‹ Prequel: This One's For You
Sequel: After All This Time
Status: All Done!!! Check out the next installment, though(:

Promise Me This

The sun glittered off of the Pacific, the only clouds in sight wispy white tufts. July 7th, 2012 was a beautiful, magical day. In the San Fernando Valley, everyone at that beach stood and turned, watching the bride float down the aisle. Her light, airy, white dress fluttered lightly in the breeze and her gauzy veil couldn’t hide the beautiful blond curls that cascaded down her back, or her eyes that were bluer than the sea. Her father escorted her, his shirt the blue of her eyes, the white sand sticking to his black dress pants, but he could care less.

Kate’s hazel eyes flickered to her brother Jesse, who stood with his ice blue eyes a melted pool, fixated on his bride-to-be. As she tucked a coffee colored strand behind her ear, her other hand holding a bouquet, she couldn’t help but feel his happiness, and a smile broke across her face. She then turned her attention back to Jayna, who kissed her father’s cheek, handed Kate her bouquet, and joined hands with Jesse. Kate’s knee-length, pale yellow bridesmaid dress tickled her legs as a breeze brushed across the ceremony.

The priest began with the vows, and Kate allowed her eyes to wander until they connected with a familiar pair of jade ones. A smile flickered across Kendall’s lips, and he winked at Kate, flipping his sandy hair away from his face.

“I love you,” Kate mouthed, giving a crooked grin. Kendall’s heart beat faster, and his face flushed, but not from the summer heat.

His lips managed to form the words ‘I love you too,’ and both turned back to the bride and groom, both looking like the luckiest people on the planet.
  1. The Plan
    “You know, I kinda, sort of, like you a lot,”
  2. Interuptions
    “For such an obnoxiously huge apartment, there’s a serious lack of privacy.”
  3. Home Sweet Home
    “I’m not gonna kill him. I just want to talk to him,”
  4. Tour Time
    “Still. But just promise me, none of that flirting with the groupie girls. I don’t care how many I-heart-Kendall things they have. Your heart is mine,”
  5. Morning Rush
    “The lunch rush arrived. You girls care to help? Or just gossip?”
  6. Doubts
    “Kate, you have Jesse and Jay, and you really do have us. Sure, we’re not there right now, but we’re gonna come back. Always.”
  7. In Sickness and Health
    “No. I don’t want to wake up with you gone. Then how will I know any of this was real?”
  8. Forms of Goodbye
    “Not always. Like when you say ‘bye,’ leave, then remember you forgot something and come back.”
  9. Better Than Revenge
    “Yes, because it’s law. If your names are similar, you must be best friends,”
  10. Honestly
    “It still might be beneficial to subtly hint at how you feel,”
  11. Homecoming
    “Is this Jesse we’re talking about? You know, the one that threatened me with the baseball bat almost four months ago?”
  12. Normality
    “No. You need to chill. I’m pregnant, not terminally ill.”
  13. What Hurts The Most
    “I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to upset you.”
  14. Numb
    “It’ll be alright. You’re so strong Kate, and you’ll get through it,”
  15. Cardboard boxes and Silver Frames
    “Kendall, you’re an idiot,”
  16. Everyone Goes on Breathing
    “I know, darling, I know. It’s something you learn eventually. All men are idiots.”
  17. Occasions
    “That’s just it. Everything is okay. You guys are amazing, and have done all of this for me, and here I am bawling my eyes out. I’m being so incredibly inconsiderate,”
  18. Twenty-One
    “Point taken. But really, Katherine, it’s your 21st birthday. Think about it.”