‹ Prequel: The Beginning
Status: Active

The Promise

Quidditch

The next day was the first day of the weekend. It was also the first day of quidditch season, in which Gryffindor was playing against Slytherin. They all put on their usual robes and headed down to the great hall where they all sat together. After all there are somethings that when you go through them you can't help but end up being friends. The group loaded there plates and sat down to eat breakfast.
Harry just kept picking at the food that was on his plate. Not really taking much interest due to his nerve. "Go on mate eat a bit a toast." Ron said looking at Harry. "Ron's right Harry, your gonna need your strength." Hermione said looking at him. The Dumbledore sisters nodded looking at the boy who lived. "You won't be any good to the team if your stomach is growling and telling the other seeker exactly where you are." Trinity joked getting a small laugh from the boy she sat next to. "Don't make us sit Lilah next to you." Bree warned jokingly. "Hey i'm offended." Lilah shouted to the group. All of them laughed, the mood lightening slightly.
"I'm not hungry." He said looking at his friends. Trinity frowned looking at him. "Good luck today Potter." A cold voice said from over their shoulder causing all of them to turn around and look up at Professor Snape. Trinity kept her eyes trained on her goblet knowing she was still in trouble for the troll incident last night. "Then again now that you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you." Snape said snidely. "Even if it is against Slytherin." He added staring at Harry. "Miss Dumbledore." he then stated turning away from Harry. "Yes." the three siblings said in unison. "Trinity, you will see me tonight directly after dinner in my office." Snape declared. "Yes professor." trinity said feeling his eyes on her.
After staring at her for a moment longer he walked off and left the great hall. "Is he gone?" Trinity asked looking at Lilah and Bree. "Yup" said Bree. "The Snape has left the building." Lilah stated. "So what did the little princess do to anger the tower guard?" Bree asked. "What are you three talking about?" Ron asked. "Nothing just ignore them." Trinity said turning away from her sisters and back to Harry, Ron and Hermione. "That explains the blood." Harry said suddenly looking as Snape just left the view of the great hall, limping slightly.
"Blood." Hermione asked looking at Harry questioningly. "Listen, last night I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog, but he got himself bitten that's why he's limping." Harry stated. "But why would anyone, besides Lilah, go near to that dog?" Hermione asked. "The day I was at gringotts Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwart's business very secret." Harry said looking at the Ron, Hermione, and the Dumbledore sisters. "So you're saying." Hermione started. "That's what the dog is guarding, that's what Snape wants." Harry stated. "No offence Harry, I mean you are very good at picking up details but I doubt professor Snape is after whatever this dog is guarding which I am not even going to ask how you met up with the dog in the first place."Trinity said.
Harry was about to say something when the call of an owl stopped him. He looked up just in time to see Hedwig flying into the great hall with a very large package. "A bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione asked when Harry took the package from Hedwig and set it on the table. "But I-I never get mail." Harry said looking at the other five. "Let's open it." Ron said. All of them set to work carefully untying and unwrapping the package. Underneath the brown paper packaging was a sleek brown flying broom. "It's a broomstick." Harry said looking at it. Bree and Ron's eyes lit up. "Not just a broom stick." Bree said looking at it in awe. "That's a nimbus 2000." Ron said excitedly. "but who?" Harry asked but stopped looking up at Mcgonagall who was petting Hedwig.
Soon after the broom arrived the gang had to split up so that Harry could get ready and the others could get to the stands for seats. Trinity sat in between Seamus and Dean in the front row, while the others sat a couple rows back looking on the field in excitement. All of them jumped up and started cheering when the door opened and the Gryffindor team started to fly out on their brooms. "Hello and welcome to Hogwart's first quidditch game of the season." Lee Jordan announced happily. "Today's game is Slytherin vs. Gryffindor." he said making the two houses cheer wildly for their team mates.
They all watched as they got into position and the balls were released. "The bludgers are up, followed by the golden snitch." Lee stated while the others watched the balls get released. "Remember the snitch is worth 150 points, whoever catches it wins the game for their team." Lee said as Madam Hooch threw up the quaffle and the game began. "Angelina scores, ten points to Gryffindor." Lee announced happily. The Gryffindor bleachers erupted into applause and screams at this announcement. "Another ten points to Gryffindor." was called as Angelina Johnson once again scored.
The Gryffindor's watched as Marcus took a bat from a beater and hit a bludger right into Oliver Wood who went down and could not play. The Gryffindor's started to lose hope as the Sltherin's knocked out another one of their players and scored twenty consecutive points. The Dumbledore sisters, Ron, and Hermione, watched as Harry took off after something and barely dodged a bludger to the head. Harry was just about to fly again when his broom started to go crazy. It swung side to side and bucked up and down trying to knock Harry off. Trinity stared at the boy not hearing anything that was being said behind her.
"It's Snape, he's jinxing the broom." Hermione whispered to Ron, Lilah, and Bree. "Jinxing the broom? What do we do?" Ron asked looking at the others. "Leave it to me, Lilah come help." Hermione said quickly leaving the stands with Lilah hurrying after her. Ron, Bree, and Trinity watched in horror as Harry slipped off his broom and held on by only his hands. Lilah and Hermione quickly ran to where Severus was chanting his spell. "Keep a lookout." Hermione said to Lilah as she drew her wand. Sneaking up to his cloak he whispered a spell to light the professors cloak on fire. Lilah and Hermione the quickly fled the stands so they didn't get caught.
"Fire." the wizard next to Snape said jumping up. "Your on fire." Someone told the ebony haired man causing him to jump up and hurry to put it out. Harry's broom suddenly stopped its moving and came to a halt. Harry crawled back onto his broom and quickly chased after the snitch once again. He battled against the Slytherin seeker. They turned and chased the snitch in a straight plummet to the ground. Getting scared the Slytherin seeker pulled up while Harry stayed after it. He pulled up at the last second and standing on his broom he reached out to grab the snitch. All of a sudden the broom tipped forward and he fell rolling across the ground.
Harry sat on the ground and started to gag. All of a sudden he spit out a small golden object and the crowd went nuts seeing that Harry had caught the snitch. Hermione and Lilah jumped up and down in their spot cheering while most of the others did the same. There were resounding boos from the slytherins as the Gryffindors cheered for their victory.