And If The Sun Comes Up

Where Do We Go From Here?

Jake’s P.O.V (October 1995)

I’m at a loss as to what to do now. Do I tell Sophie about the conversation I had with Eleanor or do I just carry on as if nothing has happened? I know that if I tell Sophie, she’ll run a mile, but if I don’t, anything could happen while my back is turned. I don’t want her to be scared of me and I’m afraid that might happen if I just come out one day and casually tell her that you know what, Eleanor is thinking about making you one of us Sophie; welcome to the club!

I’ll just let it ride for the time being. I don’t want to cause a scene here, so I’ll wait until we leave the club and I’m sure I’ll find the right moment then.

“Soph, are you ready to go now?”

“Yup, ok then Jake. I suppose it’s getting late and we’ve had a few drinks, so we’ll make our way yeah?”

“Okey dokey then Soph. Come on, let’s get out of here.”

We were about half way from our homes now and I still hadn’t plucked up the courage to tell her what’s been going on. What the hell is wrong with me; she’s my best friend and I need to keep her safe. The only way I can do that is just by telling her.

“Nearly home then Soph?”

“Yeah Jake, why do you ask, you know we’re nearly home?”

“Oh it's nothing, really. I was just thinking that I didn’t really want to go home tonight. I’ve had such a good night and I don’t want it to end. Can I stay at yours tonight?”

“I’m sure it won’t be an issue, but I’ll tell you what, I’ll just phone my Mom in advance to check if it’s ok.”

“Cool, yours it is then sugar!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on folks, some comments from you would be lovely at this point. I want to know what you think; do you like or dislike? Could it be improved or is it just fine the way it is?

Love and hugs and kisses to you all
:D