Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.05

"Well, he ran off in the maze when I said I wanted to suffocate him," I stopped to smile. "I was going to hug him because of the stereo system, plasma screen, and balcony but then he had to go and mention you had a dog and I went bananas," I breathlessly admitted rather dramatically, "But anyway, he went running off and I went to follow, until I got lost and he didn't help," I crossed my arms. "So he's getting an earful, at least shout me directions so I won't starve to death you know?"

"I understand," she laughed at my adventurous tale as we walked through the kitchen archway. "Well there's your target," she pointed. "Be gracious and don't aim below the belt is all I ask."

"You're funny too," I giggled before I walked over and stood beside Raymond, who was chopping up a garlic clove, mushrooms, and onions on a cutting board. "You."

"Me?" he turned to me with wide eyes, tilting back slightly. "Why me?"

"What?" I said slowly, after I got he was trying to confuse me I glared. "You're mean Mr. Montes," she stopped before he could correct me. "When I'm getting onto you it's Mr. Montes, okay?" I advised as I pointed a finger at his chest. "You ran off and nearly got me killed, I was lost in that maze, god knows what would have happened? What if you had coyotes or some kind of animal that could kill me, I could have starved too!" I said with wide eyes. "You left me for dead; I hope you know that if I died I would haunt you."

He stared at me a good minute later, processing everything, and then slowly leaned forward. "I was never in maze, I was behind the door, and you wouldn't have died," he rolled his eyes at my dramatic choice of words. "You would have gotten out within an hour and if not I would have gotten you out, I just come in here to start supper," he stopped and sighed. "By the way how did you get out Miss Thorn?"

"You're son Jade with an N," I smirked at my words. "Decided to scare the living daylights out of me when I turned around a corner, one minute no one is there, the next, boom," I gestured with my hands something exploding. "He's there in my face."

Raymond smirked as he stood back up and glanced to his right, looking at his son who was leaned against the bar with his arms crossed, staring at us with his mother beside him watching with amusement. "You just jumped out at her son?"

"No," Jaden said shaking his head slowly as his gaze slid over to me. "I merely stepped out from behind a wall and she walked into my chest," he shrugged. "Can't help it she doesn't pay attention to her surroundings."

"How old are you?" I asked exasperated at his childishness, he only smirked in return as he bounced his legs on the ground then slowly turned and walked away. "You need to keep him on a leash; he could give some old lady a heart attack."

"Oh honey we know," Raymond patted my back before he turned back to cutting the vegetables; I sighed and looked over at Maria with a grin, who only shook her head and walked away laughing. "They like you."

"Really?" I asked as I turned to look at him, he looked down at my smaller frame and grinned while nodding his head. "How can you tell they like me? They haven't said anything to you yet."

"I know them," he nodded slowly as he turned back to look at the knife in his hands. "Maria thinks you're funny, that's why she was laughing so hard, and Jaden he thinks you and him will annoy each other to no end, but you'll be good friends," he smiled down at me. "Why don't you go unpack, I'll call you when the food is ready."

"Alright, thanks Raymond," I smiled as I leaned off the counter and started off through the kitchen, skipping as I went. "Horses," I mumbled as a 'note to self', to remind myself that I couldn't forget to visit the horses after I finished unpacking, I made it up the stairs without falling, which is always a good thing since I never really walked the stairs much at my house, we had four and that was the front porches steps, eight counting the back porch too. As I was walking to my new room, I stayed beside the banister, letting my hand slide on top as I looked down at the lower level. I didn't think I'd get along with these people when I arrived, but now that I've seen that the father, Raymond is kind of like a big teddy bear that treats me like his own daughter. The mother, Maria thinks I'm a trip, or that I'm crazy, not sure which. And the son, Jaden acts like a real pain in a horses rear, hopefully we'll get along better than that, I never wanted a brother, but if he's going to be forced on me as one. I might as well get used to it, while I can.

"Crimson," Jaden shouted as I walked past his room, I stepped back and glanced into his open door with an eyebrow raised in curiosity. I bet it was a trap, I walk in and something is either going to fling me up ten feet in the air and drop me or something will fall on me that's really gross, like honey.

"Yes?" I drug it out as I walked to the doorway and glanced around. "Where are you Jade with an N?"

"Okay you can get over that, you've used it to much and it's no longer amusing," he walked out from behind the door, which surprised me. "Are you going to stand there all day or walk in?"

"Well," I said slowly as I stepped in hesitantly while looking around, and then walked over to stand beside him. "What do you want and will it be dangerous?"

"What?" he asked slowly.

"I have to ask it," I explained. "Ever since my sister asked me to—oh never mind, what do you want Jade—"

"I said it was getting annoying," he nearly sang with a sigh that lasted way to long to be considered annoyed, more like played out.

"I was going to say Jaden," I said slowly as I watched his face. "Now what do you want? Jaden."

"I wanted to know if you wanted a ride with me tomorrow to school or would you like to ride with my mother?" he asked as he plopped down on his bed, I shifted my weight to my other leg and sighed thoughtfully.

"I don't know," I said slowly as I tapped my fingers against my chin. "Which one of you is the coolest; my bet is on your mom."

"Hey!" it took him a minute to get what I said, which was way to long in my opinion. "That was uncalled for lady."

"Crimson," I illustrated with my hands, writing it out in the air, putting a heart on the 'I' and then smiled. "And to be truthful, you're mom is pretty cool, she knows comedy when she sees it."

"I know you're name, okay," he said slowly and sarcastically, at least he knew how to be a smart-ass and that earned him brownie points in my book, I have a book for everything. "And I'm cool, you'll see."

"Are you a soccer jock?" I asked slowly as I held my hand out, "Or," I drug that out slowly as I looked up at his face. "Chess geek, band freak, science dork, and of course, artist," I said the last bit with a bad French accent that would make a Frenchmen turn his nose up at me.

"How about none," he said slowly; staring at me like I had lost whatever brain cell I had or have left. "I'm just, cool."

"I'll have to see it to believe it bud," I sighed as I turned around and walked out the door. "Later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

You guys gotta comment!!