‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Lord Voldemort

Lilah was the first one in the common room after detention and was immediately tackled and pulled over to the couch by her sisters. "Are you ok?" Bree asked. "We felt a wave of fear and panic coming flying over the link." "And thought that something bad had happened." "But it mustn’t have because you are here." "And alive." The two said in rapid succession as they stared at their younger sister. "I'm fine we just had and unexpected run in." Lilah said not willing to tell everything when they were out in the open like they were. Trinity caught her looking around just as Harry and the others came in. "Everyone has gone to bed for the night so it is safe to talk." Trinity stated loud enough for them all to here before making room for the others by sitting in a nearby chair. "Now spill." Bree said looking at all of them.
Harry and Lilah then proceeded to tell them all the story and what had happened. "You mean you-know-who is out there right now in the forest?" Hermione asked once the two were finished. Harry nodded. "But he's weak; he's living off the unicorns. Don't you see we had it wrong." Harry stated. He looked at where Trinity had been knowing that what he was going to say would only dig him into a deeper hole, but then continued when he saw that the eldest had disappeared for the time being. "Snape doesn't want the stone for himself. He wants the stone for Voldemort, with the elixir of life Voldemort will be strong again, He'll come back." Harry finished just as Trinity reentered the room and sat down again not caring that she had missed part of the conversation.
"But if he comes back you don't think he'll try to kill you do you?" Ron asked. "I think if he had had the chance, he might have killed me tonight." Harry answered honestly. All of them unaware of how Trinity had frozen in her spot staring into the fire. "And to think, I’ve been worrying about my potions final." Ron said softly. "Hold on a second we are forgetting one thing. Who is the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Hermione asked. "Dumbledore, as long as Dumbledore's around Harry your safe. As long as Dumbledore is around you can't be touched." Hermione stated matter-of-factly looking at him. After that Harry, Ron and Hermione decided to go to bed leaving the Dumbledore sisters alone in the common room.
"Trinity?" Lilah asked looking at her sister who still hadn't moved. Said girl jumped to her feet and started to pace in front of the fire place deep in thought. “This is bad, really, really bad." Trinity said not pausing for a minute. "Well there's nothing we can do but hope that Voldemort doesn't get the stone." Bree said looking at her. "That's not the half of it." Trinity said stopping to look at them. "He never actually feared grandfather, if he did him and mum never would have been together and we never would have been created." Trinity said looking down at them. "Then were all susceptible to attack." Lilah whispered. "Over my dead body." Trinity mumbled turning back to the fire. "What?" Bree and Lilah asked in unison. "I said don't worry about it." Trinity lied smoothly.
The two didn't look convinced but they nodded anyway. The group then lapsed into an uncomfortable silence. "I want a pet man-eating unicorn." Lilah said suddenly breaking the silence. "No you cannot have a man-eating unicorn." Trinity stated firmly. "B-but, it'd only eat men and I promise I would take care of it." Lilah said giving her best puppy dog face. "First off, you know that never works on Trinity and second since when do Unicorns eat men?" Bree asked looking at them two of them. "Only the ones that turn into a Pegasus when they turn eight do." Lilah said smiling. "Ok I will say this slowly, unicorns do not eat men and do not turn into pegasi. Also if you do somehow for whatever reason end up with a unicorn I am going to ship it off to Ron's brother, Charlie, in Romania." Trinity stated.
"B-but it's my unicorn." She said pouting. "Well now it's Charlie's." Trinity said staring at her sister. "Okay before this goes any farther and we lose anymore sleep why don't we go to bed." Bree suggested starting to walk up the stairs. "Will you read me a story if I go to bed now and stop asking about getting a unicorn?" Lilah asked looking at her sister. "Yes I will now come on, we have classes in the morning." Trinity said walking up stairs with her sisters. Lilah bouncing up and down excitedly the whole way.