Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"As hours move to minutes and minutes take longer to break, I will be desperately awaiting."

Adele seemed like she was going to scream back up in the common room. How could she have gotten detention? It’s not like she deserved it, those stupid twins. She never did anything wrong, and now, now of all times, she got in trouble.

It was even worse that she has to see them both in most of her classes and every time she went back to the common room. That was why Beauxbatons was so much simpler. All girls wouldn’t give a person so much trouble. It was like they conformed everyone to act proper and sweet.

She sighed, falling onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was kind of a bland place, her room. She wondered how she could fix it up, give it a quirkiness of her own. She looked in her trunk and pulled out black and white pictures she took when she was in France for the summer and just started hanging them up all over the place.

“You know, those are pretty good,” she heard from the door way.

Adele turned on her heel, a few pictures fanned out in her hand. Her eyes glared at the doorway as she demanded, “Which one are you?”

“George,” he said, entering the room without her permission, and she sighed, sitting on her bed. “The one who complimented you.”

She looked at him, then to the pictures around her room. She smiled for a moment. Her pictures brought back memories from the Eiffel Tower to Beauxbatons in general. She had taken pictures of her friends and of the changing seasons. Those were always her favorite. The changing seasons. One picture fell from her hand then, a picture of snowflakes, with something blurred in the background.

George picked it up and examined it. “Did you take this yourself?”

Adele nodded lightly. “Yeah, I guess you could say I’m really into photography,” she said. She put her pictures on her bed, and took her old-fashioned camera, the kind that needed to be focused and everything, out of her trunk. She placed it on her bedside table.

He stared at it like he had never seen anything like it before. Then again, he probably hadn't even seen one before. It was a muggle item, one that she had purchased from a She watched his expression and couldn’t help but laugh.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked.

“You, you silly boy,” she said, her accent making it hard to hear with her laughing.

“Why me?” he asked. “Is it because I’m just so devilishly handsome?”

She scoffed then. “No, your reaction.”

“So, I’m not handsome?” he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Adele looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Her bangs fell into her eye again, and she flicked her head to try and move them. “Was that a... rhetorical question? Or am I really expected to give an answer?”

George nodded, a smirk forming on his face. He scooted her over on her bed and sat right next to her. “It’s not that hard of a question.”

“Well, what if I asked you if I was beautiful?” she asked, matter-of-factly.

“If that was case, then I’d say yes, of course.”

“You’re just saying that,” Adele said, looking away for a moment before turning back to him once more.

“Am I?” George asked, looking her dead in the eye. “Anyway, I’d best be going. Dinner is shortly. You can sit by me if you want to, Miss. LeBeau.” She could sense his smirk as he exited her room. She let out a big sigh, closed her eyes, and lay back on her bed, thinking about what just happened.

~*~

As Adele headed down to the Great Hall for dinner, she contemplated sitting with George. It was true that he had been rather sweet to her, and it couldn't be argued that he was the closest she had to a friend here, but something in her wanted to have him come to her.

If he really wanted to sit with her, he'd come.

She took a seat at the empty end of the Gryffindor table and glanced down toward the fuller end. As she scanned those seated, her eyes stopped on the now-familiar faces of the Weasley twins. One of the twins' eyes caught her own, and he eagerly slid down to where she was.

"Playing hard to get?" he asked with a smile.

"No," Adele replied, brushing her blonde hair behind her ear. "Not at all. You extended an invitation, and I simply declined."

"Why?"

She paused to think. Why exactly had she chosen to sit alone instead of accepting his offer? Oh, right; she was playing hard to get. Damn him...

"Well, I mean, I just didn't feel like associating with the boys who got me detention." She was rather proud of how well that argument came together.

He sighed. "We're not entirely bad, you know."

Rolling her eyes, she sarcastically said, "Right."

"No, really. I mean, we pull pranks and all but other than that, we're not half bad."

"You still got me in trouble," she argued. "And I will not stand for that."

He sniggered. "Sheesh, you should really be a Ravenclaw."

"Listen, uh..." She realized that she had spent all this time talking to a twin but did not know which one.

"George," he told her with a slight smirk.

"Listen, George, I'm not the pranking type. I don't think it's funny, I don't think it's cute. I think it's absurd and immature. So please, and I'm asking nicely here, don't get me involved again in any more of your ridiculous schemes."

"Wow," he said. "Fred and I really ought to help you be less of a killjoy."

She scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You just don't seem to have a sense of humor."

"I do so 'ave a sense of 'umour!" And here again came the thick accent.

"Prove it then. Prank with us. Just once." He continued with a wink, "It'll be well worth your while, I can promise you that."

"Oh, really?" This was bound to be interesting. She moved some food to her plate to serve as a slight distraction and answered, "Fine."

George went back to talk to his brother, and Adele continued her meal in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hello, readers! :) So these chapters aren't really split up as we say they are because Kristyn and I wrote them all as one big chunk and are now trying to figure out how to split them. Haha. So I have a part Kristyn/ part Chrissie chapter. Just as an fyi. :)
Anyway, I guess according to Kristyn's mibba rules, I have to ask a question that will hopefully be answered in the comments: What do you guys expect that this prank will be? :)
Until next time, my friends.

xoxo,
Chrissie