And If The Sun Comes Up

But The Past Ain't Through With You

Sophie’s P.O.V (January 1st 2008 )

Looking back on those two weeks all those years ago always brings tears welling to my eyes like you’d never believe. You see, at the end of that second week, Jake went out to buy some extra food and beer. We’d run out of the beer and were practically out of food. He went out, but he never came back to me. Oh, why did he do that to me; it hurt so badly.

I sat on my couch; my dog curled up beside me. I raised the hot cup of coffee to my lips, inhaled deeply and then I remembered.

I remembered how he told me (not asked) to go up and have a nice bath and he would go and get provisions and join me when he got home. I remember how he came up behind me in the bathroom and wrapped his arms round my waist whilst I was taking my make up off in the mirror. I remember looking in the mirror and finally realising that he would never see his own reflection ever again. I remember turning to face him and stroking his face and I remember that kiss; oh, that kiss felt like I was in heaven; felt like total euphoria.

And that was it; I heard the front door close and he’d gone.

I obviously didn’t know he was staying gone until he didn’t come back that night. I waited for him as he asked. I got out of the bath once I’d turned into a prune; I remember thinking to myself that he shouldn’t see my like that. I remember changing into the sexiest night dress I could find, even though it was black with white skulls all over it. Very sexy.

I remember sitting downstairs on the sofa readying myself for him to come home. I remember looking at the clock on the mantelpiece and twiddling my thumbs. I couldn’t phone him; he’d left his mobile at home. I had no way of trying to contact him.

I thought about going to see Lucas and then thought a lot better of it; what if Jake ever found out I’d been with him. He’d be so upset.

It’s now January 1st 2008. My family and I went to a great New Years Eve Party last night, but it’s never amazing for me. I always wandered whatever happened to the love of my life; what happened to my Jake. The feelings always came flooding back to me every New Year. We should have spent the rest of our lives together, but that’ll never happen now.

I decided to make the most of this new day and take my dog out for a walk. It was freezing cold outside, so I opted to wear jeans, black jumper, my black hoodie and my Doctor Marten’s. I put the harness on my pooch, put my gloves on and out we went.

We walked over to the field by my house and it was totally empty. Great, I love it when it’s like this; no danger from other dogs or people; just me and my pal.

It was blowing up a storm and the noise from the wind was pretty scary. I quickened my pace and pulled the dog closer to me on the lead. I was really feeling spooked now, but there was only about half a mile to go and I didn’t want to let my dog down.

Then, there was complete and utter silence. The wind stopped blowing and the dead leaves that were once swirling like cyclones around me were now still. I didn’t like this.

We were on the home stretch now and I remember just stopping because I heard the crack of a twig behind me. I was too late to turn; a black gloved hand had covered my mouth and an arm wrapped sharply around my waist. I tried to scream, but no sound emanated from my lips. My dog was barking savagely and I wanted her to stop. I couldn’t let her go so I just about managed to wrap the lead a little tighter around my wrist. I struggled, kicked and punched. The man’s face was covered by a black scarf, but I could still see his eyes. He was wearing all black. I wanted to pull that scarf off of him so badly, but there was no chance.

He swung me back around again so that I couldn’t look into his eye’s; what was he trying to hide?

“Shhhh,” he whispered sharply into the back of my neck, “please don’t struggle with me.” His voice sounded strangely familiar.

“W-w-who are y-you and w-what t-t-the hell do you think you’re doing?” My voice eventually stopped shaking.

“You know who I am Soph,” he laughed, “you haven’t forgotten me already have you?”

That’s when it clicked. I always thought Jake had disappeared for good, gone forever, but obviously what I thought was as far from the truth as I could have ever imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Duh, duh, ddduuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is my favourite chapter yet. I know how this story's going to end and it's put me on a roll with my writing.

Hope you love it as much as I do folks.

:-D :-P :-)