Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

A Kiss and A Challenge

His grip on my arm slackened and I pulled away quickly. my eyes flashed to Harry as I briskly walked into Draco’s arms and out of the Great Hall. he set me down on the stairs and I wiped away the tears on my cheek.

“I shouldn’t of danced with him,” I whispered into the cool castle air.

“he should of thought before he acted,” Draco sneered. “its not your fault he’s hopeless”

“he’s not hopeless!” I shouted, standing up on the stairs. “he’s one of my best friends Draco! And I hurt him!” I turned to walk away but the cool touch of his hand around mine stopped me.

“Emily” he said and I turned slowly to face him. “what happened between you two?” it was the question. The question that should never be answered but I wanted someone to share with desperately.

I looked into his cool blue eyes and bit my lip, “I don’t know… if I can say”

He smiled kindly, “you don’t have to, I was just wondering. Its not really my place to-“ before he could finish his sentence I kissed him. just a quick peck on the lips before pulling back and smiling slightly.

“don’t read into that” I said slowly as I walked down the stairs and past him. “because nothing will ever come of it”

He smirked and started walking towards me, “I know, but admit it. you couldn’t resist at least a kiss, could you?”

I rolled my eyes and bowed, “how could I resist a kiss with my king?” we laughed as we reentered the great hall.

The second challenge was approaching. Harry still had no clue what the egg was suppose to mean. But it also felt like he wasn’t trying. Every time I saw him he was smiling, talking lightly with friends.

“you are trying to understand the clue, aren’t you?” I asked him one day. we were standing alone on the bridge. The wind was cool against my skin and left goose bumps on my arms. I was standing in a grey t-shirt and blue jeans because it was my day off. Aka, I skipped classes.

“are you cold?” he asked taking off his cloak and moving to place it on my shoulder. I blocked him and glared slightly.

“I’ll live being out in the cold for a few minutes” I said grabbing his hand, “you wont if you don’t figure out the clue in time for the challenge”

“im trying Em” he complained turning and leaning against the handrail. “do you understand what a piercing wail means? Cause I cant figure it out.”

I sighed, “have you asked Hermione?” I asked leaning next to him on the bridge. He nodded and turned his gaze towards Hagrid’s house. I knew he was thinking about how he learned about the dragons, how Ron and Hagrid helped him. he needed that now.

Someone was coming towards us. I could hear his gentle foot steps on the stone below him. I looked up to see a champion walking towards us. Cedric to be exact.

“hello Emily” he greeted me with a charming smile. “it’s a shame you couldn’t come with me to the ball. You looked lovely in that dress.” I felt Harry tense up behind me but ignored it.

“Sorry” I shrugged sheepishly, “but Cho looked cute in that silver number, you are nice together”

“so everyone tells me” he smiled, “still I wish it would have been you on my arm.”
I sighed, “Ced…” I trailed off. “you’re like a brother to me”

“ugh, those words! Always so quick to fly from your lips” he laughed, faking hurt. “well little sister, I actually need to speak to Harry, give us a minuet?” I smiled and nodded.

“I’ll be in the school if you need me Harry” I said but he didn’t look at me. he just continued to gaze off into the distant hills. I bit my lip as I walked away.