‹ Prequel: Don't Stop Believin'
Status: In the works :)

Powerplay

"You Again..."

Chapter 8

[Val]
I leaned against the wall outside Sasha's hotel room. I can't believe my own sister fucked this up for me. I ran down to her room and pounded on the door.

She opened it and let me in. She knew I was mad. 

"How could you?! How could you fuck this up for me?!" She backed away from me. "I fucking trust you Hanna! You don't just go and destroy a relationship because I fucked things up."

Hanna looked at me like I was going to slap her. " I'm sorry Val. I just thought if I broke them up...you two could get together...and you'd be happy. That's all I wanted."

"Yeah, well...you fucked it up now...and it's not going to happen."

"Just get out Val!"

With that I left, not wanting to fight with anymore than I had too.

I went back to where I was staying with the team. 

Mikko Koivu came over to me. "You okay?" 

I nodded not wanting to say anything, knowing my voice would crack.

"You better be better by the game. And your sister better be coming too."

"She will be. Don't worry. She wouldn't miss it for anything." 

He walked away. 

I went back to my bedroom and quickly texted Hanna: You're coming to the Finland game in two days. Koivu wants to see you.

Then I texted Sasha: I really am sorry for what Hanna did. I had nothing to do with it. Just try and talk to her. She feels horrible. 

I put my phone on the table next to my bed and passed out.

[Hanna]
It was a couple days into the Olympics. I was sitting at the Russia game with Val. We were there to cheer on Datsyuk, even though I really wasn't into cheering today. 

I knew Val was mad at me and I hated that feeling. "Val...I'm sorry. I just thought if I helped a little you'd be able to be with her."

Val looked at me, thinking of what to say. "You thought wrong. And you fucked up my chances with her. So it's going to take more than an apology for what you did."

"Val..."

He stopped me. "I'm serious Hanna. You're lucky I don't just send you home."

I started tearing and got up. "If you're that unhappy with me, then I'll just leave now." I walked out of the stadium.

I hoped that Val would have followed me, but he didn't. Maybe he was right...maybe I should just go home. I tried to hail a taxi to get back to the hotel.

"I figured I'd see you here supporting your brother." I knew who it was without even having to turn around. 

I took a deep breath. "What do you want Nick?"

"You know what I want."

"Your not going to get that. You lost me when you started beating me." I turned around.

"All I want is to talk to you."

"Yeah...well I'm not in the talking mood." I started walking away. 

"I know you fucked up things with your brother"

I stopped dead in my tracks. "How do you know that?"

"Things get around Hanna. You should know that by now."

"Fine. If you want to talk we'll do in public." I brought him back into the arena. 

We sat there and talked until the game was over. I started to realize why I fell for him in the first place. 

He got up and took my hand. "I'm bringing you home." 

All I could do we nod. I was so tired.

He brought me back to my room and laid me on the bed. He laid next to me and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I missed you." I rolled over and kissed him lightly.

He deepened the kiss. "I missed you too baby."

He pulled me close and sung to me lightly in Swedish, making me fall asleep. 

I awoke the next morning Val leaning over me. I looked around and saw I was in the hospital. All I could think was...not again.