‹ Prequel: Don't Stop Believin'
Status: In the works :)

Powerplay

Finally A Hook-Up

[Hanna]

I can’t believe that the last person I wanted to see while I was in the hospital was here.

Sasha had walked in behind Pavel and Isabella. Why must my brother know everyone?

Sasha walked over to me and said we needed to talk. I nodded telling her it was fine, without actually saying anything. She made everyone leave the room. She smirked a little. “I just saw Koivu leave. You finally hook him yet?”

I looked at her, confusion written across my face. “Hook him?”

She laughed lightly and shook her head. “Are you dating him?”

The biggest grin appeared on my face. “Yes. He just asked me.”

She nodded. “How are you feeling?”

I sighed. “I could be worse, but I wish I felt better.”

She nodded again. “I hope you feel better.”

I gave her a genuine smile. “Thank you.” I had a little pause. “So does this mean we can be friends again?”

She nodded.

The smile I had previously had had grown. “So… You’re single now?”

She looked at the ground, a tear running down her face. “His phone somehow called me as he was having sex with another woman. I found out that he had been having an affair for about a month now. How could I be so stupid?”

I grabbed her hand. “You aren’t stupid. You just need to find a guy who is genuine. You shouldn’t go after those musicians and actors. They always fuck the groupies. Most athletes are bad too. If you really want someone famous, go after a hockey player. It’s been proven that they are the most faithful. If you want, I can set you up with someone.”

She nodded. “I think I’m going to talk to a few of the guys on Pavel’s team. Maybe I can get a date with Alex Ovechkin, Alex Semin, and Semyon Varlamov.”

I looked at the ground. “If Val were to ask you out, would you give him a chance?”

She nodded. “One chance. That’s it.”

I smiled. “Thank you. I’ll be sure to let him know. He has the biggest crush on you.”

She laughed. “I got that.”

I smiled at her, and hugged her as tight as I could without hurting myself. I called everyone back in, Val sat next to me, watching Sasha. I looked at him and whispered in his ear. “She’s willing to give you a chance, but only one chance, so don’t fuck it up Val.”

Val nodded and grin spread across his face. “I’m not going to be the one to fuck it up.” He laughed. “The same goes for you too, missy.”

I shook my head. I hated when he called me that. But he was right; I’d find a way to mess things up with Koivu.

••●

I was released from the hospital a couple days later. Mikko and my brother were waiting for me.

Val looked at me. “We’re getting you a restraining order against Backstrom. He’s not hurting you again.”

I nodded, knowing that it needed to be done. I looked at Mikko and managed a small smile.

He smiled back and grabbed my hand and pulled me close.

I smiled, and laid my head on his chest. “Thank you.”

Mikko held me close and kissed my forehead. “No problem. And you’re staying with me tonight.”

••●

Later that day I met up with Sasha before heading to the hotel that Mikko was staying in.

“Val said he was able to do a date tomorrow night with you.” I said as I was ordering my coffee.

She smiled, excited. “Thank you.” She hugged me. “Don’t tell Val, but I have a date tonight with Nicklas Backstrom.”

I swallowed my coffee hard. “As in Washington Backstrom.”

“Yeah.” She replied, “Why?”

“Promise me you won’t do that. He’ll end up hurting you.” I looked at her, not wanting to say more.

“Meaning?” She looked at me confused.

I sighed. “He’s the one that put me in the hospital.”

She hugged me. “I won’t go out with him then.”

I hugged back. “Thank you.”

Sasha gave me a ride to Mikko’s after our talk was done. I knocked on the door and waited…