Love Isn't Always Fair

Better Half

I was waiting outside the local grocery store for my Mom to finish picking up some supplies for Cameron Hayes who was shot in the backside when the Mayan’s tried to kill Clay; we got Tara and Chibs to help fix Cameron’s wounds as he was dealing with us so we could buy more guns from the True IRA, he was staying in a secluded cabin in the woods until Happy was able to get in away from here.

“Grace Teller you are under arrest and we’re taking you down to the station” Stahl said to me as she walked over to me with two other police officers; one of the male officers turned me around quiet roughly before me placed handcuffs around my wrists.

“What the fuck is going on here? Grace hasn’t done anything so you better let her go right now, or shit is going to come to you” Gemma said as she rushed out of the store and over to me but the other officer held her back from me; which wasn’t very smart on his part because my Mom was extremely over protective of her family.

“Mom it’s okay and I’ll be fine, just go tell the guys what’s happening. Everything will be fine, calm down” I reassured her as I was lead over to the police car before I was placed in the backseat which hurt my arms; Stahl was stupid for coming after me because I was like my Mom in the way we’d never give any information out about the guys.

I looked out the window of the car at my Mom as the officer started driving back towards the police station; I didn’t have a record because I never got caught or the guys would take the fall for me and Cherry didn’t press charges on me when I hit her with a skateboard so Stahl had nothing on me, but I knew this day would come.

Once the car was parked in the car lot I was helped out of the backseat seeing as it’s harder to move when your arms around handcuffed behind your back; I was then taken into the police station only to be faced with a shocked Deputy Chief David Hale and an angry Chief Wayne Unser who probably didn’t know that Stahl was going to bring me in for questioning.

“Wait just a minute, what the hell is Grace doing here and why is she handcuffed?” David asked Stahl before she told the officer to take me into an interview room; I was sat down on a chair as the handcuffs finally came off of my wrists which I was glad about because they were beginning to dig into my skin.

I couldn’t hear what was being said as the door to my room was closed but a few seconds later Stahl walked through the door and sat at the table opposite me; I leaned back in my chair as I looked at her because I wanted to know what she had on me, I knew it wouldn’t be hard proof because I was always careful not to leave a trail that would lead back to me or the club.

“So I’ve finally come face to face with the Sons Of Anarchy’s princess, you’re a very hard woman to get to with your family being so protective of you” Stahl said to me as she leaned forward and rested her forearms on the table; she didn’t scare me or intimate me because I’ve grown up around the club and I’ve seen things that no one should ever see so I was tougher to break then she thought.

“That’s what happens when you have a family that love and care about you, now are you going to tell me what the hell I’m doing here? Because I have things to do and you’re wasting my time” I said to her as I kept my eyes on her to show her I wasn’t bothered with being in a police station and that she couldn’t scare me; I used to come here every day after school when I was a kid to spend some time with Wayne.

“Did you know that you can go to jail for just helping the guys with the jobs they do, and for just being there with them so I can charge you. I’d play nice if I were you” Stahl told me causing me to smile to myself because I never played nice with cops like her; I liked David and Wayne because I knew up with them but every other police officer I didn’t like.

“Well it’s lucky that you aren’t me then isn’t it, you can’t charge me with anything. You need rock hard proof and witnesses to say that I was helping the guys, and I bet you don’t have that so you can’t hold me in here” I said to her as I knew my rights and what the police could and couldn’t do; I loved spending my share time reading as many law books as I could.

“That’s correct but I can hold you in a cell for 24 hours so I can get all the proof that I need, so that’s what we’re going to be doing with you today” Stahl said to me as she stood up and opened the door to the room letting an officer walk over to me; he pulled me up off the chair before he pulled with along with him towards the cells and placed me in one alone.

Next Morning

Tig picked me up once I was free to leave the police station and he sent the scariest glare I’ve ever seen to Stahl as we walked out; but now I was back at the clubhouse in the back bedroom using the bathroom as I didn’t get to have a shower at the police station.

“Gracie? Oh God baby I was so worried about you, they didn’t hurt you did they?” Kip asked me as he burst through the bathroom door and pulled me into his arms; luckily I had finished my shower and had gotten dressed already so I was just drying my hair off.

“I’m fine nothing to worry about, no one hurt me. I think Stahl just wanted to try and scare me, which didn’t happen because she has nothing on me” I said to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him close to my body; I did miss him even if I was away from him for one night which sounded pathetic but I couldn’t help it.

“I missed you and I love you so much Grace, no one will ever take you away from me. And if anyone hurts you then they’ll have to deal with me” Kip said to me softly as his eyes locked onto mine which made my heart start to beat faster; I smiled as I watched him lean down closer to me before his soft warm lips were pressed against mine for a loving and tender kiss.

“Gracie! Sackie boy! Clay wants you both out here” Chibs called out to us both as he stood in the doorway of the bedroom so he didn’t interrupt anything; as soon as I walked into the clubhouse this morning Chibs came over to me and told me that he had asked Scarlet out on a date and she had said yes.

“We’re coming Chibs!” I called back out to him as I pulled back from the kiss before I turned around in Kip’s arms; I ran my brush through my still damp hair to get all the tangles out before I brushed my hair up into a high bun so it was out of my face.

I entwined my fingers with Kip’s fingers as we walked back into the main room of the clubhouse where everyone else was standing; even Wayne was there as he was giving Happy a truck to get Cameron out of Charming and into Canada.

“Unser has kindly given us a truck so Happy can take Cameron over the border and into Canada, where he’ll be safe” Clay said to everyone as Kip wrapped his arm around my waist and rubbed my side softly; I always liked Happy so I was a little sad to see him leave but I knew he’d be back soon.

“My mother is sick and she's in a home in Bakersfield, I’ve been thinking about going Nomad so that I can spend more time with her” Happy explained to everyone which would suit him better because he’s a guy that doesn’t mind being alone; so him being a Nomad wouldn’t bother him and especially if he could spend more time with his mother it just made sense.

“There will always be a seat for you at our table Happy, don’t you forget that brother” Clay said to him before he walked out of the clubhouse and climbed up into the truck that was parked in our driveway; I leaned more into Kip’s body as he gave my hip a gentle squeeze while he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

“He seems like a nice fella” Unser said once Happy drove off in the truck and Clay spat out the shot he was in the middle of drinking because Happy wasn’t all that nice on the job; he was if you were his friend but he was like Tig in he didn’t care if he caused someone pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!