Before I Leave

Silence

The next day at school was long, but not bad. Corey was still with Macy the whole day, but thats expected. Every chance he got he would flash me that sly smile. I would try to look casually away but the smile would still spread across my face. It seemed like forever until football practice arrived. It was Monday, which meant an easy day. Most of it watching film from the last game. It was pretty hot so I was grateful to get to be inside. When they started film I went to the trainer room to get things picked up. After a few minutes of sweeping the ever dirty floor I heard the door sqeek open. I peeked around the corner to see Corey. I couldnt help but smile and he smiled back.
"Hey." I said setting the broom up against the wall.
"Hey, Coach said to come get a different helmet." He said handning me his.
"Mmkay." I said walking opening the door to the hall that led to the equiptment room. As i swung the door open I could see how dark it was. It looked really scary. I stopped for a second, knowing you couldnt turn the light on unless you were all the way into the equiptment room.
"Dang." I said walking into the dark hallway. I could feel Corey following right behind. Suddenly the door slammed shut and there was no light at all.
"Corey!" I said spinning around and grabbing onto him. I could here him laughing softley.
"Baby." He whispered into my ear. I turned around to keep walking, but his hand caught mine and soon we were into the equiptment room. I searched for the light and finally clicked it on and he began looking for a helmet that fit. I climbed up into an hold grocery cart holding straps.
"Hey will you come help me find the size on this one?" Corey asked.
"Sure." I said hopping down and walking over to him. I took the helmet from him and began looking for the size. I could feel his finger tips brushing against my leg and looked up. He was staring at me with those brown eyes.
"I cant find it." I said my voice shaking a little.
"Maybe you should look harder." He said leaning closer. I knew I should pull away, but just this once, I wanted him to be mine. I didnt want to think about what would happen tomorrow, or next week or next month. I didnt want to know how much it would hurt when he left again, or how mad Macy would be if she knew. I didnt want to think about how I was still second best. I just wanted to give him one last chance. So I decided at that moment to let my wall down, and my heart out. And it only took a second for me to give him my whole heart. Even if it was just for now, and tomorrow it was completely shattered, it was worth it. All my thoughts were silenced as he pressed his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?:)