Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Seven

After a final few days in sunny Florida, it was finally time for me to start my trip back home. I was still running around packing certain things that were still lying around in draws and on the floor, even though my flight was due to leave in just under 2 hours. During the past 3 days I had continued my job in trying to look for some decent people to be in the new video, but I hadn't found one that was even worth talking to. Although, there were a few guys on the beach I wouldn't mind working with for a few months, they were very easy on the eye. I finished packing and heaved my suitcase off of the bed in an attempt to drag it out of the room.

"I'm here to check out please." I said, out of breath, once I had finally reached reception. The woman behind the desk looked up at me and smiled, starting to type on the computer.
"Okay, was your stay to your liking?"
"Yes, nice, I was...pleased." I am the king of small talk!
"Well, your bill comes to $98.40. That along with your booking price has been charged to a company account, is that right?" She looked up as if I would know.
"Erm...yep." She took my room key from me and handed me a receipt.
"I hope you enjoyed your stay, have a nice journey." She smiled.
"Thanks, bye" Pulling my 1000lbs suitcase with me, I stumbled over to the front hotel entrance, where a pre-ordered cab was already waiting.

"Name please Miss."
"Lowri Foxx, I have 1 bag to check in." I said lifting it onto the scale.
"Lowri Foxx from Big Brother Magazine?" She asked looking at a small scrap of paper.
"Yeah. Is something wrong?" I asked, scared to say the least. I was in the middle of checking in, I had got to the airport with minutes to spare.
"Oh no. Just a Mr Carnie wants you to call him, he rung here and left a message." She said while checking my passport and handing it back, my bad moving towards the back and disappearing. Mr Carnie, ha ha ha!
"Oh right, Thanks. Is there a phone I can call him on?"
"The passenger phone are located through security, in the terminal."
"Okay thanks." I walked through the airport until I reached the security check and, as always, I got pulled over after the machine beeped to be, lets be honest, felt up. The young looking, and quite hot, looking guard made his way over to me as I stood next to my bag which had got through successfully. Running his hands up my thighs and across my chest, I rolled my eyes as he asked me to hold my arms out then, deciding I wasn't a terrorist, he let me go with a smile.

Finding the phones after I had got myself a cup of coffee, I typed in the office number until a familiar voice picked up on the other end.
"Hello, Big Brother Magazine."
"Why hello Mr Carnie, I got word that you wanted to talk with me." I spoke in a posh voice while laughing.
"Well nice of you to finally answer to that message huh?" He joked grumpily.
"Shut up! What do you want?"
"What time do you get in to LA?" I looked at my watched for about five minutes trying to do the math.
"Well it's 10am now, hey your in early aren't you?"
"Lowri stick to subject!" He laughed.
"Well it's 10am now, so I should get in LA airport at...2, 3, 11, erm, 12 maybe 1pm LA time. Why?"
"Great, I want you to down the office straight away!" My face dropped.
"What?" I said blandly.
"Come by the office I have some great, well good, well...I have news!" He shouted down the other end of the phone.
"Sounds promising."
Flight 10274 to Los Angeles, can all passengers come to gate 7
"oh listen my flight just got called, I'll see in a couple hours then, bye!" I shouted then hung up on him, starting to walk towards my gate.

*Back in LA at the Big Brother Office*

"Okay I'm here! Everyone can stop being depressed!" I shouted as I walked into the gathering area where everyone sat, I wasn't surprised though as it was lunch hour.
"Oh great, Satins back." Rick Kosick mumbled as I walked over. Everyone laughed so as I walked passed I smacked him on the back of the head, before heading over to sit next to Jeff.
"Hello, haven't seen you in a while," he smiled, "have a good time in Florida?"
"eh...it's was alright met some cool people, heard anything new?" I asked.
"No, Dave said he wanted to make an announcement though when you got back." He took a bite of his sandwich.
"I better tell him I'm here then," I got up of the couch, "he in his office?" Jeff nodded as I walked down the hall towards the Boss's office.
"Da-a-a-a-a-ave!" I sung just opening the door.
"Kno-o-o-o-o-o-ock!" He sung back, I laughed and sat in the chair in front of his desk. "So the plane didn't crash?" He smiled.
"Ahh, Dave don't be so mean!" I gasped with joke shock, "Thought I'd let you know I'm back. Why did you want me to come in anyway? There better be a good reason!" I frowned.
"Oh, there is. And I think you overparticular will like it!"
"Why? I'm not fired am I?" I asked growing worried.
"Is that your result to all news? But no your not fired! If anything your the opposite!" I scrunched my eye brows together.
"I'm unfired?" I said confused, pushing my head backwards.
"No...I mean, never mind Low, why did I hirer you again?"
"Because of my irresistible charm and good looks." I stated sweetly while smiling.
"yeah...well come on I better break the news to you and the rest before that brain of yours implodes."
"HEY!" We walked back out towards the rest of the guys. I went over and sat in my previous seat beside Jeff and another face I recognized sat to my right.
"Hi you." He said as his sunglasses sat on his face.
"Johnny! Hi, how are you?" I gave him a small hug.
"Good, you?"
"I'm good, you know what this is about?" He pointed towards Dave standing in front of us.
"No idea, something about me being unfired or something." I turned towards Dave as he started talking, while Johnny gave me an amused look.

"Guys! Listen up! I have some news. Now you may all know about the stolen video, and some of you may have heard about the bidding war going on between out very own Johnny over there." Johnny did a small wave which made me smile, before Dave started again." But I got a call yesterday giving us a very exciting off which I want to tell you all." He took a deep breath and started for a final time. "MTV productions called and offered a place on TV for us, we would have our own show to show stunts all we have to do is pitch the idea and they'll give us a deal." My eyes went wide as my brain took in the information, our own show! "But I do have some bad news also...To do this, when I look at the money were taking in, to do this we would have to shut down the magazine altogether. This way we could keep all the staff that can work on the show and are from here instead of hiring new, for the rest of the journalists I haven't invited to the meeting, it's over for them." A look of sadness came across all the faces that previously had happiness plastered on them.
"So if we pitch this show, get the deal and make it, all of us here in this room will be working on it?" Sean asked from his place, standing in the corner.
"Yeah, except one." Dave answered. All the heads in the room spun round looking for clues to who it could be. Some landed on Johnny, some landed on Jeff, some even landed on me. But it was the next words spoken that made everyones heads snap back to the front.
"Me" I gasped and as the air escaped from my lungs my face also dropped as I stared at Dave.
"Why?" I asked.
"Well, to be honest there is not much I can offer for a TV show I'm not a director or anything. I'm going to have a year off, just me and the family, it'll be nice." He smiled, then grinned. "I would like to introduce you to your new boss though a one who, I think, could really make this show into a good one. Jeff." My head shot towards Jeff, who was in shock himself. He slowly stood up and made his way over Dave. "What do you say?" Dave asked.
"Me, be a what? A Director?" For the first time Jeff was speechless. "Yeah, Thanks, erm..thanks!" I grinned as they shared a hug and everybody got up to join them. Giving Jeff a hug of Congratulations and Dave a hug of Good Bye.
"So you all wanna do this thing!" Jeff shouted.
"Yeah!" Every one agreed shouting. I guess this was something like a new beginning in all our books, especially with Dave Carnie leaving, he had been my boss for my 6 years here.
"So what now?" Kosick's asked.
"Well I've already told the rest of the guys the magazines ended."
"What, that's it it's through?"
"Yep so you better make that deal with MTV" Dave laughed.
"Then I guess we get planning!" Jeff grinned. The rest of the day was spent celebrating and even some talk of what the new program would hold but until then I guess all I can say is Good bye to Big Brother.