. I pulled the shower curtain back and started the shower, getting it to a nice temperature. Washing my hair and body, I soon stepped out smelling like Strawberry smoothie and with a towel wrapped tightly around my head and another around my body. I dried my body off thoroughly before pulling on a pair of dark denim jeans, a newspaper print tank top and a long sleeved cream knitted jacket. I then walked into the bathroom again and quickly done my make up simple for the day, then I blow dried my hair till it was straight before slipping a ring on my finger, picking up my bag and making my way out of the small hotel room. I decided I was going to get the bus down to the skate park the boys wanted me to go, it would take about a hour but with my amazing navigation skills it would be a piece of cake.

After 2 hours and 3 buses I finally stepped off the bus just down the street from Beach View Skate Park, I could see the sign just a few meters away, along the road. In a few short minutes I had reached the entrance, but I didn't see anybody who looked like a employee hanging around. I saw a few head turn to look at me and the work badge hanging around my neck, as I smiled at them they seemed to work extra hard in doing tricks and showing other skateboard knowledge. But where was this Chris Pontius? I then saw a small snack and drinks stand next to a large ramp, deciding it was my best bet, I walked over to it seeing a 20 or so year old guy unpacking boxes of soda into a large fridge.
"Excuse me?" I said trying to attract his attention.
"Hmm, oh hi, erm what can I get you?" He seemed rushed, quickly standing up and rushing to the small counter that I stood at.
"Actually I was wondering if you could help me find someone, Chris Pontius? Someone told me he worked here or used to at least." He smiled and pointed over to a small skating bowl. A guy stood with shoulder length, light brown hair, his shirt off and a skateboard in his hand.
"That's your guy, over there with the shabby hair cut." He grinned.
"Thanks, I'll tell him you said that." I laughed, he just winked casually as I walked away. As I got closer to Chris, his face did look familiar as if I had glanced over him in the magazine.
"Chris?" I asked, squinting my eyes as I was not sure of myself. The guy had his back turned to me and as I said his name, he slowly turned and a confused look appeared on his face as he slowly turned his whole body towards me.
"Yes? Do I know you?" He asked, looking me up and down.
"Erm no, but I think you know you I work for. Big Brother?" I said HOPING this was the right guy.
"Oh yeah," he smiled, "can I help you with something?" He asked looking worried.
"Yeah actually. Well first of all Hi, I'm Lowri, and my boss sent me here to see if you were interested in basically re-newing your contract with us." I started.
"Oh really, and whats in it for me?" He sat down on the edge of the bowl and patted beside him for me to join him.
"Were making a new video and they wanted to know if you'd be in it, I'm guessing they think your a pretty kick ass skater." I giggled.
"Well I already KNOW that! And from what I did in pictures, I'd say this video is going to be amazing." I laughed more and he joined me as we sat there.
"So what do you say? All I need is a form filled out and a signature." I smiled.
"And you'll get back to me?" I looked him straight in the eye,
"And I'll get back to you."
"Where do I sign?" Yet again, just like I had with Steve-o, I pulled an application form from the bag that was still strapped around my shoulder and handed to Chris along with a pen. In just a few short minutes Chris was finished filling in the form and handed it back to me, "Is that all you came here for, it seemed pretty simple?"
"Well, I'm not very good at the whole business meeting pro thing." I said, finally becoming my full self.
"I can see that." I faked offense and pushed him playfully on the arm. "So are you going to be in this video?" He asked.
"Yep, I have actually already filmed for it! I was born with a face for TV." I stood up and got all my stuff together as did Chris.
"Well I hope I get to see you soon. In LA would be better." I grinned,
"Would you like to end this professionally or friendly?"
"Friendly, I'm a friendly guy." He pulled me into a hugged and kissed me on a cheek before dropping his skateboard on the ground. "See you soon." He pushed off and skated the bowl really well.
"Bye" I said before walking away and trying to find a bus that would get me straight back to the hotel. It was, anyway, already 4pm.

"Yeah I got his signed up and said we'll get back to him." I was on the phone to Jeff.
"Well Done. You get a raise."
"If only it were that simple." I groaned.
"You think that is bad! Listen to this. I was in our office this morning and heard Dave talking on the phone about how Comedy Central and MTV are having a bidding war over Johnny!"
"What!...Why?" I exclaimed.
"The computer system got hacked and someone took the footage, guess they sold it and now he's a wanted man."
"I never knew you were a gossip girl Jeff." I laughed.
"Ha ha. This is serious! What is he leaved us?" Jeff shouted.
"I doubt he will Jeff, I mean he's a good guy from what I have seen, and I bet Dave will work something out, weather it be not using the footage or scrapping the video; he will work it out." I said, trying to convince my-self also.
"Yeah, your probably right, for the first time ever, but I guess even the thick ones have their day!" He laughed.
"Shut up! Listen I gonna go, I'm hungry." I said.
"Nice to know you put friends before food. You eating alone?"
"Yep. Why you wanna join me?" I joked.
"If only it were that simple" He quoted me.
"I'll see you Wednesday. Talk to you later."
"Bye"
"Bye" I hung up the phone and picked my bag up off the bed, leaving the hotel room and making my way down to the hotel restaurant for dinner.