‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

Dangers

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
Harper was back. She was back, and she was safe again. I got up from my chair and walked through the dark hospital, Zacky’s words still echoing in my head. I tried not to think of them as I searched for what room they had Harper in. I had asked about where she was a while ago, out of hearing range of everyone, and the nurse told me they had put her in a room since she wasn’t injured, just knocked out for a really long time. I wanted to see her, I needed to see her. I didn’t care if she didn’t want to see me, I just wanted to make sure she was okay. For some reason my mind wasn’t convinced that she was safe. I finally found room 311, and gently opened the door, and crept over and peeked around the wall at her sleeping form. Dimly lit by the weak light pouring in from the hallway, her black hair sprawled around her head, and oxygen tubes resting at the base of her nose. I hadn’t seen her in so long… I walked over and sat down next to her bed, thoughts crowding my mind. I wanted her to forgive me, but she never will. She never will see me as the same person after what I did to her. I don’t want to forgive myself for what I did, I’m still in this self-loathing state. Harper and I will never have a friendship. Not again. Neither will Zack and I. I never thought I’d have to say that about him and I, that we wouldn’t be friends, but now I don’t have a choice, because we aren’t friends. I’m just the fucking asshole that r- …mistreated his girlfriend. A girl that I’d like to be able to call my girlfriend, but there’s not a chance in the world of that happening now. I stood up, and leaned over her. I kissed her forehead, letting my lips linger a second before pulling away.

“I don’t care if you don’t love me anymore, Harper. I still can’t help but to love you.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Harper’s POV*^
I finally came to, light blinding my eyes. I sat up quickly though, in fear that I was still lying on the floor in the basement. I looked around, glad I wasn’t still in that dreadful house. But when I did realize I was in a hospital, I panicked. Where’s Parker? Where’s Zacky? I frantically reached over to press the nurse’s aid button, but I stopped. He’ll be somewhere in the ICU, and surely the fucking nurses are not going to let me just waltz down there. I took the oxygen tubes off and looked down at the IV in my arm. I’ve pulled out one before, and when you do an alarm goes off. I slowly sat up, and got onto the ground and stood in front of the IV machine. I can’t just unplug it or yet again, another alarm. I kinked the wire, and clicked around on the machine, turning everything to zero, and then finally shutting the thing off, feeling accomplished when it didn’t alert anybody of my leave. I pulled the tape off from around the IV and gently took it out, and slung it on the bed before I went over and grabbed a few paper towels and held them to my wrist to stop the bleeding. I folded them up and then walked over to the basket on the side of the vitals cart, searching until I found some tape. I taped it down, then went over to the cabinet, hoping to find my clothes. I quickly slipped my clothes on, tossing the hospital gown in the floor before I walked over to the door, and opened it up, looking both ways before I walked out, hiding my bracelet in my long sleeve. I walked through a corridor of mazes even somehow finding the guts to walk up to a nurse and ask where the ICU was, and she told me, and I nearly had a fucking heart attack from how fast my heart was beating, thinking she would recognize me and put me back in that room. I followed her directions towards the ICU, but halfway there I ran into him.

“Harper?” I tried to look down and walk past him, but he grabbed my shoulder. “Harper!” I was suddenly lifted into Matt’s arms as he hugged me until I thought my ribcage might burst, and kissed my cheek multiple times to the point where I thought he was going to start eating my face. But even when he put me back on the ground he wouldn’t let go of me.

“Get off of me, fuck face.” I pushed him away.

“Sorry.” He muttered, still smiling like a fool.

“Why are you here?” I asked, and his expression dropped.

“I know you don’t want to see me, but I was worried about you.” His tone changed as he looked down.

“You shouldn’t be here.” I said, and he nodded.

“I know, but I can’t stay away from you anymore.” He looked back up to me, and I shook my head.

“Well too bad, you’ve already fucked up.” I walked off, feeling slightly disappointed when I didn’t hear his footsteps trailing behind me. I walked around the corner, and took another right and I finally found the ICU. I looked at each of the charts in the pouches on the curtains until I found Zachary Baker. I quickly looked around to make sure no one was around before I slipped in, closing the curtain back behind me. Zacky was asleep, and the curtain separating his bed from the bed beside his was pulled back, and I could barely make out Jimmy’s sleeping form. I smiled at the fact that he was back home, and then turned back to Zacky. I sat down in the chair next to his bed.

“Brian, go away.” He mumbled, and rolled over, still not opening his eyes.

“You want me to go away?” I asked jokingly, and he looked over his shoulder at me, and then sat up.

“Harper.” He grinned, and I got up and hugged him. “You’re okay.” He breathed, and I nodded, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

“Are you alright?” I asked him and he nodded.

“Bullet wound, nothing special.” He shrugged, and I sighed.

“I don’t even remember what happened.” I said, shaking my head lightly. “I remember being in a house, and I hit my head, or something, and then I got knocked unconscious, and somehow ended up here.” I said, and Zacky grabbed me, pulling me down beside him and smiling as a giggle slipped past my lips.

“I’m just glad you’re okay.” He said, and kissed me on the lips softly, it was a simple gesture, and something I had missed this past day or so.

“Me too.” I curled up in his side, his arms wrapped around me, and I found myself falling asleep in a matter of seconds.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Johnny’s POV*^
I slept on the couch. Well, I didn’t really sleep, because Brian wouldn’t let me. He lounged on the other couch, Kellin asleep on his chest as he watched the muted TV. I swear, he was becoming way too attached to that kid. There was the sound of the front door opening, and Brian’s head immediately snapped over to me, and I put a finger to my lips as I got up. Brian gently picked Kellin up off of his chest and cradled him, and I put my hand out in front of me as footsteps quietly walked through the front door.

“Stay here.” I whispered and he nodded. I crept through the hall, and to the front of the house, and to the living room, where a large figure was shutting the door. As soon as they turned around I was just a foot away. I threw my fist into their face, and then kicked whoever it was in the crotch. The person groaned and fell to the floor.

“J-Johnny? Th-…the fuck?” I heard Matt mumble hitting his head repeatedly against the floor. The lights switched on, and I looked over as Brian walked up, and then I looked back at Matt, still doubled over on his knees, groaning.

“Nice one Johnny.” Brian held Kellin in one arm as he high fived me, smiling.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Matt, taking my foot and nudging his shoulder. He fell over onto his side, and glared at me.

“I l-let you bo-rrow my phone, and you never g-gave it back. You have my phone.” He muttered and Brian’s face lit up.

“Shit, be right back.” Brian ran off and up the stairs, leaving me to watch Matt for a couple of minutes until he slowly stood up.

“You ever fucking do that to me again and I’ll shove my foot up your ass.” He growled, and I poked his cheek, which was turning purple. He swatted my hand away.

“Here.” Brian ran back over to us, no longer holding Kellin. I got worried.

“Dude where’s the kid?”

“Shit!” He ran back off towards the stairs. “KELLIN!? KELLIN! BUDDY, STOP PLAYING! PLEASE, DA-UNCLE BRIAN’S WORRIED!” I heard Brian frantically yelling as he disappeared into his room.

“Well, good luck with that.” Matt said, and turned and walked out.

“JOHNNY GET UP HERE! I CAN’T FIND HIM!” Brian screamed and then I got worried. I ran over and up the stairs to Brian’s room where he was literally playing hide in go seek in the four feet of clothes that covered his floor.

“Brian? Where’d you go?” I asked, and he stood up, and slung a shirt off of his head.

“I think he fell off the bed and into the clothes, just, fucking help me find him!” Brian said worriedly, and I started tossing clothes aside, digging through shit mountain as I tried to find Kellin.

“Bran, let go of my leg.” I said, sticking my head out of the pile of clothes. I looked around, and he popped up on the other side of the room.

“Dude stop fucking around and help me find Parker’s child! Dear god I lost her only fucking kid. She’s going to-”

“SNAKE!” I yelled at the top of my lungs as I looked down at the Copperhead coiled around my leg. I grabbed it by the head and flung it off, quickly scampering off towards the bed, where I did a three sixty to find that I accidentally flung the snake at Brian.

“OH GOD WHY DID YOU THROW IT AT ME YOU FUCKING LAWN GNOME?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Brian screamed, swatting the snake away as it hit him in the face. He screamed at me as he made his way over to the bed. “WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO THROW A FUCKING SNAKE AT ME?! WHAT IN THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU LITTLE FUCKING JACKASS?!” Brian continued, his rant, but there was a giggle form behind me. I pushed him down into the clothes. I ignored Brian’s girlish shrieks as I moved a pillow out of the way and found Kellin, laughing at his ‘Uncle Brian’.

“Oh god you’re okay.” I breathed as I picked him up, and placed him in my lap as I looked around.

“-I MEAN WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME YOU-” Brian was still screaming his head off as he climbed back onto the bed.

“Shut up! I found Kellin, now let’s get out of here!” I yelled and just as I stood up, and stepped foot into the clothes, I felt something slither against my ankle and I quickly got back on the bed, holding back a scream.

“Fuck that, I’m staying right here.” Brian said, surrounding himself with pillows at the headboard of the king sized bed.

“What are we going to do?” I asked, and he just held his hands up.

“I’m not leaving this bed. There is no way I’m getting killed. I have her to worry about.” I gave Brian an odd look. “I mean, think of all the girls that I haven’t fucked yet.” He said, and I rolled my eyes. That’s what he was talking about. Of course.

“We can’t just stay here forever.” I said, and he scoffed.

“I sure fucking can.” He said, and held his arms out for Kellin. “You can go get bitten, but at least let me have the kid so he doesn’t get eaten by the thing.” I handed Kellin over, and looked around at the floor.

“I got this. If you see anything moving around me, tell me.” I said, and Brian nodded.

“It was…it was a shitty time knowing you, short shit. You will be…well you won’t be missed that much.” Brian said, and I glared at him. I took a deep breath and stepped off of the bed, and my feet sunk into the clothes covered ground. I felt something move around me, and that was it, I was back up on the bed.

“Let’s- let’s just wait until someone comes along or it goes out the door.” I said, and Brian nodded.

“Good idea. I just hope Parker doesn’t wake up and start wondering where Kellin is.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Third Person’s POV*^
Nurses and doctor’s held Parker down to the bed. Jimmy had requested to see her, and they had let him. They thought it would be good for him to get up and walk some and not lay down for a change. He had told her he let Brian and Johnny take Kellin home when she asked about him. Not a good idea.

“JIMMY WHY DID YOU GIVE OUR SON TO JOHNNY AND BRIAN?! HAVE YOU NOT SEEN WHAT KIND OF DESTRUCTION THEY CAN CAUSE TOGETHER?! OH GOD HE’S GOING TO BE KILLED!” Parker screamed at the top of her lungs and Jimmy flinched away from her slightly.

“They should be here any minute with Kellin, I promise, just, please calm down before they have to put you under.” Jimmy shushed her, and she reluctantly calmed down some. Little did they both know that Kellin was trapped on a bed with Johnny and Brian, with more than just the one snake circling the bed like sharks in the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

shortygirl
a7x_foREVer12
NME_foREVer_6661

Straight from the mind of your's truly.

xoxo, Saleigh