‹ Prequel: Don't Stop Believin'
Status: In the works :)

Powerplay

The Things I Do

[Hanna]
I sat outside Mikko’s hotel room for a couple minutes, waiting for him to answer. I was about ready to turn around and leave when a woman and two kids walked out. That’s when I took off. I didn’t want to even know why they were there. I can’t handle another lying relationship.

I made it down to the lobby when Mikko caught up. “What are you doing? I was waiting for you to show up.”

I shook my head. “Who were they?”

“Who?”

“The woman and two kids that walked out of your room.”

He laughed.

“Don’t laugh at me. I’m serious.”

“That was my brothers’ wife and two kids, Hanna. You don’t need to worry about anything.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

He took my hand. “Now are you ready to come up to my room with me?”

“Yeah, just be gentle with me tonight. I’m still really sore.”

He smiled. “I’m not going to try anything until you’re completely comfortable with it.”

I nodded and hugged him; then followed him up to his room.

He helped me get undressed and gave me one of his shirts to sleep in.

“Thank You.” I said and crawled into the bed.

He crawled in next to me and held me close.

I felt like I was finally free of everything, when I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning…Mikko gone. I got up and found a note attached to the bathroom mirror. I smiled at the fact Mikko even thought of that.

I read the note.

“Had practice this morning…I gave your brother tickets for you and another person to get right up next to the glass at the next game. Please use them. I’d love to see you there. ~Mikko”

I smiled bigger and texted Sasha, hoping she’d come with me.

I then relooked at the texts from the night before.

Sasha: Hanna. Cancel my date with your brother.
Hanna: Why?
Sasha: I have a new boyfriend and he’s very protective.
Hanna: Who?
Sasha: It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that every guy stays away from me. If Val comes close, my boyfriend will hurt me and him.
Hanna: Please reconsider, Sasha. Val really likes you. Just tell me who this guy is.
Sasha: I can’t give you a name. I can only tell you that you know him.

I thought about who she could have meant…then it hit me…Nicklas Backstrom. Why must he find a way into my life somehow.

I quickly ran over to her hotel room and knocked. Nicklas answered and drug me inside.

Fuck…