Sequel: Never Truly Loved
Status: Fin.

She Will Be Loved

She Always Belonged To Someone Else

Quinn flopped onto her bed with a long and exasperated sigh, feeling relieved to be home from another stressful day at school. It was always the same old routine, though every new day seemed to be just a tad more taxing than the one before. She couldn't wait to get out of that school. Graduation would be her saving grace.

She rolled onto her side and grabbed her backpack from the floor, feeling inside of it for the manilla folder that she was given earlier today from Mr. Hamilton. She was surprised, but thankful, that they had found her a tutor so quickly, it meant she would have better chances at passing her classes.

After putting her gray bag back onto the hardwood floor, she sat upright with her legs crossed, eyeing the folder for a few seconds before opening it up. Inside was a good amount of papers. Most of which were from her her math teacher, Mr. Graham, and history teacher, Mrs. Beckette, telling her what areas to study and what she should expect in the chapters to come. The other papers were from Mr. Hamilton and the program, saying what her responsibilties were and such and also a bit of information on her tutor.

Upon finding his information, no matter how little there was, she immediately began to look through it. Jacob E. Black... he's an 19 year old senior, lives on the La Push reservation and goes to La Push High. She signed in defeat upon finding that there wasn't much information on him. He's pretty old for a senior, and our birthday's are in the same month. His is just a few days ahead of mine.

She closed the folder and put it to the side, sitting in silence for a few seconds, almost as if she were waiting for something to happen.

And to her surprise... something actually did.

Her phone began to vibrate violently, alerting her of a newly recieved text message. Though who would be texting her besides her adoptive brothers or sisters...? Everyone except for Edward, who was waiting for Bella to arrive, was out hunting, and they never really took their mobiles when they did for fear of roughing them up.

"One New Text Message From:
Unknown"


She pressed down on a button and her phone promptly revealed the message:

"Is this Quinn...?"


Her brows furrowed together in confusion. What in the world was going on? Quinn knew that she had two choices. One was to either delete the message and act like nothing happened or... she could take a chance on it.

She went with the second one, though the first option seemed pretty ideal right now.

"Yeah. Who is this?"

"I'm Jacob, your assigned tutor from the program. Nice to 'meet' you, Quinn. Lol."

"Oh! Haha, yeah, it's nice to meet you, too, Jacob. (:"

"So, I know that this might be a little spontaneous, but I'm free right now and I'm actually in the Forks area. Would you like to meet up right now? I was thinking that we could just get to know each other and see what areas you needed help on. It's fine if you can't since it's short notice, we can always do it another time. :)"


Quinn thought for a bit. It was either stay home and mope around being lazy like usual or she could go out and get started on her tutoring lessons to prevent her from becoming a Super Senior. There really was no need to even think twice.

"Sure, I'm free right now, too. Where did you want to meet up at?"

"Great! How about the local library?"

"Sounds good. When will you get there?"

"I'm leaving right now. (:"

"Alright, I guess I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Cool, so what are you wearing?"


Quinn's cheeks became rosy and hot upon reading his text, she was baffled by his question.

"Uh... excuse me...? Lol"

"It's so I know what to look out for so that way I know that it's you. Lmao"

"Oh! Haha, my bad! Uh, beige coat, dark jeans and a black shirt."

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Bye!"

"Bye!"


After their quick conversation had ended she instantly added his number into her contacts list as to not forget to do so later. Quinn slipped on her black boots and then picked up her rucksack from the ground, slinging it over her shoulder as she walked out of her room and descended the stair case.

"Where are you going?" Edward curiously asked, walking out from the living room, hands in his pockets and hair askew as alawys.

"The library, I'm going to meet up with my tutor."

"Oh, well, why don't you both just come here? I want to meet this tutor of yours."

"If we meet here than what am I going to tell Esme and Carlisle when they come home? Besides, why do you want to meet my tutor?"

"Good point, and I want to meet your tutor to see if they're good enough for you. Is it so wrong that I want to make sure that my baby sister is getting the best?" He smiled as he saw Quinn's nose scrunch up when he put emphasis on 'baby'.

"Oh please, you just want to prove that you can tutor me better... and don't call me a baby, old man." Quinn retorted. "Besides, you wouldn't like my tutor anyways."

"Why wouldn't I like her? She isn't mean, is she, or have you even met her yet?" Edward inquired, looking dumbfounded at his sisters statement.

Quinn walked towards the front door, opening it and flashing a smile at him as she stood in the entryway. "Because she is actually a he." With that she closed the door and began to walk down the stairs only to hear the door being opened again a few seconds later.

"You're right... I already don't like him."

"I knew you wouldn't." She responded, getting into her car and driving off towards the library.

Image


Isabella Swan's orange pick-up truck came to a halt in front of the large building that was the Fork's local library. The large and masculine passenger got off the car and flashed a smile at the driver before proposing an idea.

"Why don't you come with me, Bells? We can meet the girl I'm going to tutor together."

"Jake, you know that I was going to head over to Edward's to hang out with him. I'm sorry, but not this time."

"Bella, c'mon really? You are always with him! You guys are hardly ever apart! You should be with me, not him! I can protect you... and you would have a better time with me, too. I can give you things that he can't."

Bella let out a sigh of exhaustion, she honestly couldn't remember how many times Jacob had tried to persuade her into leaving Edward for him. "Have a good time with your tutor, Jake. I'll pick you up later."

Jacob let out a low snarl from his throat, not being able to restrain his anger completely. He slammed Bella's door shut and then stomped his way up the path towards the doors of the library all while hearing Bella drive off down the road towards him.

Jacob was now in the foulest of moods. He no longer wanted to be here waiting for this girl to come. He wanted to run, vent, burn off steam. Most of all, he wanted to kill a leech, and he wanted to imagine that it was him, Edward, who Jacob was mauling. However, he knew that even if he could have a chance to rip the bloodsucker to shreds, it wouldn't matter. Edward would be gone, but Bella would never be Jacob's, and Jacob... Jacob would remain alone.

Jacob pushed the double doors open and walked into the heated building. An elderly librarian with hair the color of snow, looked over at him curiously through her half-moon spectacle glasses and gave him a frail, but kind smile before resuming her paperwork.

Seeing that elderly woman grin at him made his emotions somewhat stable and slowly he began to calm down. Let's just get this over with. He sighed, walking deeper into the library, sitting down at a table that wasn't too far away from the entrance.

Time went by and soon a girl came inside...

Jacob noticed her clothes first, and she was wearing exactly what Quinn had told him she would be - dark jeans, a black shirt, and in her arm she carried a large beige coat. He looked her up and when his eyes landed upon hers, he could have sworn that time was at a standstill. Her eyes were the deepest blue that he had ever seen, they were absolutely fathomless. Her skin was like that of a china doll's, fair and frail looking. Jacob was sure that if he ever touched her the wrong way her skin would crack. Her lips were a light pink, and very much full, Jacob wanted to do nothing more than feel them on his own. Her long, brown, wavy locks of hair cascaded down in almost an elegant way, helping frame her heart shaped face and contrasting nicely with her light complexion. Her figure made the hair on the back of his neck stand on edge, his hands fidgeted and moved around as they wanted to remeber the curvature of her body.

And for a quick second, it was almost as if he blacked out... except she was still there. She was the only thing there. She was now his everything. A small tug on his ring finger caused his eyes to go to his left hand and notice that a red string around that finger was connecting to her own ring finger.

Jacob Black couldn't control the grin that was coming upon his face....

Image


The boy who Quinn looked at stood up quickly, and it was then that she was able to get a better look at him. He was incredibly tall, taller than six feet, that was for sure. Even with her high heeled boots she knew that he would still tower over her in comparison. His chocolate eyes were warm and looked alive as they caught the lights reflection in them, they were almost soothing in a way. They even seemed to be pulling her in.... if that were actually possible. His black hair was ruffled and messy, some parts of it sticking out in directions that defied gravity. Quinn soon had the urge to run her fingers through his thick hair over and over again, the simple thought of it giving her goosebumps. Her eyes traveled down to his masculine figure. His black shirt was tight on her body that was obviously well toned and built, his arms made her want to be held by them forever. They looked protective and well defined. Quinn had never understood the phrase, but she was pretty sure this was what they meant when people said, "Tall, dark and handsome."

Quinn had never studied someone this much before. It was out of character for her. She couldn't look away though, and that was the part that scared her. A grin then began to break out upon the boy's face and for some reason... that comforted her. She didn't know why, but to be honest, she didn't really care.

Something about him made her trust him instantly, and that was something that Quinn Hurley never did.

The boy made his way over to her and her heart began to pound in her chest with anxiety. What was he going to tell her...?

"Hi... um, are you Quinn?"

"Yes." She replied a bit too eagerly, causing a light blush to appear. What am I doing...? She questioned herself. "I take it you're Jacob?"

"Yeah, it's nice to finally meet you." He held out his hand for Quinn to take and she did so without hesitation, shaking it gently.

"You, too." She agreed.

"Do you wanna sit down?"

"Sure," She nodded, and was soon led to the table where Jacob had just been sitting.

"So Quinn," Jacob smiled, making Quinn's heart flutter. "Tell me about yourself."

Image


The two teens left the building in laughter with smiles on their faces. They hadn't spoken a word about school like they had originally thought they would; instead, they had spent their few hours together talking about themselves. They were from two different worlds, yet they were able to communicate perfectly.

"So..." Quinn began. "Are you heading home now?"

"Well, I've gotta wait for my friend to pick me up. She'll take me to her house and then I'm going to drive my dad and myself home." He explained. "She'll be here to pick me up probably within thirty minutes or so."

"Are you sure? I can take you home if you'd like. It's no problem."

"No, it's fine, really." Jacob's cell phone began to ring with a call and he answered it quickly before it went into voicemail. "Hello? Hey dad... it's acting up...? I can probably look at it when I get there.... alright, I will. Bye, dad."

"What happened?"

"My car is acting up. My friend's dad is letting my dad crash there tonight, so she's going to have to take me home tonight."

"I can take you, Jacob." She offered.

"Are you sure? It's because it's a bit of a drive."

"Yeah, it's not a problem."

"Thanks, Quinn."

Quinn flashed him a smile and led him to her car. Once they were both inside, Jacob whistled in awe of the vehicle.

"Nice car..." He mused. "Is this new?"

"Yeah, I got it for my eighteenth birthday."

"Damn," He chuckled. "I wish I was loaded."

"Well, my adoptive father's a doctor so I guess he gets a pretty good salary. I don't really ask for much though, they've given me so much by just bringing me into their family."

Jacob nodded. "Well, happy belated birthday."

Quinn laughed and nodded. "Thanks." She replied. "So when are we going to get together for real tutoring?"

Jacob thought for a minute, taking into consideration his patrol shifts before giving a reply. "I can do Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and maybe a Sunday every once in a while." He answered.

"So do you want to get together again tomorrow since it's Saturday?"

"Oh, well, I can't, I have something planned already." He sighed and then looked at her quickly. "Hey, you know what? Why don't you just come with me?" He suggested.

"Wouldn't I be intruding?"

"Not at all, it's just a barbecue that some friends of mine are having. It's going to be all friendly. You should come, it'll be fun."

"I'll text you and let you know later tonight, okay?"

"Great, I hope you can come."

"Me, too. If I do, would it be alright if I bring something over to contribute to the food?"

"Of course!!" Jacob shouted, happy that he could possibly taste her cooking. "Just make sure that you bring a lot, the guys and I have huge appetites."

"Alright, I'll try." Quinn laugehd.

Quinn thought for a few seconds. How could this have happened? She was the outcast in her high school, yet here she was being accepted by someone for who she was and not for who everyone thought she was. She couldn't even wipe the smile from her face...
♠ ♠ ♠
Quinn's Outfit

Phew... after so long(just about a month) I finally got this chapter back up. Sorry for taking my sweet time!
But in all honesty, I think this chapter is better than the one I had originally posted, made a few minor changes to the words and I hope that everyone will enjoy the chapter as well as the others!! (:
My college classes are coming to an end (I'll be done with spring semester next Thursday!) and so that's also why this took me a while. I"m trying to get my grades higher! Lmao
And guess what?
The new Mibba is pretty cool! (;
So I guess this kind of wraps it up. Please comment and I hope you liked this chapter! I'll be doing my best to update more since classes are ending soon! :D