Love Isn't Always Fair

Balm

“The Nomad president Quinn has agreed to accept Jax’s transfer, but we all need to vote before he can transfer and the vote must be unanimous Gracie” Clay said to me as we sat in Chapel alone because he wanted to talk to me in private as he knew I’d be the only one to vote for Jax to stay; I didn’t even really care what anyone said to me because I wasn’t going to change my mind.

“And you think that’s going to make me feel better about my brother leaving? I’m sorry Clay but I’m not going to vote with everyone else” I said to my step-dad which I’m sure he already knew but he had to get me to vote along with everyone else to get Jax out of the club; but I didn’t want my brother to leave because I needed him here with me.

“Jax thinks this is the best thing for him to do, will you be the one to keep him from doing what he wants?” Clay said as he looked at me but that didn’t faze me because I knew what was best for Jax and that was staying here with his family; Jax and I were just as stubborn as each other which we got from our Dad.

“Exactly he thinks he knows what’s best for him, but I know what’s best for him and nothing is going to change my mind. I’m a part of this club so I get to have my vote and say” I said to him as I stood up from my chair and walked out to the garage where the guys were; everyone knew that I wasn’t going to vote yes for Jax to leave but they all knew not to talk to me about it.

I climbed into the van with Kip as he drove over to St. Thomas hospital because Chibs was getting released today; Jax, Bobby and Happy rode in front of us on their bikes and I couldn’t wait until we had Chibs back safety. Scarlet had already planned on staying with Chibs at his house but I knew she was worried because Chibs’ ex-wife had arrived back in town; even though I had reassured her that Chibs divorced Fiona for a reason and wasn’t looking for having her back.

“There’s my little princess, how are you doing darling?” Chibs asked me as we all walked into his hospital room and I walked straight into his arms for a well needed hug; I knew he wasn’t going to take the news about the Irish selling guns to the man who blew us both up.

“I’m much better than how I was, I’m so happy that you’re getting released. I’m sick of these guys already” I said smiling as I hugged Chibs tight and gave Scarlet a reassuring smile as she packed Chibs’ bag for him; Chibs and I had always been close as I saw him like another father figure and he always listened to what was on my mind.

“Oh so you’re sick of us now? Let’s see if we can change that princess” Happy said to me smiling as he picked me up in his arms and placed me over his shoulder; I let out a squeal as my took handfuls of Happy’s shirt in my hands as he carried me out of the room holding onto the back of my thighs.

“Alright guys let’s get Chibs’ out of here, I think we’ve all had enough of hospitals for a very long time” Scarlet said as Jax took Chibs’ duffle bag from her and placed the strap over his shoulder while Happy continued to carry me around the hospital; we were being quiet rowdy but that’s only because we were getting Chibs back but I could see Margaret Murphy watching us and she was the one giving Tara a hard time.

Happy finally placed me back down on my feet as soon as we were out the front doors of the hospital; I got into the van with Kip, Chibs and Scarlet while the other guys climbed back onto the bikes and rode in front of us while Kip filled Chibs in on everything that had been happening lately.

Clubhouse

I was sitting on the bed in Jax’s bedroom at the clubhouse with my back resting against the bed’s headboard as I sat there in silence; which wasn’t for very long because my brother walked into the room before he crawled onto the bed and sat beside me as he wrapped his arm around my body causing me to lean into his side.

“Princess you have to understand that this is for the best, I need to leave the club because Clay and I kill each other. We have so much tension and that’s not good for the club” Jax explained to me using a soft voice as I rested my head on his chest; Jax was so much like our Dad which is why he and Clay buttheads so often but Jax wants to change the club for the better.

“How’s leaving your family for the best? Jax I need you here, I’ve already lost Thomas and Dad… I can’t lose you as well. You’ve always been there for me, protecting me” I said to him softly as I draped my arm over his stomach as we held onto each other; I wouldn’t know what to do if Jax left because I’ve always looked up to him and I always will.

“Gracie you know that I don’t want to leave you or Ma but I need to do this, Sack and the guys will protect you and you can call me whenever you like. I won’t be gone forever baby” My big brother reassured me but I still hadn’t changed my mind about this; which is why he was talking to me so he could try to change my mind.

“You don’t understand Jax, you can’t leave us especially not now” I told him as I climbed off of the bed when I heard Tig calling my name out; I walked out of the room and away from my brother as Tig informed me that Clay wanted me to come to the Indian Reservation with him, Tig, Opie and Half Sack.

I climbed into the van as I took a seat between Kip and Opie but I was silent the whole ride which wasn’t normal for me; Kip and Opie had found some ammo in the back of a van that reposed so Clay wanted to make a deal with the guys who made the ammo.

I stayed near the van as Clay talked to a man about supplying as with ammo and the man agreed but then he asked if we would distribute their psychedelic mushrooms; Clay said that he’d need to try them before he agreed which is when he waved me over to the van that held an elder and the mushrooms.

“Don’t even think about it Clay, no wonder Jax wants to leave” I said to my step-dad as he gave Tip and Half Sack a mushroom each to try which pissed me off because I didn’t want my boyfriend high; I walked off the bus as Kip ate the mushroom because he was the prospect so he couldn’t just say no.

“Baby don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine and back to normal when the high wears off” Kip reassured me as he followed me out of the van and gently pulled me into his arms; I looked up at him as the drug started to affect him so I kissed his lips softly before I took his hand in mine and led him away so he couldn’t do anything he’d regret.

We ended up sitting at the mud pools because Kip wanted to sit in one so I let him because it would keep him out of trouble; after a few hours Clay turned up with Laroy who wanted to see how the mushrooms worked on my still high boyfriend, I didn’t even look at Clay as I ran my fingers through Kip’s hair as he sat in the mud pool.

“I can feel it, it wants to cure me. It’s warm and cool at the same time, it’s corm… corm” Kip said to me with a wide smile on his face as Clay and Laroy left us because my boyfriend was still pretty high; I just kept rubbing his back as I waited for him to start coming down from his high.

“I know it is baby but we should really get you home and get you cleaned up, then I’ll make you something to eat” I said to him softly as I stood up and slowly helped my boyfriend up to his feet before I picked up his boots; I wrapped my arm around his waist as I lead him over to my car which Opie had brought over for me.

I found a towel sitting on the front seat so I cleaned the mud off of Kip’s legs before I helped him into the front seat of my car; I drove to Kip’s house as he started to doze off so before we walked into his house I used the hose the wash the mud off him before I lead him inside and upstairs to his bedroom, I undressed him down to his boxers before I tucked him in bed and he was out like a light.

I changed into my pajamas before I climbed into bed beside my boyfriend and watched him sleep; I didn’t really care that I was needed at Chapel for the vote and I ignored the text messages that my Mom was sending me asking me to come over to her house for a family meeting, she could blame Clay for my absence as I cared more about taking care of my boyfriend right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!