Precious Love

She was an accident that her parents never planned. Ten years younger than her brother, Sutton knew she was loved, but the one that showed that to her the most was her brother. After graduating he offered her a place to live while going to school. For a year she lived with her brother and his wife, but after meeting and getting to know a girl on campus, she moved out of her brother's place and into an apartment with her.

Even with her brother as a part of the Pittsburgh Penguins, she was never around them all that much until her roommate started to date one. After that, she really got to know know him, but still made sure to stay away from the locker room as much as possible. That was her brother's territory and she didn't want to step on his toes by getting comfortable in there, especially if he ended up getting traded to another team.

Watching her from afar, he always hid his feelings for her from everyone. He had to stay focused on what he needed to do out on the ice. He had to make sure everything was right on and off the ice. Between practices and games with the Penguins and commercials for the NHL and the advertisements, he just didn't have the time to pursue anything with anyone.

This is what happens when caution is thrown to the wind on both their parts and them having to face up to the consequences as the result.

Banner by: awakeandunafraid!

Disclaimer: I own nothing, but my characters and plot!