And If The Sun Comes Up

Waking Up With The Vampire

Sophie’s P.O.V (Wednesday 2nd January 2008; morning)

I awoke at 6:30am to Jake’s snoring form beside me. I’d missed being so close to him like we had been last night. I had a smile slapped on my face from ear to ear; God I forgot how amazing we both were in bed. Well it does take two, doesn’t it? I looked at him and thought how he hadn’t aged in the slightest; not that I looked old or anything. I rubbed my eyes and quietly got out of bed so as not to wake him. That’s one thing that hadn’t changed with Jake; the ability to sleep soundly. I on the other hand am awake with the larks. I think I have this in-built alarm or something because I get up most mornings at the same time.

Life’s great for me though, as mean as far as work’s concerned anyway. I’m my own boss and I love the freelance photography work I do. I get to go to all the big gig’s and get VIP passes and access to the backstage areas. I’m very happy with all the photo’s I take whilst watching the gig’s; I always get fantastic live shots, but my favourite kind of photo is when people aren’t looking. I love photographing people when they’re unawares; you really get the feel of a person that way.

I’d got no work on until Friday night, so I was going to enjoy what time I’d got off. I practically skipped downstairs and as ritual, went in to my kitchen and popped the kettle on. I had to have my morning coffee. I pulled my laptop from off of the sideboard and went and plonked myself, taking my coffee with me, on a chair at the kitchen table. I sipped the hot, steaming drink whilst waiting for my laptop to wake up. I decided that I would first check my emails and then pop on to a creative writing website that I was a member of. I’ve always written stories and poetry, but I’ve got back in to it after a bit of a hiatus.

I never noticed how time had fled since I got up. It was now 09:30am so I decided to get a move on and get ready for the rest of the day. I shut down my laptop and put my washing in the sink. I got up and stretched before walking through the living room and scaling the stairs.

I opened my bedroom door and gasped when I saw Jake sitting at my dressing table, his back towards me. He was naked apart from a pair of black boxer shorts. His arms were covered in what looked like bite marks and cuts. I also noticed that he’d built quite a bit of a physique since I’d last seen him; in fact it wasn’t bad at all. That wasn’t what I was concerned about though; he was so very pale. He turned to look at me.

“I don’t know why I sit in front of mirrors; I can’t see a god damn thing!”

“Well, why do you do it then?” I know it seemed on obvious question, but quite honestly, I didn’t know what else to say.

“Maybe it’s just that I hope I’ll get my reflection back one day; you never know.” He replied sadly.

“I tell you what Jake, I’ll be your mirror; I’ll tell you honestly if you look hot or not.” I said with a giggle.

“Oh, I know you will,” he shot back, “There’s no doubt in that.”

“No doubt at all Jake.” I replied.

I just stood and looked at him for a few moments longer before walking up to stand beside him at the dresser. He looked up at me almost hypnotising me in the process. Something strange was happening; I felt like I was being pulled towards him. I tried to stop myself getting close to him but then I just let myself go with it. I wanted to be one with him but I knew what that meant. I kneeled in front of him and he took my face gently in both of his hands. I knew what was coming and I couldn’t for the life of me stop it. He tilted my head to the left and bought his face down so that he was in line with my neck. I was screaming for him to stop but no sound was coming from my mouth. I wanted this, but I didn’t want it all at the same time.

“Nnooooooo,” I heard him scream and it broke my trance.

“Oh God Jake,” I cried, “Was that what I thought it was? You were going to bite me weren’t you?”

“Yeah Soph,” he replied, his voice seemed slightly sharp, “I’m so sorry; I don’t know what came over me. Please forgive me. I promise it won’t happen again.” Something about this last sentence didn’t quite sit true with me.

“You know you can’t promise me that Jake, so please, don’t lie to me.”

“I know, I know,” he confirmed, “but I’ll try my hardest not to let it happen again.”

“Well, for now I’ll trust you, but remember what I said about you staying?” I asked, “Any funny business and you’re out, ok?”

“Ok Soph; I understand.”

He looked at me and smiled; not a happy smile though, it was a knowing smile; a sinister smile. He had plans for me and part of me wanted to delve headfirst into his plan. I wanted to know what it might be like; I wanted to feel the sensuality and sexuality of him ripping out my neck and feeding from me. I was only curious mind you; I didn’t what it really, did I? You know what they always say though; curiosity killed the cat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooohh; this is getting hot even if I do say so myself. Hot, Hot, Hot! This isn't a patch on what you'll feel at the end of this story. You seriously won't see it coming; it'll come up and bite ya on the ass my little chickadee's.

::clap: