Status: updates at least every friday!

Keep Your Heart Wide Open.

playing with fire.

By now there were absolutely no more tears to cry. Gianna was leaning with her back against her bunk and her arms wrapped tightly around her knees.

Her face was red, swollen, and stained with the traces of the make-up that she had applied earlier that day. She stayed glued to the floor as she heard the door to the bus swing open.

As she heard a familiar whistle she knew that John has opened the door and was surely about to walk into the room. She continued to stare into space when he walked into the back where she was sitting.

His whistling had ceased and he was now staring down at the girl in front of him. “Gi? What’s up?” All she did was exhale a large sigh, causing the hair that had fallen into her eyes to momentarily rise up.

John looked around the bunk area and narrowed his eyes before crouching down to her level. “Why are you all packed up?”

She stared at him silently, the words she wanted to say trapped in her throat. She ran a hand through her hair, wiped her forehead with the back of her hand and looked straight into John’s eyes. “Why don’t you ask Joel?”

As soon as the words left her lips she had pushed herself up from off the floor and was walking to the front area of the bus, leaving a shocked and confused John behind her, jaw dropped.

She reached for a glass before walking to the sink and filling it halfway with water. She took a sip as she heard John walk into the room. He cornered her, not giving her an exit. “Wait. What does this have to do with Joel?”

Gianna took one last sip of water before placing the glass on the counter and looking at John. “Well, let’s just say that he told me how he really felt.” Gianna then pushed John away, walking to the other side of the room. John followed right behind her, not giving up.

“Isn’t that a good thing? You two are basically perfect for each other…”

Gianna let out a sarcastic chuckle and spun around to John. “Yeah, not based on what he said today.”

John moved closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. “Gianna. What did he say to you?” She stared at him trying to keep her composure.

“He told me to leave. And that everyone would be better without me here.”

She closed her eyes and bit her lip, focusing the pain elsewhere. John gripped her shoulder, forcing her to open her eyes and come back to reality.

“Gianna, that isn’t true.”

She wiped her eye and shrugged her shoulders. “It sure sounded like he meant it.” And once again, she walked away from John.

But this time, he didn’t follow her. He let her take a seat on the other side of the room as he just sat there in silence. After a few minutes of nothing, he decided to speak up. His voice was barely above a whisper. “But you can’t leave.”

This tore at Gianna’s heart. She knew she was being selfish by leaving and she knew she was hurting John in the process. But she also knew that she couldn’t stay there and no matter how over-dramatic she sounded, she was not ready to face Joel.

She moved closer to John, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight hug. She slowly pulled away and looked at the boy in front of her. She could see the pain in his face. “But I have to.”

He shook his head. He wouldn’t believe it and he was nowhere near giving in. He reached and shook the small girl by her shoulders. “No. You don’t. Seriously, I’ll go talk to him. I’ll-I’ll hit him. I’ll stop talking to him. Gianna, whatever it takes to get you to stay, I’ll do it.”

Gianna laughed and shook her head. “John, you can’t do that. I’m a big girl and I can’t have you fighting my wars for me. And I don’t want you losing a friend because of me.”

John listened to her words quietly and looked down at the floor, nodding. “Yeah, but I’m losing you.”

Gianna swallowed the lump in her throat and shook her head. “No you’re not. I’m just a phone call away.” He nodded and gave her a hug, resting his head on hers.

He knew that she was going to win this so he might as well support her. He smiled and wrapped his arm loosely around her shoulder, bringing her towards the back of the bus.

John stopped and turned to face Gianna. “Alright, so what can I help you with?” Gianna reached for her bag and checked to make sure she had everything before turning back to him.

“I’m all packed. I just need you to give me a ride to the airport tomorrow morning.” John bit his lip and nodded. She was leaving sooner than he thought. “Wow. Tomorrow morning? You’ve put a lot of thought into this then.”

Gianna nodded and lightly punched him on the shoulder. “Yeah. I did. It’s better this way. Really.”

John stuffed his hands into his pockets and sighed. “Taylor’s really going to miss you.” It took a moment for John’s words to sink in and Gianna lightly hit him. “What? Taylor’s joining the tour?”

John smirked and nodded, a slight blush creeping onto his cheeks. “Yeah. I asked her last night and she said yes.”

Gianna gave John a hug and smiled. “I’m happy for you.” John nodded. “Thanks. But I still wish you were staying.” The small girl nodded and laid down in her bunk for what she believed to be the last time.

“I know. But I’ll be in touch. I promise.”

She patted the space in the bunk beside her and John joined her. They lay there silently, just enjoying the time together before she would leave.

Somewhere along the silence, Gianna drifted off into sleep, where everything was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI GUYS!

I know I've been gone for SO long, and I completely apologize.
To make it up to you, here's an awesome picture of Joel.

And don't worry! I've finally gotten everything that was going on in my life settled and I'm looking forward to updating more frequently!

That being said, what do you think is going to happen next? Will Gianna come back? And if so, what will happen when she does?

I love you guys so much and I apologize once again for making you wait so long for this.

Enjoy!

Much love<3