Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 13

Rip leaned his weight against the kitchen sink as he took the first sip of his morning coffee. It sat in his mouth, embarrassed at its ashy and feeble taste. It was lukewarm and mild and worst of all instant. Rip stretched his lips in disgust and dumped it down the sink. Replacing it was a smooth cigarette which he sparked with a lighter. As he inhaled he watched Sei sit at the table across the room, studying the entertainment section of the local newspaper. Rip watched his gorgeously determined face and basked in its glory. It had been six days since their fight and reconciliation and since then, things had been phenomenal. He took all the opportunities available to marvel at Sei's beauty and even had time to appreciate its sexiness as he had stopped denying himself that he liked it. He inhaled from his cigarette again and let the smoke escape slowly through his mouth.
"Can you stop doing that?" Sei said without looking up from his paper. Rip pushed himself away from the sink and put his cigarette in an ashtray.
"Which, the smoking or the staring?" he grinned as he walked over to Sei. He stood behind Sei's chair and slid his arms around his neck, bringing his face down to the same level as Sei's.
"I'm not entirely sure." Sei answered as Rip grinned against his neck and proceeded in placing soft kisses along his jawbone.

Sei was blissfully happy. He still didn't fully understand how this had happened but he loved it. He nuzzled his cheek closer to Rip's warm mouth and sighed. Rip moved his face up and caught Sei's lips in a sensual kiss. One of countless they'd shared these past few days. Sei felt Rip's hot breath flood his mouth between kisses. He tasted of coffee and smoke, a strangely enticing taste. Sei heard a key turning in the front door and felt Rip's teeth come down gently on his bottom lip, lightly grazing it, then he pulled away quickly before Kinly reached them. Sei stared after him longingly and tried to regain his composure for his Rip's dad. He watched Rip return his cigarette to those sexy lips and blow a puff of smoke in greeting as Kinly entered the room.

"Morning boys!" he said cheerily.
"Now first things first, are you two busy today?"
Rip and Sei shared a glance.
"Sort of." they said in unison.
Kinly sighed in defeat.
"Alright. I just thought maybe we could go to dinner together downtown but if you're busy-"
"No we can come it's cool," Sei said, casting an apologetic glance at Rip.
"We'd just planned on doing some training on the beach today."
"I thought you don't like the ocean?" said Kinly, quirking an eyebrow.
"I don't," Sei admitted sheepishly. "Rip's making me."
Kinly laughed heartily.
"Well how about I get some sleep while you're out and you guys can meet me back here at four and we'll go?"
"Sounds good to me." Rip announced, stubbing out his cigarette.
* * *

Sei pouted as the salty air bombarded his nose. He crinkled his face and let Rip pull him towards the skinny cliff up ahead. Sei knew that on the other side of that cliff was a sheltered bay and a large cave, virtually inaccessible. Rip maneouvered the water and solidified it with a sharp clap, forming a curved path around the cliff. Sei walked it first, then Rip who melted it behind him as he moved.
They pushed forward into the cave and sat down together on the floor. It was dim and Sei squinted.
"Sometimes I wish I could just summon a flame like Pheonix."
"You don't want to be a fire valkie Sei." Rip warned.
"Luckily I'm smart."
He produced two torches from a bag Sei hadn't noticed and switched them on. He stood them on the ground pointing up and the cave filled with a warm glow. He pulled Sei onto his lap and began stroking his hair.
"I can't believe this is actually happening." he breathed happily.
"You know you didn't actually say it." Sei beamed. Rip groaned then turned Sei around.
"Fine. I, Rip Thorne, deem you an incredibly attractive and sexy boy, and yes I do like boys now, although just one, and my point is I like you a whole lot Sei."
Sei giggled and pushed him against the wall in a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fixed! ^^ Mmhh.. Mostly filler/aftermath. The next one will be better (i assume), and I think i'll start it right away. Thank you to polka dot perfection for all of her comments and her thoughts and I'm sorry I can't link the name to your profile because I completely forget how to do that. ">.>
I'd really like to hear from some of the other readers, but I can understand the concept of 'silent reading' far too well, I'm extremely guilty myself. With that in mind i'll comment more in the future because I understand how it boosts the writer's confidence and therefore the detail and action of what actually makes it to the final draft. Enough ranting. Thank you lovely readers. <3 If I work hard enough fourteen could be up in two hours. I hope you liked it :)