And If The Sun Comes Up

Blast From The Past

Sophie’s P.O.V (January 1st 2008; Jake and Sophie are now 28 )

He practically dragged me back to my front door; the dog growling and barking all the way. Thank Christ there were no neighbours snooping around like they normally do. I managed not to make too much of a scene and just did as I was told all the way back.

“Open the door,” he ordered from behind me. I pulled the key out of my pocket and proceeded to unlock the door. He pushed me through the door, the dog following swiftly behind me. The barking had subsided now and was replaced with a low, guttural growl.

“Now lock the door behind us.” He had started to calm down a little; his voice was softer than it was a minute ago.

I did as he said and we walked into the living room. Jake slumped on the sofa in front of the TV and kicked off his battered old converse high tops. I stood by my kitchen door which was a pretty safe distance away. I just stared at him.

“What the hell do you think you’re playing at Jake?” The fear in me had disappeared and had been replaced with anger, “You have no right to barge in to my life and scare the living daylights out of me! What are you doing here?”

“I’ve never stopped loving you since the day I left Sophie; never stopped dreaming of you.” Sincerity was apparent in his voice but I was still dubious as to what his reasons for being here were.

“Why wait so long to come back Jake?”

“Soph, I honestly cannot answer that. All I know is how much I’ve missed you and how much I need you back in my life.”

“Why did you do it this way then Jake?” There was something just not right about all of this, “Why did you have to scare me so much in order to get back in to my life? Why didn’t you do it like any other normal person?”

“Normal?!” he laughed, “We both know I cannot be deemed ‘normal’; we know our past’s Sophie.”

“OK then Jake, why now?”

“I need you and I’ve missed you more than you’ll ever imagine. Is that wrong?”

“No Jake, of course it’s not, but we’ve both moved on. I have a good life now; a life I’ve had to get used to without you.” I replied honestly, “It’s not been easy for me to get over you. It’s taken me a long time to get you out of my system and now you’re back. I don’t know how to feel about this; I don’t know what to think.” I felt myself starting to cry, “You walked out on me remember. You walked out on me without notice. You hurt me so badly you know?”

Jake looked down at his feet; his shoulders were shuddering softly. I knew he was crying. He brought his gaze up to meet mine and let out a stifled sob.

“Do you think I don’t know how much I hurt you?” His voice was breaking, “I love you more than anything in this world. You think it hurt you? Well it hurt me too. I needed to get away from you. I needed to get away from you because I was scared; scared that I was going to bite you.”

His voice was now steady and he sat up straight and looked like he meant business.

“I wanted to feed off of you; I needed your blood!” He blurted out that last sentence.

“Well what’s changed Jake? If you wanted me so much then, then surely you might want it again?”

“Maybe you’re right, but I’ve fed my hunger now; I’ve quenched my thirst for blood.”

“W-w-what do you m-mean Jake?”

“Exactly that; I’ve been on a bit of a bloody rampage and I’ve had my fill now I hope!” How could he be so matter-of-fact about this?

“I assume that means you’ve been killing?” I questioned.

“Comes with the job Soph, sorry.”

I crashed out exhausted next to him on the sofa. I couldn’t look at him, but I also couldn’t ignore him. I wanted to hit him; scream at him for what he’d done to me, but this was my Jake and no matter what he’d done and how he’d lived without me, I just couldn’t stay mad at him. He had one of those faces.

“Well, I assume you’ll want to stay here?” I asked

“If that’s ok?” he replied and looked at me with those puppy dog eyes, “I’ve got nowhere to go, so I would appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome to stay, but I’m warning you; no funny business ok?” I crossed my arms across my chest, “We need to take this a day at a time. I want you so much, but it’s going to take some time.”

“I totally understand and respect you feelings,” he said with a playful smirk, “but it’s going to be great to get to know each other all over again, don’t you think Soph?”

“I suppose it is, but I mean it, one false move and you’re out; do you understand?”

“Eye eye Captain!”

This was going to take some getting used to again, but what I’d wished for for so long was now happening; my Jake had come back to me. I just hope I’ve done the right thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Me liking this a lot folks! Come on, where's those lovely comments that I like?

If only you knew how this was going to end; corr blimey, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it, so comment, comment and comment more and you'll be paid off in HUGE surprises, let me tell you.

Love to all my chickadee's

Lucy

:-P