Status: Previously deleted for malfunctioning tags. Happy Reading :) x

I See You

Not That Helpful

My knees folded, and I barely felt it when he held me to him, didn’t hear him when he frantically called my name. I certainly didn’t see it.

See, being a Seer isn’t really all that helpful. You get headaches in crowded places. You see things you don’t want to see. And if somebody closely linked with your probable future touches you, it can sometimes bring on an unwanted vision. Which was certainly what I was having now. But it wasn’t what I expected. Not at all.

He was dying in my arms, and there wasn’t a thing I could do about it. Tears blurred my eyes as I reached down to wipe the blood away from his mouth with my sleeve. This couldn’t be happening.

He was trying to say something, I could see that. But his voice wasn’t strong enough to be more than a whisper, and the whistling of the wind was loud in my ears. We were outside.

There was a cloaked figure standing over me. Cloaked like the Death Eaters used to be. Though their leader was gone, there were still those out there who thought muggleborns were scum. I felt my face harden as I drew my wand.

“No, Mona. Don’t.” I heard him this time; he squeezed my hand, trying in vain to hold me back. I knew he didn’t want this, and never had. It was my fault; I’d upset the wrong people, I’d -


“Mona! MONA!” I was disorientated, and it didn’t help that whoever was holding me was shaking me.

“Wha -” I tried to focus; sometimes it was like that. Wide, expressive grey eyes stared down at me over a tense jaw, and I sighed contentedly. Obviously, my eggs were still scrambled.

My head was cradled in his lap and we were on the floor. An exact reverse of how we’d been a moment ago in my vision. I shivered, and it wasn’t from cold. Though the vision hadn’t been a clear one – that meant it was susceptible to change – it still had me deeply unsettled.

“’Urgh,” I mumbled, and tried to get up; his head was in the way.

“Maybe you should stay down for a little while – I think you hit your head.” For reasons I couldn’t possibly understand, he started grinning. Ire flickered down deep; I was starting to feel a little better.

“You touched me! I told you not to, you – you -” I shoved him off me. I wouldn’t have had a chance if he’d wanted to keep me down, but he let me get to my feet. My stomach dropped when I saw that everybody within a ten foot radius was staring. Staring. People were talking loudly over each other; nobody quite seemed to understand what happened. I gave a nervous laugh that stuck in my throat, grabbed up my trunk and boarded the train without looking back. Damn him!

This was exactly why I’d avoided him all these years. I hated it when he touched me. It had only happened a couple times on contact, but he should’ve learnt by now. Or maybe he had, and did it on purpose.

Now I had to decide what to do about what I’d seen; whether it was going to happen at all, whether by staying on this Path I was damning him. . . or if it was going to happen if something changed.

I could feel my headache coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness - I couldn't make it fit in anywhere :)

Happy Reading,
The Writer x