Glasses Geeks and Chemical Romances

The things I learned from the dead (Mikey's POV)

I felt really upset,my insides filled with sympathy for Christine and her sister. I stood near the door outside of Jovi's room. Walking around like an idiot,but…at least I was there. "Sir,are you related to any of the family members?" "um…sort of…why?" why did I lie? Well technically I was since I was dating Christine and already knew her family a while back. "I'm sorry for you to hear this…but we couldn't get enough of the the bleach from the child's system" "why not?" "it had already burned holes in her intestines and liver,she's in pain but we gave her drugs already…there might be a percentage of the child's survival" "and how big is the percentage of Jovi making it?" I asked… . There was a long silence in the conversation. "Very…little,I'm sorry…excuse me" he left to assist a nurse with another patient and I literally punched the wall,I started to cry…for Jovi and my hand.
"Mikey…" a uneasy voice called from the doorway,there Christine stood with dried up tears on her cheeks. "Are you okay?…what did the doctor say?" "Jovi…" I tried to choke the words out of my mouth,but the tears kept them inside. "I'm so sorry Christine…I really am" "Mikey…tell me now…what's gonna happen to Jovi?…i'm getting a bit scared" "Jovi won't…make it okay,they couldn't get enough bleach out of her system". She stood frozen,tears came back in her eyes. "No…no…no No! No! No! You're lying!" "I'm sorry Christine…just calm down" "Jovi is gonna die! And it's all my fault!" "No it's not! You did the best you can…" "No I didn't,if I had quit it with all the distractions ! God…I'm a horrible sister!". "No…you're an amazing sister,the best Jovi has ever had,you guys tried to be the best for her…instead of her being with a poor family" he squeezed me tightly and I rested my head against his chest.
"I'm okay now…yeah I'm okay" "good…you wanna go talk to her?" "sure" she cracked a smile and wiped the tears of her eyes. Before entering room B17. "Jovi?…you awake?" "yeah…" she frowned. Her lips all dried up and pale like her body,she didn't seem to smile…or be that happy 10 year old she always was. "This is Mikey…he came by to see you" "hi Mikey…" every time she talked, it sounded uneven and dying low. "Christine…what's gonna happen to me? Where is daddy and Olivia?"
"Jovi……you're gonna take a nap soon,and you're gonna become an angel,you're gonna go somewhere and meet grandpa,Aunt Susan,and everyone else we love" "well you be there too?…". Jovi didn't want to separate with Christine,even if someone asked she wouldn't even dare to answer. The only best thing in that little girl had was her beautiful sister. "Yes Jovi…I'll be there with you soon,and we are gonna talk about the fun times we had with mommy and daddy,remember?" Christine began striking Jovi's head,from her hair to her cheek. Tears filled up her eyes and mine too.
Jovi nodded and smiled slightly. "Daddy and Mommy took us to Missouri on your 14th birthday and we went to this place with a bunch of pianos. And I helped you picked out the black one that's in your room,and everyday went you played songs and we listened. Bit that was before mommy left…" "I remember…I taught you for a while until you decided it was too hard" "yeah…I wish I didn't…I wanted to be like you" "I know did Jovi".
Jovi looked away for a minute and faced back at her sister. "Christine…am I gonna meet you too?" "yes…and you can see me everyday" "Christine…" Jovi paused and started crying. "Yeah…Jovi?" "I'm getting tired…" Jovi spoke silently and held Christine's hand."well…" "I'm gonna take that nap now...will you still be here when I wake up?…"Jovi smiled slightly and Christine flinched. "it's okay…let her sleep" I whispered placing my hand on her shoulder. "yeah…we promise,we'll be here".
"Jovi…anything else you wanna say before you take that nap?" she asked holding back her tears. "Yeah……This is the best birthday ever…I'm happy Christine…...thank you" "you're…welcome Jovi"
"Hey…remember how daddy got my name and you wanted to change it?" "yeah…dad loved the musician Bon Jovi, so he wanted to call you Bon Bon when you were born…but I asked if we could call you Jovi…" Christine smiled and so did Jovi. "Christine…thanks…that…was a good name…Jovi…Jovi…" she smiled as her eyelids drooped and fell asleep.

Jovi never did wake up……and we stayed til the sunset began to darken. I knew exactly the time she fell asleep,and so did Christine. 7:48 pm. As we stood there hands embraced,For some reason I felt very happy…knowing Jovi is with all those people she loved. And…I realized…I wasn't that afraid of death like I was before. I didn't know Jovi that well like Christine,but that day I did and she taught me many things without speaking to me. That I will remember until I die.
♠ ♠ ♠
RCM RCM RCM
CATCH YOU LATER
BYE!!