Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 14

The boys lounged in the cave for over two hours. The sun didn't reach them there but they didn't mind, it was secluded. Theirs. Sei grinned as Rip placed yet another kiss along his neck. He laughed as Rip's hands came up under his shirt and Rip brought his thumb down on the waistband of his boxers. Sei pushed him back gently.
"Calm down there Rip, we are not doing this in a cave!"
"Really?" Rip challenged and gripped Sei's thigh firmly.
"Really." Sei gulped and forced himself off the floor.
"Come here." he called as he exited the cave's mouth. Rip followed reluctantly. He watched as Sei brought his hands up in front of his face. He channelled a small amount of water and set to work sculpting. Rip watched proudly as his hands glided over the water. He clapped and it froze mid-air and Sei lunged to catch it. He straightened up and held the small sculpture out for Rip to see. rip took it silently and marvelled. Sei had sculpted a delicate rose in clear ice.
"It's amazing." he said, his eyes alight with happiness. Sei smiled widely.
"Glad you like it."
* * *

The boys left the beach soon after. They held hands on the ride back and Sei breathed out contently at Rip's thumb tracing circles in his palm. When they pulled into the driveway they found Kinly waiting for them. They dropped hands quickly before exiting the vehicle.
"Have fun boys?" Kinly smiled.
Sei forced down a smirk.
"Yes." Rip said before Sei could arouse suspicion.
"Sei's getting really good at ice-sculptures."
"Have you taught him how to do the thing with the waves?" Kinly asked.
"It's called current manipulation Dad," Rip rolled his eyes. "And no, he has to learn basic wave building first."
"Ah." agreed Kinly.
"Yes, well, teach him that then."
Rip shook his head and went upstairs, Sei following after because he wasn't sure if he could make it through a questioning.

Both boys met in the shared bathroom wearing fresh clothes. Sei in skinny black jeans with a deep purple shirt and Rip in denim combats and a white v-neck. They eyed each other eagerly.
"Let's finish getting ready." said Sei, shaking his head. Sei brushed his hair straight and growled when Rip tousled it with his fingers.
"It looks sexier messy." he stated.
"But I'm not trying to look sexy, I'm trying to look like I'm going to dinner with my 'brother' and Dad."
"Sei you can't prevent yourself from being sexy you can only deal with it in a responsible way. Like don't start taking your clothes off, that would be a highly irresponsible use of your sexiness."
Rip turned his head upside down and shook his fingers loosely through it. Straightening up, he rearranged a few strands. He looked good effortlessly.
"Rip?" Sei asked timidly. "Do you think this is wrong? Do you see me as your brother?"
Rip swallowed a lump in his throat.
"Now's not the time Sei."
He strode towards the stairs and Sei muttered a swear.
* * *
The restaurant was noisy and overflowing with people. Kinly sat opposite the boys who secretly held hands beneath the table between courses.
"How's work been Dad?" asked Rip as he shoveled a forkful of pasta into his mouth.
"Strange." Kinly sighed.
"Production's been going good but there's just something... wrong about the way people talk. Its like they're whispering death wishes and don't want to get caught."
Sei frowned.
"That sounds cheerful." and he returned to his rice and vegetables.
"I know it's just-" Kinly sighed again.
"It's fine boys it's probably just me being paranoid."
Rip shrugged and continued ravishing his meal.
"Oh Sei I got a call from Johnston Academy." Kinly announced.
Sei looked at him blankly.
"The school you applied to?" Rip chuckled.
"Oh yeah that place!" Sei groaned.
"They accepted you. You start next term, once the summer's ended." Kinly smiled proudly.
"Yay. Public school." Sei said sarcastically.
"It's not that bad. I went to public school." Rip pitched.
"Exactly. Look how you turned out. I'm fucked." Sei grinned wickedly. Kinly shot him a warning for cursing and then the rest of the night was laughter and smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in two minds about this one.. And I fell asleep yesterday so my endeavour to update intensely fell short. >.> I'll try my best to post fifteen tonight. ^^ thank you readers/subs/commenters :) <3