Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.04

"You have an indoor pool, horses and a large kitchen?" I asked with wide eyes, without warning I launched myself at Raymond and, like a leech stuck to his side. "I think I love you all," I sniffed back mock tears and wiped under my eyes. "If you say you have a dog I think I might suffocate you."

"We'll we don't want that," he patted my back laughing as he pulled me away. "But yes I have a dog."

I went to jump on him again but he ran laughing down a hallway, I cackled slightly and ran after him. "Come back here! I promised suffocation!" I shouted as I followed him down a small but wide darker hallway, two doors on the left side and one on the right. "Hey! Where'd you go?" I turned around and looked behind me, then back in front. "Fine I'll investigate for myself."

I opened the first door on the left side and grinned to see a medium sized pool, the ceiling was glass and everything was bright and tidy, someone liked to clean a lot. I pulled the door to and opened the door on the right, which was a bedroom, cozy and very large. Must have been Maria and Raymond's room. "Hey Ray you in here?" he didn't answer, so I moved on to the next door, which was the outside door, once I walked out my eyes widened at the landscape. "I am not following you!" I shouted loud enough that he could hear, the landscape consisted of roses, and any kind of flowers but also a large maze made of hedges, like in the labyrinth. "Or will I?" I narrowed my eyes as I moved slowly towards the maze opening, it was fun playing hide and go seek, I never had a father or a male figure in my household so being near someone like Raymond, so far, it was fun and made me feel like I was six again.

"Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone," I mumbled out of key under my breath as I walked through the large mazes, I stopped after a few minutes and sighed. "If anything jumps out at me, I will seriously have a stroke," I mumbled mainly to myself since no one was around, even if they were it was me who was warning myself to prepare for full cardiac arrest. "Raymond? What if I get lost? Will I starve to death and the horses eat me?" I snickered at the thought as I pushed past a couple more bushes, my red hair getting caught in a couple of the stickers. "Ow damn it."

"I'm beginning to not like hide and seek anymore," I grumbled as I walked slowly through the maze, I figured I was somewhere in the middle, or I could have been still at the beginning, that was always the problems with mazes, you never knew where the hell you where because you're in it. In a maze, lost and waiting for someone to find you or you to find yourself out of it. I turned my back and looked behind me before turning back around, ready to give up and fall on the ground so I could start screaming random things out of boredom, but that intention ceased when my face met someone's chest. "Oh damn," I froze up as I slowly slide my gaze up the build chest, to the tanned neck, then the chiseled facial features, the dark brown eyes, the black hair. A complete replica of Raymond, but somehow younger. "Who the hell are you?"

"I should be asking you the same question," the boy—man said as he stepped forward, causing me to step back. "Why are you in my maze?"

"Are you Jaden?" it was like my ears perked up like a bloodhound as he said 'my maze' and I suddenly got the whiff of domination over his domain, much like a dog looking after its bone.

"Yeah," he said cautiously as he moved to look over me. "And you would be in my yard, again for what reason?"

"I'm you're new roommate, or something like that," I said raising an eyebrow as I held my hand out nervously. "I'm Crimson Thorn, you're dad kind of," I looked around. "Abandoned me in the maze and I'm about ready to start screaming."

"That's dad for you," he mumbled as he took my hand in his, instead of shaking it he pulled me after him. "Yeah I'm Jaden, it's nice to meet you Crimson, and by the way what kind of name is Crimson?"

"My name," I shrugged as I fastened my pace to keep up with his long legged strides, he knew exactly where he was going and that kind of amazed me, because I was getting even more lost as the bushes blurred past him. "I don't know, my sister said that my name represents a red rose, which has a thorn and since my last name is thorn I guess my parents thought I'd be amusing," I shrugged again. "What kind of a name is Jaden?"

"It's my name," he said shrugging just as I had. "Apparently it's Jade with an N on the end of it, Jaden," he smirked as he glanced back around, his short cropped hair not even blowing in the breeze from all the gel he had in it to keep it 'perfect'.

"I know that smart—" I stopped when he came to an abrupt stop; I crashed into his back and closed my eyes before stepping back. "Ever heard of warning someone when you're stopping Jade with an N?" I snapped as I side stepped and cleared my throat. "You must be Maria…"

"And you must be Crimson," her light brown hair blew in the breeze as her kind smile brightened, she wasn't Hawaiian looking like Raymond or Jaden but she looked maybe Native American or Mexican, or at least some part. She had bright green eyes, a heart shaped face and a small and slightly rounded figure, she was by no means fat or flabby, she just wasn't a stick thin model, and she was just the right size in my book. "It's very nice to meet you."

"You too," I waved slightly as I pulled my hand free from Jaden's warm hand to scratch the back of my neck. "Um, do you know where Raymond went? I have a bone to pick with that man."

"I think he's in the kitchen," she smiled thoroughly amused at my irritancy as she waved me towards the back door. "Have you had a tour around?"

"Upstairs, downstairs, back yard," I counted off. "Bedrooms, bathrooms and everything in between, but I haven't seen the horses yet, that's my next stop." I explained as I walked towards the door with Maria in front of me and Jaden behind me.

"So what did my husband do to irritate you, dear?" Maria asked as she opened the door and let me in before her, Jaden held the door for her and waited until she passed before he followed in behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

You must comment.