Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

Problems

I was playing with Sheenie in the pets section. Now that all of this drama, I could focus more on my pet. I feel bad that I’ve been neglecting him a little bit, but making sure my sister wouldn’t end up dead mattered just a wee bit more. I still can’t believe what Matt had told me. His kiss still lingered on my lips, and I felt bad that I didn’t have the guts to tell him I didn’t feel anything more with him than just friends. Back to high school problems, I guess.

“Parker,” Harper came out of an aisle, and I smiled up at her.

“I’m glad you’re okay,” I said. We haven’t really talked that much since we’ve been here. This apocalypse was affecting us more ways than one. She smiled at what I told her, and sat down next to me, and joined in playing with Sheen.

“Everybody says that I have to talk to you, so I assume it was important,” she said, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I really didn’t want to have to tell her about this. I don’t see why she could possibly get mad, but it was still a possibility.

“Um, yeah,” I sighed, “It’s kind of important,” I said, and brought Sheen in my lap, for comfort.

“You can tell me anything,” she smiled at me, and that reassured me, and it would help in telling her what happened. I started the story and told it exactly like I told it to the guys, and even she ended up crying, and hugging me, and giving threats to him, just like Jimmy and Matt had, “Why didn’t you tell me. Why didn’t you go to the fuckin’ police,” she asked. She wasn’t mad at me, so that was good, “I would have killed him myself,” she seethed.

“I’m sorry,” I looked down.

“Don’t be, you had no control over it, you were only trying to protect us,” she put her arms around me, “I wish I was that brave,” she said into my shoulder.

“You are that brave, come on. Puh-lease,” I started giggling, and so did she.

“I thought we were having a moment, It sounded right to say,” she giggled, “But don’t blame yourself, either. It was all Zan’s fault,” she pointed out.

“Hey do you guys know what’s up with Rev,” Johnny came around a corner as he asked us a question.

“No, why?” I asked, standing up, Harper standing up behind me.

“I hit him with a paintball, and he didn’t even acknowledge it,” he whined, causing Harper and I to laugh.

“Now that you speak of it, he was acting weird to me, too,” Harper admitted, sheepishly.

“He was dandy last time I saw him,” and they both looked at me, and just blinked.

“Where is he?” Harper asked.

“In his bed. Fucker won’t talk,” he said, “Can I play with your dog?” I chuckled as I handed him Sheen, and he started teasing it. Jokes on him, if he keeps that up, he’ll lose a finger or two.

“So which one of us should go talk to Jimmy,” Harper asked me.

“I will, I guess,” I said, I didn’t want to see Jimmy sad, but then again, I didn’t want him to be sad at all, “Yeah, I’ll go,” I said, as I walked towards his room. He was sitting against the wall on his bed, staring blankly at a shelf. Maybe this whole ordeal had gotten to him, “Jimmy,” I asked as I stepped In his room. He snapped out of his daze, as he looked at me.

“Hey,” it wasn’t the Jimmy tone I knew, he said it more bluntly than I could have imagined.

“Is everything okay?” I asked, unsure if I should go sit next to him or not.

“Fucking fine and dandy, how about you,” he asked, and he seemed bitter as he said it.

“What’s wrong,” I crawled onto his bed, and cuddled up against him.

“Might wanna make sure the fuckin’ Incredible Hulk doesn’t see you doing this, he might beat me to a pulp,” he said adopting an extremely sour tone. I quickly stood up and looked at him.

“What the fuck are you talking about,” I asked him, getting quite defensive.

“You two are a thing, aren’t you?” he rolled his eyes, and went back to looking at the wall in front of him, as an arm draped over one of his propped up knees.

“No,” I said, not knowing what he was talking about.

“I saw you guys kissing, Parker. Don’t start lying now,” he said monotonously.

“That wasn’t what it looked like,” I could already feel tears threatening me.

“Just leave me alone,” he said as his voice was soft. I did as he said, punching a shelf on the way out. I wasn’t going to cry over that asshole. He wasn’t the James Sullivan I knew anymore. Not the sweet funny guy who tries to cheer you up.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I couldn’t help the hateful things that were coming out of my mouth. I don’t even know why what I had seen affected me so much. It’s not like I liked Parker or anything, but I just couldn’t shake off this betrayed feeling. It was worse than when they left us in high school. I felt so bad for what happened to her, and I didn’t know why I was being such an asshole. I needed to stop sulking around about this; it’s not going to help me at all. I don’t want to become like Matt. Speaking of the devil, he had shown up right at my door as I had thought about him.

“Hey,” he said, silently.

“Hey,” I forced a smile on my face, though I wasn’t too happy, especially with him.

“I just wanted to apologize for being an ass,” he came and sat at the edge of my bed, “we’re bros, and I shouldn’t have acted indifferently with you guys.”

“Its okay man, we need to stick together,” again, I forced another smile.

“Well, I’ve got some more apologizing to do. I think I’m going to keep on fucking with Harper,” he chuckled.

“Congratulations, by the way,” I said, trying to be nice about it.

“About what? About be stuck in a Target with zombies trying to eat me? Congrats to you to, bro,” he smiled at me, “But I’m gonna go get a beer. You wanna come?”

“Nah, but I meant, congrats with Parker,” I flashed another sickly fake smile. He burst out into laughter, which I didn’t expect, and kept on laughing on his way to the alcohol section. I heard the pop of a can, and a few seconds later, I heard more laughter.

..::Matt’s P.O.V::..

I couldn’t hold in my laughter as Jimmy basically told me that he thought Parker and I were dating. I mean, I would love for that to be true, and all, but I couldn’t stop laughing. I took a sip of my beer, and chuckled some more, and started walking around. I came across Parker, who was trying to set up a computer. She looked so beautiful, and she also didn’t look so happy. Maybe I should tell her about what Jimmy said, and that would cheer her up. I walked over to her, and she acknowledged my presence by mumbling a low ‘hi’.

“I have something funny to tell you,” I said, another giggle escaping.

“Oh?” She asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow, “I’m pretty down right now, so if you can make me laugh, I’ll be surprised,” she said, and turned her body to me.

“Okay. Ha-ha, get this. Jimmy, ha-ha, thinks we’re, ha-ha-ha, dating,” I couldn’t hold in anymore laughter. I could have sworn that Parker was laughing along with me, but when I finally caught my breath, she was sitting on the counter, crying with her head in her hands. I instantly felt bad, and wrapped my arms around her.

“He saw you kiss me, Matt,” she told me, and I was surprised that I could understand what she was saying. I removed her hands from her face, and wiped off the tears.

“You like him,” I said, more of a statement than a question.

“No, I’m just tired of losing friends, and giving my all to get them back,” she sniffled, as she seemed to calm down a little.

“Don’t worry, Parks. I’ll fix this. I promise,” I gave her one last hug before I headed off to Jimmy’s room. He wasn’t there, so I started searching the rooms, and the isles. I went to that bathroom, and Jimmy had locked himself inside the bathroom, “Jimbo, can we talk,” I asked.

“Takin’ a piss,” he said, even though I knew he wasn’t. He’s freely came into my bathroom before while I was brushing my teeth, pulled out Jimmy Jr., and pissed right before my eyes. I still can’t get that mental image out of my head.

“Bullshit, Jimmy, open up the door, we need to talk,” I said again.

“Later,” he called out. I punched the door, leaving an indent in the door.

“I’M FUCKING TIRED OF PEOPLE LOCKING THEMSELVES IN THE DAMN BATHROOM. YOU AND PARKER ARE TOO FUCKING ALIKE. SHIT,” I yelled. I kicked the door before turning away. I walked a few steps, then went back to the door, “By the fucking way, Parker and I, not happening,” I called out.

“Sure, man. You don’t have to hide it,” my anger boiled at the fact that he didn’t believe me.

“Dude, you’re my best fucking friend. Why would I do that to you? I know you still love her,” I said, and hopefully he heard me, and nobody else did. I heard the lock on the door come undone, and it opened slightly as he pulled me in and locked the door behind me.

“Listen, I don’t like her. We’re friends. I congratulated you. If you guys aren’t dating, then whatever,” there was an evil tone to his voice as he was talking and it scared me.

“Okay, you don’t like her,” I slowly eased out of his glare, and not turning my back on him once, I left the room.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I wanted to set up a computer, just to take my mind off of everything. Somebody else could use it; I just wanted to meddle with technology. Harper came up behind me, and tried to scare me, but it didn’t work out like she had planned.

“Find out anything?” She asked me.

“Don’t wanna talk about it,” I muttered, still messing with the computer.

“Ooh, that’s bad,” she inhaled, and held her breath as she looked at me, “We’re all going to try our hardest as why he’s acting weird,” she assured me.

“Good,” I said, not talking much. She just stood there for a few minutes and walked away, and I was once again left alone.

..::Johnny’s P.O.V::..

I was walking down an aisle, when I spotted a dead rat. A smile came across my face as I picked the dead thing up by its tail. Now I’d just have to find Brian. I went into his room to find that he was sleeping. Oh, this only keeps getting better. One side of his face was on the pillow, so I put the rodent by his mouth. Now to wait for the good part, where he screams his head off, and everybody hears it. I made sure I had a few plastic BB guns loaded for when he woke up. I would need some sort of protection, because he would instantly know that it was me. I snickered that the thought, and put in a movie. Harper came in and sat next to me, and sighed. I didn’t think anything of it, but she sighed again.

“Oh, is there something wrong, Queen of Sheba?” I asked her, sarcastically.

“Jimmy’s being a butt tart,” she said, and leaned back. I almost shit my pants when a high pitched scream erupted from a few rooms down, and I started laughing, “Oh my god,” Harper said, “Parker!” and that just made me laugh harder. I was clapping like a seal.

“Ha-ha, noooooo,” I told her, and I could hear Brian stomping down the hall way. I grabbed the loaded guns I had, and ran out of the exit, quickly shooting him in the knee.

“FUCK, I’M GOING TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF OF YOUR BODY,” Brian started chasing after me, forcing me to run harder. I wouldn’t put it past him to kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just going to apologize ahead of time for the next chapter is the start of all of the real problems. So when you come to hunt us down and kill us, we both live in Siberia. So go THERE to look for us because THAT'S where we live...in Siberia.

Thanks to all of the readers and subscribers, and a special thanks to the commenters;
-Shortygirl
-Amodernmyth88
-A7XGIRL11

...Fair Enough.

We're both working on new separate stories, so we'll tell you when we've got those finished and ready for updates. Don't forget to check out my story contest for A7X, a chance for great prizes!

xoxo, Shannon.