Love Isn't Always Fair

Old Bones

“A bare-knuckle boxing competition? Are you serious Jax? Why haven’t I heard about this? Are you trying to get him killed” I said as I looked up at my big brother and I wasn’t in the slightest amused because the guys were sending my boyfriend into a bare-knuckle boxing competition just because we needed the money; I also wasn’t told about this because I just overheard Jax asking Chibs to train Kip for it.

“Gracie just relax alright, we know what we’re going and he’s been in heaps of boxing competitions in the army. It’s no different here besides we need the money for buy more guns from the True IRA” Jax explained to me but knowing the reason behind this didn’t help me relax but it did anger me more; I knew Kip was the former Lightweight Champion of the Armed Forces but that doesn’t mean he has to fight now.

“You’re sending my boyfriend into this competition so we can get money to buy more guns? Can’t you see what’s wrong with that Jax?” I asked him as a frown formed between my eyebrows as I crossed my arms over my chest; I knew Kip wouldn’t refuse something like this but I wasn’t about to sit back and let this happen.

“We need the money princess, that’s the only reason we’re sending Sack into this. We’ve got no other options and we don’t have any money, it’s the only chance we have of earning this much money” Jax said to me as he placed his hands on my arms and rubbed them gently to try to keep me calm which still wasn’t working; if I was even asked about this then I would have refused as I didn’t want Kip getting hurt in any way.

“Fine but I swear Jax, if Kip gets hurt in this stupid fight then I’m blaming you and only you. I won’t make a big deal about this because I know how much the money will help us” I said to my big brother as I looked up at him as he grinned down at me before kissing the top of my head; none of the guys would have listened to me even if I did make a scene about this.

“Thank you Gracie and trust me, he’ll be fine. He has Chibs training him and he’s been in boxing rings before” Jax smiled as he reassured me but I still wasn’t enjoying the idea of my boyfriend fist fighting with other guys; I let a soft sigh escape through my lips as my brother walked off to most likely tell the guys that the fight was a go ahead.

I walked out of the clubhouse through the front door that was beside the garage where we had our own boxing ring as the guys liked to have small fights among themselves; I rolled my eyes when I saw Chibs already training Kip for the fight so they clearly weren’t waiting for Jax to explain to me what they had planned.

“Hey babe can you pass me that beer please?” Kip asked me as he pointed to the beer bottle on the table as he stopped skipping rope and caught his breath; I picked up the beer bottle and went to hand it over to my boyfriend.

“Hand on Sackie boy, we want you to be focused on this fight so you have to focus on the training. That means no booze, no weed and no pussy” Chibs said to him as he took the beer bottle from my hands causing Bobby, Tig and Clay to laugh; I frowned slightly when Bobby caught my arm and gently pulled me backwards away from Kip.

“Come on guys I am focused, I won’t drink or do drugs. Come on Chibs give me a break, Grace and I just started dating” Kip said as a frown formed between his eyebrows when Bobby pulled me away from him; I felt the same way as Kip did but I knew the guys weren’t going to loosen up on Kip until the competition was finished and we had the money.

“Sorry Sack but what Chibs says goes, you have heaps of time after the competition to do whatever… ow” Tig said to Kip before he stopped when Clay hit him on the back of the head because we all knew what he was about to say; Clay may have only been my Step Dad but he was more like my Dad then he realised as my biological father John had died when I was very young.

Hospital

“Hi there my beautiful baby nephew” I smiled as I sat in the chair beside Abel’s incubation chamber as I watched him with pride; every Teller that has been born has been strong willed and Abel still being alive proves that he really is a Teller and my brother’s son.

“Oh sorry Grace I didn’t know you were in here… can you tell Jax that Abel is being taken out of the incubation chamber tomorrow?” Tara asked me as she walked into the room but she stopped when she saw me sitting in the room; Tara and I got along amazingly well when she was in high school with Jax but then she left him and I had to put him back together again.

“Of course I’ll tell him and you don’t have to leave, look I know my Mom hasn’t welcomed you back but Jax never stopped loving you” I said to her as I turned my head to look at her and I can still remember when she used to be like a sister to me; but when she left I started to hate her just like my Mom.

“Thank you Grace and it’s complicated now so I doubt we’ll get back together any time soon, but he was my first true love” Tara said to me softly but I knew straight away that she still loved my brother even after all these years; but Jax did tell me to keep my eyes open whenever I saw Josh Kohn and to tell him if Kohn did or said anything to me.

“You know that we’d all help you if you needed it or if you were in trouble, no matter what happened in the past we’re still here for you” I said to her as I stood up from the chair as Tara looked over Abel’s chart before she glanced at me; it wasn’t rocket science to figure out that Kohn being here had something to do with Tara.

“Thank you but everything is fine with me, but isn’t there a boxing competition being held soon? I heard that your boyfriend is one of the fighters” Tara said to me as a small smile started to form on her lips because she knew me enough to know my feelings on something this stupid; but she would feel the same way if Jax was involved in something like this.

“Sadly yes so I better get over there and support him, bye my little prince” I smiled as I looked down at Abel before I walked out of the room and made my way out of the hospital; I walked through the front doors and over to my motorbike as I put my helmet on and climbed onto my bike as I started it and drove off.

I parked my bike out the front of the building where the competition was being held and I climbed off my bike leaving my helmet on the back of my bike; I walked into the gym which was already packed full with people so I started looking around for any of the guys which is when I spotted Clay sitting on the stands that were placed around the ring, I made my way over to him as Kip climbed into the ring with Bobby, Chibs and Tig standing in his corner.

“Hey princess just in time to see your boy fight” Clay said to me with a smile on his face as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gave me a side hug once I had taken a seat beside him; I leaned into his side as I looked over at the ring while Kip was keeping his body warm as this was the fight he was meant to lose.

“Oh I can’t wait, I still can’t believe I said I’d be here to support him. I mean I could have supported him from home” I said as a soft sigh escaped my lips but I knew if I wasn’t here than I’d be worrying about him even more; this way if anything did happen to him I wasn’t far away and could be here for him if he needed me.

“He’s been doing extremely well tonight, go down and stand with the guys” Clay said with a laugh as he kissed the side of my head before I stood up and started walking over to the guys; I kept my eyes focused on Kip as he started the fight so I didn’t see the guy walk up behind me until I felt his hand grope my backside.

“Hey keep your fucking hands to yourself! Oh shit…” I snapped at the guy as I narrowed my eyes at him and Bobby gave him a shove backwards away from me; but when I turned my attention onto Kip I saw the rage in his eyes from seeing another man touch me and before anyone could do anything he knocked his opponent out, which meant he now owes the club $35,000.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!