Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.06

"Right," I heard him mumble as I walked from his room into my own room, standing at the doorway I bit my lip and looked around the large open area, my bags where on my bed, Raymond must have brought them up while I got lost, literally. I frowned at the memory of getting lost so idiotically, shaking my head of the thoughts, I walked in the fully and shut my room.

"Let's see," I whispered as I opened my suitcase, where my jeans and shirts where stacked together, I pulled them all out and threw them on my white sheeted bed and threw the suitcase in the closet, then grabbed my red duffle bag from the pile of bags. I opened it and flipped it over, dumping all the belongings on the bed along with my jeans and shirts. It was full of shorts, nightwear, underwear and socks since it was the largest of my bags, it held more. I sighed and grabbed the last bag and unzipped it, and done as I had before and flipped it over, dumping it all over the other clothes that I was beginning to have a mountain of, I threw the two duffle bags in the closet with my suit case and began to fold all my clothes that go in the dresser and lay out everything I would have to hang up to put in the closet.

"Knock-knock," the only other female in the house's voice rose through the silent room like a bomb being dropped, I dropped my shirt and turned around smiling at Maria who's heads was poking through the door. "Need any help?"

"Not unless you really want too, if you don't I'm all good," I smiled as she opened the door fully and walked in, shutting the door behind her softly.

"I'd love to help," she walked over to the bed and looked down at my stack of unfolded clothes, then the three shirts I had folded already, then to the empty closet which was rather large but narrow. "Oh dear, you don't have many things do you?"

"It's all I could fit in such short notice," I lied, the fact was I had three days to prepare, since I was told on my birthday so I had time to spend with my sister, Michelle. The reason I didn't have many belongings with me was because one, most of my things weren't clothes and were rather big so I had to leave them to be shipped later in the week. And two, I didn't have many clothes because my sister wasn't rich, she worked two jobs to support us, and I worked one at night so I could go to school in the day and still have money to buy food and clothes for us both.

"Oh," she laughed. "Oh course, I didn't think of that," she smiled as she grabbed a shirt and begun to fold it silently. "Do you like it here so far?"

I looked up at her and smiled, shrugging my shoulders. "It's not what I expected; I was already psyching myself out to become dark, depressed and alone. I figured you and everyone wouldn't be so nice, I like you all though," I smiled as I folded another shirt. "You remind me of my sister, she's quiet as a mouse and always laughing at something I do, Raymond reminds me of what my sister describes of my dad, and Jaden just reminds me of someone, I can't really figure out who though," I narrowed my eyes. "He's very…"

"Laid back," she admitted with a smile. "You're parents," she started as she cleared her throat. "Were very good people, you're mother Anna was a really good friend of mine in high school."

"You really don't look like you could have went to high school with her, how old are you?" I asked looking her up and down, she couldn't have looked more than twenty three. She didn't look like she could have had a seventeen year old son who's bigger than she is, needless to say. Whatever age she really is, I'd like to look like her when I get there. "What's you're beauty secret? I heard once if you put—"

"I have no beauty secret," she laughed at my eagerness. "I'm thirty three years old and I feel it every day."

"You aren't thirty three," I snorted as I stepped back and stared at her, when she stared at me emotionless, my smile faded. "You're seriously thirty three years old?"

"It's not that old," she defended as she folded the shirt she held in her hands.

"No, no don't get me wrong," I held my hands out in defense as I blew the hair out of my eyes. "You really don't look a day over twenty three, what's you're secret? I'm sure women everywhere would give me mega bucks if I told them what keeps you glowing."

"Aw Raymond was right, you are a sweetheart," she reached over and hugged me, then pulled back and smiled. "I really don't know what my secret is, everlasting life maybe?" she joked as she folded another shirt.

"Sign me up," I joked along.

"Her name is Abigail," someone said from behind me as I rubbed the brown mare's head from the opposite side of the white fence, I looked over my shoulder and smiled knowingly at Jaden as he walked up, a thick coat over his shoulders and his hands in his pockets, while in the nape of his arm was another jacket. "She's moms."

"You're dad told me when I seen her earlier from the porch," I explained as I pulled my hand back, but the large mare snorted and pushed her nose against my hand again, which caused Jaden to chuckle and me to giggle from the adorableness of the matter, the horse loved me.

"Oh yeah," Jaden mumbled as he pulled the jacket from his arm, holding it out to me. "Mom said to wear this 'or you might get a cold'," he raised his voice in such a high tone, which made me laugh, he did too. "So yeah, put it on or you'll give me a cold."

"Oh we wouldn't want Mr. Cool to get a cold now do we?" I mocked him as I grabbed the jacket and slipped it over my arms, the warmth of it was comforting, thankfully he had been cradling it or it would have been cold.

"Hell no," he laughed as he walked up beside me, touching Abigail's nose. "Like it so far? I know mom asked you earlier and dad asked you at dinner," he rolled his eyes. "But honestly, no adults around to criticize do you like it here?"

"I didn't think I'd like it," I said as I rubbed the top of Abigail's nose as I tried to pick my words, I was always a horrible conversation-ist when it came to talking to anyone besides me and me alone, "But now that I'm here and I feel wanted, I haven't had the time to actually sit down and think to death, I'm avoiding that because once I start thinking, I'll probably start to break down," I shook my head, "Anyway, I like it so far, yes I do. And I like you and you're family, I feel like I'm a long lost best friend or something," I laughed. "But I'm still trying to get your moms beauty secret out, it's like pulling teeth."

"You're very amusing to listen too," Jaden rocked back and forth on his heels before he started. "I'm glad you like it here, my parents have been worried sick since we got that call from Mr. Alpines, first mom didn't think you'd like pink, which I know you don't because I don't think anyone besides her likes that color," he laughed humorously, "And don't worry, you basically are a long lost best friend to them," he rubbed his nose and sniffed. "You're not so bad; I think you might be okay."

"Oh," I teased as I put my hand on my heart. "You like me; you really, really like me!"

"I said that you may not be bad," he said slowly as he backed up, I grinned and stepped forward towards him. "What are you doing Thorn?" he didn't say anything else because I jumped on him; we both fell in the tall grass laughing.

"I have done tackled you're father but he didn't fall down," I laughed as I leaned up and scrunched my nose up. "Thanks for pretty much accepting me into your family, I feel privileged."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Need comments to update.