‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Nicholas Flamel

The months once again started to fly by as the students came back and classes resumed. The snow had melted and the green grass was now starting to come into being. None of the three whom had seen the effects of the mirror talked about that night. To them it was just something that happened and would not happen again. After all, it did not do well to dwell in the past. One had to keep moving no matter the burden if they ever wanted to gain more distance.
The group was sitting in the library on this particular day. They were studying for class while Hermione disappeared down in the library. When she came back she had a huge book in her hands that she dropped on the table. This caused all of them to stop and listen in. "I checked out this book weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione said flipping through the book. "This is light?" Ron asked looking at the book. Hermione just gave him a look before going back to the page she was on. Lilah, Bree, and Trinity who were sitting on the same side of the table as Hermione all looked over to see what she was looking for.
"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the soceror stone." Hermione said. "Wait are you guys talking about Nicholas Flamel?" Trinity asked looking at the others. Bree nodded. "We had no idea who he was." Bree stated. "No idea, he used to come over to the house all the time to see grandfather. You don't know him by Nicholas Flamel because he was introduced to us as Nic and we never bothered to find out any more than that." Trinity explained before looking back at Hermione so she would continue. "The what?" Ron and Harry asked in unison.
"Honestly don't you two read?" Hermione asked. "The soceror's stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can turn metal into pure gold and produces the elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal." Lilah spouted not even looking at the book. The golden trio gaped at her while Trinity and Bree snickered. "What, I'm not a 100% raving lunatic if that is what you three were thinking." She said haughtily looking at them. "And stop cackling.” She yelled at Trinity and Bree. "Were not cackling were snickering." Bree defended turning back to the others. "Immortal?" Ron asked. "It means you'll never die." Hermione stated quickly. "I know what it means." Ron defended. "Doubt it." Trinity muttered to Lilah who giggled crazily.
"SHHHH." Harry warned looking at the group. "The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday." Hermione read from the book. "That's what Fluffy is guarding on the third floor." Hermione stated. "That's what’s under the trap door, the socerors stone.” Hermione stated looking at the others. "So you know what is there that doesn't mean anything." Trinity said looking at the others. "It means we know what Snape is after." Harry stated looking at Trinity. "For the last time I'm telling you Snape is not after the stone." Trinity hissed at Harry. "Then how did he get bitten?" Harry asked looking at her. "That is it I'm going to sit with Draco and Blaise." Trinity said gathering up her homework. "And when you get actual honest to Merlin proof then and only then will I believe it is Professor Snape." Trinity huffed walking down the isle of the library and plopping down in a seat between Draco and Blaise who smiled at her.
"I don't know what has her in such a mood." Ron said looking at her. "Maybe because you just implied that the guys she looks up to like a father is after the soceror's stone." Lilah whispered at them. "If she thinks of Snape as a father figure she needs help." Harry muttered. "You would think so but we have seen it first-hand since we live with her. Professor Snape is like a whole other person around her." Bree stated. "Yup he goes from a greasy dungeon bat to a loveable teddy bear." Lilah said reading "The Tales of Beetle the Bard". "I highly doubt he become a teddy bear." Hermione said. "Yeah it's more like a furry alligator." Bree said sarcastically. They laughed.
"But honestly Harry, Snape was the one who took us in for a while the night our mother was murdered." Bree said looking at the others. "Yeah and Snape was the one to get Trinity to stop checking on us every five minutes and finally sleep and eat after we went to live with our grandfather." Lilah added. "In all truth, all three of us need to get our heads checked but Snape isn't that bad. You just need to know him and not be hated by him." Lilah said. "But look at the proof." Harry said looking at the two sisters. "I understand Harry; I'm just saying keep your assumptions to yourself when she's around." Bree said. "Wait till tomorrow and then you should apologize to her." Lilah said as they all got up and left the library and headed back to the common room.