Status: Active

Not Your Every Razorblade Romance...

Chapter Eleven…The Origin Of Love.

When the earth was still flat,
And the clouds made of fire,
And mountains stretched up to the sky,
Sometimes higher,
Folks roamed the earth
Like big rolling kegs.
They had two sets of arms.
They had two sets of legs.
They had two faces peering
Out of one giant head
So they could watch all around them
As they talked; while they read.
And they never knew nothing of love.
It was before the origin of love.

The origin of love

And there were three sexes then,
One that looked like two men
Glued up back to back,
Called the children of the sun.
And similar in shape and girth
Were the children of the earth.
They looked like two girls
Rolled up in one.
And the children of the moon
Were like a fork shoved on a spoon.
They were part sun, part earth
Part daughter, part son.

The origin of love

Now the gods grew quite scared
Of our strength and defiance
And Thor said,
"I'm gonna kill them all
With my hammer,
Like I killed the giants."
And Zeus said, "No,
You better let me
Use my lightening, like scissors,
Like I cut the legs off the whales
And dinosaurs into lizards."
Then he grabbed up some bolts
And he let out a laugh,
Said, "I'll split them right down the middle.
Gonna cut them right up in half."
And then storm clouds gathered above
Into great balls of fire

And then fire shot down
From the sky in bolts
Like shining blades
Of a knife.
And it ripped
Right through the flesh
Of the children of the sun
And the moon
And the earth.
And some Indian god
Sewed the wound up into a hole,
Pulled it round to our belly
To remind us of the price we pay.
And Osiris and the gods of the Nile
Gathered up a big storm
To blow a hurricane,
To scatter us away,
In a flood of wind and rain,
And a sea of tidal waves,
To wash us all away,
And if we don't behave
They'll cut us down again
And we'll be hopping round on one foot
And looking through one eye.

Last time I saw you
We had just split in two.
You were looking at me.
I was looking at you.
You had a way so familiar,
But I could not recognize,
Cause you had blood on your face;
I had blood in my eyes.
But I could swear by your expression
That the pain down in your soul
Was the same as the one down in mine.
That's the pain,
Cuts a straight line
Down through the heart;
We called it love.
So we wrapped our arms around each other,
Trying to shove ourselves back together.
We were making love,
Making love.
It was a cold dark evening,
Such a long time ago,
When by the mighty hand of Jove,
It was the sad story
How we became
Lonely two-legged creatures,
It's the story of
The origin of love.
That's the origin of love.” Hedwig and the Angry Inch/The Origin Of Love.


I laid on my bed, sprawled on my back, my limbs lose and lifeless, my expression vacant as I listened to the soundtrack for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The Origin Of Love was one of my favorite songs. At this time I was laying there, thinking of the lyrics…how they seemed to describe what I was feeling at that moment so well. I remembered what Hedwig said in the movie, about wondering who was her/his other half. I was thinking the same. Was Ville my other half? Was that why I was so love sick? I rolled onto my belly and groaned, my face buried into my pillow.
“Oh Ville…I want to see you…I can’t call you! I can’t…I mean, I could…no! No! shut up! Oh Anne Rice I am a fucking mess…”
I sat up and made a sound like a growl. I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to try and write something-even if it wasn’t any good I needed to get lost inside another world so my thoughts weren’t completely about Ville and when and if I would ever see him again. I had to come to terms with the fact that he chose Joanna over me. I think I could do that…
“No…I couldn’t, but I can’t admit it to myself…I’ll always love him.”
I sighed to myself and tried to tell myself that it wasn’t all bad. I still had my memories of being with him. He gave me something no one had ever given me before.

I spent hours trying to type something up, but I ended up deleting it all. I looked at the clock. It was 8:30. I groaned and turned off my computer forcing myself to get up and get dressed. There was no way I was sleeping tonight and I didn’t want to drink alone, again. I wore a purple tank top and black skinny jeans with a black leather coat and I teased my hair a little bit after applying some makeup.
I called Miracles when I came downstairs and hunted for my leather boots while the phone rang, she picked up after five rings.

“Miriah? Hey wuz up?” I smiled hearing her voice.
“Hey Miracles, I just wanted to see what you were up to tonight? You working?”
“Um, I just got off two hours ago, you want to party?” I could hear the smirk in her voice. She was always up for a good time.
“Yes! You know what I need…When and where do you want to meet?”
“How about that new club that opened up downtown, Da Boots?” I laughed,
“Da Boots? Are you kidding me?”
“Nope, just opened last week.”
I got the address from her and hung up. I wasn’t sure about the club, but hey, I needed to get out and even if it sucked, it might be a laugh.

“Um…I’m sorry.” Said a large man with bleached hair with a condescending tone. “But I can not allow you two…ladies in the club.” Miracles put her hands on her hips and got in the big tan ape’s face.
“And why the hell not?” The ape stepped back and looked slightly alarmed.
“We have a dress code at Da Boots, I’m sorry but both of your outfits are not within our dress code. Ladies must wear a skirt or dress and we never allow anyone wearing jeans in- I’m sorry but there is no exception.”
Me and Miracles looked at each other. We were both in jeans and our boots weren’t shined. However we didn’t look bad and it was insulting that he implied so. We just shook our heads and started to walk away.
“Yeah, well! I didn’t want in your stupid snobby club anyway! Da Boots is a sucky ass name!” Miracles yelled over her shoulder before grabbing my hand and running down the street.
“Wooooo! We screamed and made a mad dash to the nearest bar. Which happened to be a biker bar playing classic 70’s rock. Bingo!
“This place is more our speed, A partner?” Miracles said throwing her arms over my shoulder as we entered the smoky, bouncing bar. There was at least twenty big tattooed guys and two tough looking chicks not including the older waitress. There was a record machine across from the bar and there were two green pool tables in the center of the bar, with most of the patrons crowded around it.
We walked up to the bar and ordered four beers. We at on the stools in front of the tap and looked around the room. It looked as if everyone was in good spirits.
The bartender who was an older, hairy tattooed man gave us our second round on the house. Then he winked at us and we laughed.
I went over to the record machine and choose to put on ‘Paranoid’ by Black Sabbath. I watched the whole bar go nuts, people fist pumped the air and head banged. I got three five highs as I walked back to my stool.
“The bar likes your taste in music, it seems.” Miracles laughed and took a drink of her beer. I nodded as I sat back down and opened my second beer.
“I think I like this place better than Da Boots.” I chuckled, the bartender overhead me and turned around looking serious.
“That fucking fag night club down the street? Fuck them! You ladies are welcome in my bar any night. Could use some pretty young things like yourselves around here to drawn in more people.”

“Thanks,” Miracles raised her beer to him and he went back to work, washing glasses.

Somehow the night ended with me and Miracles standing on one of the pool tables belting out Pat Benatar’s “Love is a Battle Field” and dancing dramatically. The bilkers cheered and clapped and some even threw one dollar bills. I had had a great night out despite my broken heart and it felt so nice to not think about Ville for once.

We parted that night as the sun rose and the bar closed for a few short hours in the early morning. We hugged tightly and promised to hang out again soon. But when I walked into my apartment and went upstairs to lay in bed, Ville was all I thought about until sleep finally took me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. I would really love to hear any thoughts you have about the story.

Should I have Ville officially make a decision? Or should I milk this drama a little longer? I have a few more twists up my shelve, but it depends on if you think Ville and Miriah are ready to be together yet.