‹ Prequel: You're My Backbone
Status: Active!

Forget It All

Funny How I'm Nervous Still

"Party?" I muttered before taking a bite of my salad. I eyed Jack curiously from across the table.

Jack smiled. "Oh yeah. Tonight. There's this club that all the band's are going to. It'll be intense."

I rolled my eyes, taking yet another bit. I chewed for several moments, thinking it over. "That's stupid. Half the guys in these bands aren't of age just yet."

Jack shrugged. "That won't stop anyone."

I sighed and thought for a moment, then shrugged. "Well I guess everyone looks old enough anyway."

"You look old enough. You'll be able to score some."

I pursed my lips and dropped my plastic fork into the clear, plastic container that once contained my dinner. "I guess I'll go."

Jack pumped his arm in the air and cheered. He then left the room in order to get ready for a night of partying. Soon after, Harper got on the bus. I turned to her, curiously. "Are you going to this-"

She cut me off before I could finish. "Of course I am! It'll be so much fun."

I sucked in a breath. "I have to find something to wear."

Harper took hold of my hand and pulled me outside of the bus. She guided me towards the compartments on the bottom of the bus that held our clothes. She then pulled out mine and her bag. I immediately opened mine, looking through the possible items I could wear.

Just as I was about to muttered something about having no clothes, Harper stopped what she was doing and pointed towards something in my bag.

"That."

I made a face, picking up the black dress with dark, violet flowers. "Don't you think it's a little to fancy? I only packed it because you told me too...."

"No! This is the perfect occasion for it," She grinned at me. "It is a club anyway. Every girl wears a dress!"

A light sigh escaped my lips and I shrugged, realizing I wasn't going to win in this. "Sure. But I don't have any shoes."

"Here," Harper dug through her bag and pulled out a pair of black high heels.

I gaped at them. "First off," I cocked an eyebrow at her. "How exactly big is that bag? And second of all, those are fucking high."

"I know! You'll look great in them."

"I don't think I can walk in them."

"Oh yes you can. Remember I made you wear heels just like these when we went to that frat party back in February."

"Except these are a lot higher."

Harper rolled her eyes and shoved the heels into my hands. "You can wear them. Stop worrying," She then turned her attention back to her bag. "I'll wear this." She stared at this dress, her eyes gleaming.

Harper's dress was both tight, strapless and short. It was a dark sea blue which somehow would manage to compliment her silver hair. She bit her lip. "What should I do about make up? Hmmm," She pondered for a minute. "I got it! Okay, how about just plain black eye shadow- very light though. I'm not raccoon eyeing it. And you know that dark pink lipstick I have? I think I'll use that."

"You'll look amazing Harper. As always."

She looked over at me, the hugged me from the side. "I'm hoping to impress Matt."

"It if doesn't work than he's an idiot."

She sighed heavily. "Well I think we've already somewhat established that one, but whatever. I think this will work."

The guys had off tonight. Fortunate for us, we were at our destination early, giving us a day off. It was pretty boring though. All Time Low stayed behind doing interviews and press while the other bands were out and about.

It was going on eight thirty and Harper and I were just about done getting ready. To be honest, I felt like a hooker. It would obviously appear to other girls that I was just trying to get some when in reality, I wanted to be left alone.

I was not drinking tonight. As far as I know, John is still unaware that I drink and especially Garrett. There was no way I was going to be the girl All Time Low had met earlier this year- I wasn't going to get drunk and make out with random guys. I didn't even like doing that in the first place- I just wanted something to feel for once.

But no, not tonight. I was going to behave. I would dance with Harper, Kenny, Pat, Jared and Halvo. I would make jokes with John. I would help Jack when he would start throwing up outside because as always, he drank too much. I wouldn't let Alex buy me a drink. I wouldn't let Harper get upset because of Matt.

And I certainly wouldn't drink.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Damn, this place is huge." I muttered, walking through the doors of the nightclub.

Harper quickly grabbed my hand, giggling and guiding me to the bar through the crowd. As we knocked into several strangers, they groaned and called us names, but Harper was completely oblivious to this. She just wanted a drink.

She ran up to the bar, practically crashing into it. She let out a laugh and leaned over the counter, showing off her cleavage to the bartender. "Two Apple-tinies please."

Not only did I roll my eyes at Harper's drink choice, but I also did so because I previously told her I wouldn't be drinking tonight.

"Harper, no, I don't want one."

She turned around, sighing loudly and slumping her shoulders over. "Please June. Come on. There are so many guys here that would hook up with you. But nothings going to happen if you're not the slightest bit tipsy." She giggled as if she was already drunk.

"I'm not looking to hook up with anyone. My brother is here..... somewhere." I glanced around, searching the crowd and dance floor.

The bartender delivered us our drinks without asking us how old we were. I didn't expect him to though; not after the amount of skin Harper showed him.

I sighed heavily, looking at the glass in front of me.

Harper took a swig. "Come on. Who knows? Maybe you'll end up hooking up with Garrett! I'm sure you'd love that."

I glared at Harper grimly. "You know what Harper?" I stood up. "Go fuck yourself. I'm not helping you at all tonight."

I pushed myself away from the table and ignored my friend's protests. I simply rolled my eyes and maneuvered through the crowd, searching for familiar faces.

My hand was caught, causing me to spin around on my heel. I found myself face to face with Alex, giving me a grin.

"I owe you that drink." He winked.

I groaned loudly. "Not tonight."

I pulled away my hand from him and stormed off. At this point I just wanted to find The Maine and Halvo. They were my friends and I didn't need to be drunk to have fun with them. They were home and I really needed that right now. I desperately wanted my brother; just so I could be near him and feel safe again. I knew the minute I find him I would no longer be stressed or angry.

It took me forever, but I finally did.

And, of course, he was wasted.

"Junebug!!!" He sang, coming over to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He planted a sloppy kiss on my forehead and swung me back and forth to the music. "This place is great isn't it?"

I squirmed away. "Yeah."

I huffed and walked away from him. I found a table and sat alone, sulking. I didn't want to be that bitchy party-ruiner, but god, I didn't want to drink- is that too much to ask? I'm not even at the age anyway! I'm doing the right thing.

"Having fun?"

Nick Santino sat across from me, smiling lightly. He wore tight, brown jeans and a loose fitted white v-neck with dog tags hanging around his neck.

I shrugged. "Oh yeah."

He gave me a look of sympathy. "Not too fun for those who want to remain sober, is it?"

I let out a long, over due breath and decided to fuck it all. I was so tired of the bullshit I put up with tonight.

"It sucks major ass."

Nick gave me an amused look, sitting up straighter. "I never pegged you for much of a....uh.."

"Foul mouthed?" I guess, a small smirk making it's way onto my lips.

"Yes, that's the word. Foul mouthed."

I shrugged. "You don't know me much anyway."

"Well..... I do know a couple things."

I laughed dryly and looked around. "Everyone seems to know things about me."

"You're a hot topic." He chuckled.

"I'm sure you know how I feel. Ever hear crazy stuff about yourself that you didn't even know?"

He bit his lip, holding back a smile. "A couple weird things. I once heard I had an extra toe on my left foot," He scrunched his nose and shook his head. "I can assure you that is not true."

"Hey don't feel bad if it's true. We all have our quirks." I shrugged and laughed.

"I don't have a sixth toe! I promise!"

I placed my hands out in front of me. "Fine! Don't own up to it. Whatever." I joked.

"You are cruel!"

Just as he said it, my eyes wandered to the bar where I heard a familiar voice. I turned around just in time to find a girl in a skin tight, black mini dress spill a drink on Garrett's legged. "Whoa!" He exclaimed jumping back slightly.

"I am so sorry," The girl smiled deviously. "Let me clean this up."

The bartender handed the girl a towel and she slowly started patting it on the spot her drink was spilt on Garrett's leg. They began to make small conversation and the next second they were laughing. Garrett was laughing. He was smiling.

I bit my lip and forced myself to rip my eyes away. I wanted to say something, express my negative view on the whole situation, but I hardly knew Nick and truth be told, I wanted to forget about it all together.

When I looked back Nick was staring at me and I knew he must've caught what just happened. He swallowed hard; his adams apple bobbing, then sucking in a breath.

"He was really lucky to have you."

I nodded my head sheepishly. What was I suppose to say to that anyway?

I suddenly had the urge to drink, but I knew that couldn't happen. It wasn't that I didn't trust myself, it was that I didn't trust the people around me.

"I could help you forget about him."

I glanced back at Nick now, a blank expression across my face. I couldn't read his face, yet I knew exactly what he meant. I stood up from my seat, pulling my dress down a little and once again, nodded my head.

I followed him into a dark hallway that I assumed led to the restrooms. I leaned back against the wall and Nick's hand cupped my face gently. It was weird being this close to a guy. I mean, the guys I made out with at random parties I hardly remembered- I was drunk.

This was the first guy I had been this close to, sober, since Garrett.

Nick's soft lips gently brushed up against mine and I melted into him. I reached up, settling my hands on his shoulders, not daring to move anywhere else. It felt weird, but it was helping.

He deepened the kiss and I shut my eyes tightly. Despite this, Garrett's and that girl's image popped into my memory.

Nick and I finally came up for air. He smiled sweetly at me and I did so back.

"They were right." Nick let out a breath and laughed.

My brow furrowed. "What? Who were right?"

He stopped himself, his eyes widening. He then leaned onto the wall next to me. "Uh, well I was told by some guys that you're willing to....." He trailed off.

"Hook up with people." I finished the sentence, my voice lowering in the process.

"To forget about Garrett." He closed his eyes, a light smile on his lips.

My eyes widened and I turned to him. "What the fuck?! I spat out, suddenly furious. "Who the hell said that?"

Nick's eyes flashed open and he leaned back. "I-I don't know. Just some guys. You know, from bands. That you made out with....."

I leaned my head against the wall. "That's not the reason at all." I huffed.

Nick scoffed and then laughed. "Oh yeah? Then what is?"

I folded my arms over my chest and looked straight. "I just want to have fun."

He pushed himself off the wall and went to the one across from me. He leaned against it and rolled his eyes. "Please June. You and I both know you're not the kind of girl who's interested in fun."

"You don't know me."

"Well apparently I know you well enough for you to let me make out with you."

I threw my arms down, enraged. "What is your problem? It's not like I'm going to have sex with you or anything. It was just kissing. Is that all you were really interested in?"

Nick grinned and stood up straight. He shrugged once more. "Maybe. Maybe not."

And with that, he walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dress!
Not too thrilled with this chapter, but I hope you all liked it! :)
Thank you for commenting!