And If The Sun Comes Up

She Thinks She Still Knows Me

Jake’s P.O.V (January 1st 2008; evening)

I’d just reacquainted myself with Sophie’s new place. It’s one hell of a nice home for a single woman. It’s a warm home; it’s got Sophie’s character etched into every last centimetre of the place; eclectic but cosy. That damn dog’s got it in for me though; I’m going to have to watch what I’m doing around that mutt.

It was strange watching her walking on the field. She looked lonely but she also looked confident in her independence; I never knew you could be both. I watched her hair blowing around in the wind and I smelt her before I even got close. I could smell her blood rushing through her veins. It’s scary how silent you can be when you’re a vampire; she never heard me approaching her until I snapped that damn twig underfoot. I could have taken her there and then; quick and easy.

I scared her and it made me feel good. I still love her, but that killing spree that I’ve been on has just made me even more hungry; hungry enough to not care about love. I know it’s terrible for me to think. Sophie will never understand how madly I need her; it’s not just love anymore, its bloodlust.

She was pottering around in the kitchen; may be making something to eat. I just about hear her stifled sobs. I rise from my seat and pop my head around the kitchen door.

“You ok Soph?” I asked with concern and heard her quiet sniffs.

“Yeah, I suppose Jake,” she replied, “It’s just all a little overwhelming to be honest.”

“I know Hun, but it will get better, I promise.” How could I lie so; I know it’s going to get worse and worse. I slowly walked up to her so as not to startle and held open my arms. She stepped up and walked into the hug. I’ve missed this so much; this closeness. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love Sophie. Yes, that’s right; I still love her even though it’s killing me not to just sink my teeth in to her luscious neck. She lifted her head up from my shoulder and looked at me.

“I love you Jake; I love you so much.”

“I know,” I nodded, “I love you too Hun. Never forget that.”

She’d been making us a sandwich, so she handed me mine and left hers to one side while she went to the fridge and pulled out two bottles of bud.

“It’s a little early for this isn’t it Sophie?” I said as I took the cold beer from her hands.

“Since when has that ever stopped us Jake?” She was right; time had little or no effect on when we used to enjoy a beer when we were younger apart from when we were at school, obviously.

We both paced back in to the living room and sat on the sofa. That mutt was just about bearing me being in the same room thank God, but was still glaring at me from its basket.

We ate our lunch and finished off our beer. Sophie was telling me everything about her life without me; she had been working as a freelance photographer for some of the best rock magazines in the business. She was also back in to her art again which she excelled in at school. She was writing stories and poetry again and playing her guitar. She said that she did these things in one way to try and get over me but in another way to try and remember all the good times that we had shared together. On top of doing this she was keeping herself fit and healthy, which I’d noticed before she’d even made mention of it, and keeping a good home. She really had done so well for herself. I couldn’t quite bring myself round to mention how many people I’d killed for blood while we’d been apart; I didn’t think it would have gone down very well. Sometimes its best not to know isn’t it?

We both slumped back in our seats both exhausted after our eventful evening, so Sophie got up and took our plates and empty bottles in to the kitchen. She walked back through to me and took my hand.

“Come on Jake,” she pulled me up from the sofa, “I think it’s about time I showed you the bedroom.”

“Lead the way Sophie; lead the way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohooooo - if only you could imagine what's going on inside my head right now?

This story will be coming to a close soon and it's one hell of an ending. You may notice more frequent updates from now on as I just want to get it finished now and possibly start something else.

Remember; comments make me VERY HAPPY, so if you're reading this let me know what you think; compliments or not.

Hope you've all had a great Easter break.

Lucy

:D :P