‹ Prequel: You're My Backbone
Status: Active!

Forget It All

I Am Taking You With Me

His soft, familiar, warm lips gently pressed against my bare shoulder. Just a single touch made my body radiate and tingle intensely. A light moan escaped from somewhere inside of me. My eyes fluttered open and I glanced to my side to find his face lying peacefully on the pillow next to me.

I had always been a self conscience girl, but something about being fully exposed in front of Garrett made me feel wonderful. I felt truly beautiful. He made me feel that way. This confident wall that I had put up this past year had shattered, though. I let Garrett take care of me just like he used to. He was gentle and careful. And although it hurt like a bitch at first, it was wonderful in the end.

"It's only four in the morning." He whispered.

I bit my lip softly, peering at him through grateful and wondrous eyes. "I'm not tired."

"Neither am I."

I laid flat on my back as Garrett hovered over me graciously. He looked me up and down and then pressed his warm skin on mine. His kisses trailed down my stomach until reaching my inner thigh. He kissed in and out, causing my heart rate to pound vigorously and pulse to exceed it's normal limit.

"Fuck, Gare,"" I breathed out as he continued to tease me.

He chuckled lightly and finally gave in. I wanted to scream, I wanted to shriek. Everything was so spectacular and radiant. I gripped the sheets and balled my hands into fists. "Oh my god!" I let out, breathing heavily.

He stopped and kissed me back up to my neck, which he proceeded to suck on. I reached down and pleased him as he wanted. "Oh god, June." He mumbled into my neck.

When he was finished I pushed him onto his back and sat upon him, pressing my lips to his as hard as I could. We then did what we had done multiple times since Garrett had arrived earlier tonight. Garrett silenced my screams of joys with kisses and I kissed him back passionately.

And then it slipped.

"I love you!"

He fell next to me, staring up at the ceiling panting. I watched as his chest heaved up and down over and over again. He bit his lip, but then released it. He blinked several times, but his eyes didn't meet mine.

I sat up straight, the blanket covering me falling to my side. I stood up out of the bed, naked, and walked to the bathroom. He didn't look at me once.

Turning on the shower, I felt tears start to form. How could I be so stupid? I changed my ways to avoid shit like this. He didn't love me; he never had. I stepped into the shower and the tears silently streamed down my face. I prayed that he would come and join me, but I figured that was just a thing in movies or books.

Funny how a matter of words can change everything.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A knock on the hotel room's door is what woke me from my sleep. I jumped up, startled, and looked around. No one was in the room with me anymore. I was still naked though. Figures.

I wrapped the sheets around my exposed body and rushed to the door. I opened it without looking in the peephole. Outside, stood Kennedy.

"Hey," I said, my voice hoarse.

"Morning. Sorry if I woke you up."

"Oh no," I shook my head, "I would have slept all day if you didn't."

Kennedy's eyes then looked me up and down. "You sleep in the nude?" My face heated up and Kennedy chuckled. "Damn, I haven't seen you do that in a long time."

He was talking about the blushing. I rolled my eyes, "Oh shut up."

"Ha, well, have you seen Garrett? No one can find him."

"Oh," My stomach flipped nervously. "No. I haven't seen him since yesterday."

Kenny ran a hand through his hair. He looked to his left for a second and his eyes lit up. "Joel!" He called. "Have you seen Garrett?"

Joel, who must have been some ways down the hallway hadn't heard him and of course, walked to us. When Joel got to us he laughed lightly at my appearance. "Wild night?"

Kennedy snorted. "June? That is out of the question for her."

I shrugged innocently. He would know.

"Have you seen Garrett?" Kenny asked Joel once again.

Joel nodded his head. "Yeah, I saw him talking to Gaskarth in the lobby earlier."

Alex? Why would Garrett be talking to Alex?

Kennedy groaned. "I have to get a hold of him. He won't answer his phone. Something must be up. He doesn't get like this often."

"Did anything out of the ordinary happen last night?" Joel asked, leaning against the door frame. His body was awfully close to mine.

Kenny laughed lightly. "Aside from Alex professing his love for-wait! That might be it. Maybe he's upset about it." He turned to me.

"Oh yes, didn't Garrett and you go out?" Joel asked me.

"Yeah," I replied dryly. "I doubt that has anything to do with it, though."

Kenny scoffed. "Oh please. It probably has everything to do with it. I have to look for him some more. See you guys later."

Kennedy took off, leaving Joel and I alone. Once again, Joel's eyes traveled me up and down. I groaned and rolled my eyes, "I assumed you had a little more class than that."

I began to close the door, when Joel grabbed it and smirked. "I do. I just don't think you do."

I unhinged the door slightly, "Excuse me?"

"You can tell me- one night stand? Am I right?"

"No! You're completely wrong."

"Fine. It was someone on this tour, wasn't it? Probably Gaskarth."

"No! Oh my god no!"

"Fine! Keep your dirty little secret. I'm sure we'll all know eventually."

"Why are you being such a dick?" I laughed lightly.

He shrugged and raised his hands. "I don't know. Isn't it sort of a natural instinct for a guy to act like a jerk in front of pretty girls? Plus, all of you gals go for the bad boy thing."

I laughed lightly. "Well thank you.... I guess. And no, I, personally, do not go for bad boys."

"Then what do you go for?"

I shrugged lightly. "Sweet, nice boys."

"Well then I'm in luck, aren't I?"

I sucked in a deep breath and began to close the door. "I'm sorry Joel, but-"

"Come to dinner with me sometime. That's all I ask."

I bit my lip and shook my head. "There's kind of someone else....sorta."

"Sorta in my mind is someone who is not worth it. One date? Please?"

I rolled my eyes. "I can't."

"You don't even know what day!"

"I shouldn't be focusing on relationships right now. I'm a student."

"But it's summer!"

I let out a heavy breath, smirking at the blonde haired boy. "I'll see you later, Joel."

"Think about it- that's all I ask!"

I chuckled lightly. "Okay, I will."

I closed the door and shook my head. "Oh boy." I muttered and walked over to my suitcase. I quickly pulled on a pair of jeans and the purple sweater that I wore last night. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and slapped on a lame excuse of mascara. My eyes fell on the bed next to the bathroom.

I still couldn't believe everything that had happened. It was so wonderfully perfect; like a dream. And I wished I could relive every moment of it all over again. The sheets were messed up and pillows all over the place. God, it was fabulous. I wanted him so badly all over again.

But apparently, he didn't want me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"How was your night?" I asked Harper, taking a sip of my coffee.

She glowed and bit back her smile. A exasperated and glorious sigh fell from her lips. "Spectacular."

I smiled lightly. "Glad to hear."

We sat in the hotel lobby drinking our coffee and discussing how great Harper's night was. We didn't have to do anything today. The gig today was at the same place as last night and pretty much all the merch was where we left it yesterday.

"I'm in love again." She grinned.

"I'm happy for you, Harper."

She went on some tangent about everything Matt did for her last night, but something behind her caught my attention. Garrett walked into the hotel lobby wearing his sunglasses and strutted towards the elevator.

"Hold that thought. I'll be right back!" I set my coffee down and nearly sprinted across the lobby, almost crashing into Garrett.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I hissed.

He took off his glasses and arched his brow. "What are you talking about?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You god damn know what I'm talking about."

He sighed heavily and the elevator door opened. "Come on- let's talk."

Fuck. What the fuck does that mean?

I got into the elevator with him and luckily, nobody joined us. "Kennedy and the guys have been looking for you all morning. And last night you just randomly stop," My cheeks flushed, "and I wake up in the morning and you're gone."

"You're freaking everyone out."

"I went for a walk." He muttered.

I glanced at the buttons on the elevator and the back up at the floor. We were nearing our floor. Impulsively, I pressed the brake button and turned to Garrett. "You're going to tell me what's going on and you're going to tell me n-"

He cut me off, pushing me against the wall and crashing his lips onto mine. He grabbed my behind and hoisted me up onto the railing and set me on it. Instinctively, I wrapped my legs around his waist and brought him closer to me. We kissed and kissed and his hands were now on my breasts, and then they moved down and trailed up my sweatshirt.

I quickly grabbed them and pushed him away.

"No."

He took a step back and I watched as his adam's apple bobbed. "Look, June-"

I cut him off. "No. We're not doing this even if I want to. I'm not going to be some fuck buddy for you, okay? You horny son of a bitch. Don't take advantage of my love for you." I folded my arms across my chest after pressing the brake button again.

As the elevator picked up and started moving again, Garrett turned to me. "I'm sorry."

My eyes stung and I did everything I could not to look at him. "And people think I've changed."

"Please, June don't think of me as-"

I turned, "As what? As a guy trying to get laid because he never did in high school? I don't know why I'm falling for this again. I don't know why I'm such an idiot. You didn't love me then, so why would you love me now? And I thought Alex was the man-whore. I might as well go out with him, and I probably would have said yes if I wasn't thinking about you. At least he cares about me."

"You know I-"

The elevator doors opened and my brother along with Jared stood there.

"There you are!" John exclaimed. The two of them walked into the elevator as I walked out. "Hey, June, where are you going?"

Unintentionally, I gave him a sour look and continued walking.

"What?" I heard him say as the doors closed.

As I rushed down the hallway to my room, I came across Joel and Halvo in the hallway talking. Both of them had bags in their hands, but I walked in between both of them and turned to Joel.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay?" Joel made a face.

"I'll go on a date with you. Whenever you want."

He looked surprised. "Really?"

I nodded my head eagerly. "Yes. Really."

"Oh! Okay then. Great!"

And before I could really collect my thoughts, I walked away ignoring Halvo and marched to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The beginning of this chapter is super awkward, BUT IT'S ACTUALLY THERE.
Wowzas. I can't even believe I wrote that.
Uh...yeah... hey how's it going?

ajfahsfsaajhdafjkhadf
DRAMA
It has begun.
Yay.

:)
Thanks for the comments!