Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

What are you wearing?

“Dammit, put me down, Kaner! I’m not a sack of potatoes you can just throw over your shoulder!” I exclaimed as Kaner Carried me out of my apartment.

“I’m not putting you down. Captain and Coach’s orders.” He said. I huffed and Slapped the back of his head.

“Put me down.” I said sternly.

“No.” He said and continued walking. “And violence will get you nowhere.” I huffed and propped my elbow up on his back and rested my head in my hand.

“Will you at least tell me where you’re kidnapping me to?” I asked him.

“My place.”

“Fuck. Take me back home. I need Lina!” I exclaimed. He just chuckled and tossed me into the front seat of the car and shut the door.

“Don’t even think about it Ice Princess, child lock is currently being used. You can’t open the door.” He said getting into the drivers seat.

“Fuck.” I muttered as he clicked my seat belt into place. I huffed and crossed my arms, not even looking at his face.

“Aww, come on Ave, don’t be like that.” I didn’t give him the satisfaction of a reply.

Within a few minutes we arrived at our destination as Patrick pulled smoothly into a parking spot. He got out of the car and came to my side, opening the door for me. I just glared at him and turned my head. I could hear him sigh, and shortly after I could smell his cologne as he bent over to undo the seat belt. He grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the car.

“Avery, you can either walk up with me, or I’ll have to carry you.” I didn’t answer him. Kaner just sighed before picking me up bridal style. “Lets get inside.” I rolled my eyes and locked my arms around his neck to prevent myself from falling. He opened the door of the apartment and walked in. He gently set me back on my feet and gave me a small smile.

“When can I go home?” I asked him. He shrugged.

“I don’t know. Tazer said he’ll call when you’re allowed back.” I growled and glared at the tile flooring. “Come on, let’s go to bed. We have a game tomorrow, and you have to be well rested.” I glared at him but followed him to the room.

“Do you have my phone?” I asked him. He nodded and handed me the device. I quickly called Alina.

“Are you ok?” We asked each other at the same time when she answered.

“Yeah, I’m good. What about you?” She asked me.

“I’m good. About to go to bed. And they won’t tell me when I’ll be home.”

“Alright. Well, tomorrow, do as much as you can of your pre-game ritual.”

“I will. Night Lina. I love you.”

“Nine Ave. I love you, too.” And with that we hung up. I turned and glared at Patrick.

“If my pre-game ritual is messed up, and I don’t play as well as I should tomorrow, I will castrate you and Jonathan.” Kaner flinched. I finally took a good look at him. “And next time, wear a suit that fits. This is a size too big, the pants are too long, and the waist too loose.” With that I opened the door to the room Patrick showed me.

The bed was neatly made, and the walls were a soft blue color. Everything was nicely decorated and matched. I sighed and looked down at what I was wearing. Girl boxer shorts, and an over-sized long sleeved shirt that said Arlington High, things that I would classify as pajamas. I climbed into the bed and snuggled into the covers, falling into sleep.

I woke up the next morning to more than one male voice. I walked out of the room towards the voices.

“Hey Kaner, do you have any extra toothbrushes?” I asked stopping as I saw Sharpie sitting there with a smile and a duffle bag that I could identify.

“Hey Ave. I brought you some clothes and what Lina called Toiletries.” Sharpie said pointing to the bag. I grinned grabbing the bag before running back to the room. I did my morning routine and brushed my teeth before pulling out yoga pants, a tank top, and cardigan. I ruffled my hair and joined the other two back in the living room.

“Ok, now when do I get to go home? I have a pre-game ritual as well, but mine is pretty much the whole day.” I said looking at both boys. They hesitated, looking at each other, silently trying to get the other to tell me the news. I sighed before going up to Sharpie and looking him straight in the eyes.

“When am I going home?”

“After the game. You are supposed to stay the whole day here.” I let out a breath of air and walked back.

“Fine. Kaner, do you have Mario Kart, and someone please tell me that Lina gave you my laptop and iPod?” Sharpie nodded and showed me my laptop case. I nodded and began setting everything up. I went into the kitchen and began making french toast with extra Cinnamon for breakfast. If they were going to have me held hostage all day, I’m going to do everything I can to keep my routine as normal as possible.

“Why are you making french toast?” both Patricks asked.

“My normal pre-game breakfast. If I’m going to be held here, I’m going to make sure my routine doesn’t end up getting screwed up. And I’m going to need you to get me my pregame sandwich from Lina for lunch later today, and make sure she has my outfit picked out. Oh and she usually drives me to the games.” I said as I continued cooking. I made a bit extra for the two men and began eating my breakfast, going over the Stars lineup from last night.

I put my dish into the dishwasher and walked out to begin my routine. I sat down on the TV and began watching the highlights from last night, for a good three hours until they changed the topic to Crosby. I turned off the TV and checked my email and phone for any messages. I smiled at the ones from my Dad wishing me good luck, to say hi to the boys, that his co-workers and boss don’t believe that his kid is in the NHL, and to kick the Stars ass. I replied back to him, telling him thanks, and that I’d call him after the game. I checked the time saw that it was getting close to one in the afternoon. I found Kaner sitting on the couch with the TV talking about the Bruins.

“Hey Kaner, when can you go get my pre-game sandwich?” I asked him.

“Sharpie’s on it. He got a call from Lina.” I smiled at the thought of my sister.

“Alright, I’ll set up Mario Kart when he gets back. Will you play with me?” Kaner nodded and went back to watching the people talk about Tyler Seguin.

“I hate that kid.” I said with disgust. “He thinks the sun shines from him just because of the Stanley Cup win, and that he is god’s gift to women.” I ranted. Kaner looked at me worried.

“Is that what you thought of me after the Stanley Cup win?” I nodded.

“A bit. But you quickly grew out of it, from what I could tell. Hell, you’re still a flirt, and all that, but you’re more grounded than Seguin.” I told him honestly. He nodded just as there was a knock on the door, and he went to open it.

“Hey, you’re back.” Kaner said. Sharpie stepped in and turned to face Kaner.

“FOOD!” I yelled as I ran and jumped on his back.

“Nice to see you too. Here is your sandwich.” I grabbed the sandwich box from him and jumped off his back, grinning as I saw the Peanut Butter and Nutella sandwich.

“I love Lina. Oh, did she give you my clothes?” Patrick nodded and held up an American Eagle bag. “Sweet.” I said grabbing the bag and putting it in my room. I walked back in, taking the first bite of my sandwich. I let out a moan, and continued to eat.

“Was that really that good?” Kaner asked me. I nodded and hooked up the gaming system to the TV.

“Lets play. I need to get four rounds in before I have to have my music session.” I said as I chose my characters. Four rounds later, with me being the constant winner, and a pouting Patrick, I stood up and stretched my back.

“That was not fair. How did you keep winning?” He whined poking the strip of exposed skin from the bottom of my shirt. I slapped his hand away and grinned.

“I am the master of Mario Kart. Now I shall go have a nap. How long until we’re needed at the arena?” I asked him. He looked at the clock.

“Four hours. So go take a nap. I’ll wake you in about an hour. Will that give you enough time to get ready?” I nodded and went to the room, falling on top of the covers, and cuddled into the pillow, falling asleep.

I could feel someone shake me and a deep male voice. I groaned and opened my eyes, to see Kaner leaning above me. I snuggled into my pillow even more.

“Nope, none of that. You have to get ready. We need to leave in three hours.” He reprimanded me. I sighed and got off the bed.

“Alright, I’ll go get ready.” I said walking to my laptop and pressed play. I smiled as my music rang through the room as I fluttered around to get ready. I first began with stretches that I always do at home. Then, I ran my straightener through my hair quickly, just to get a quick style, and opened the American Eagle bag. I smiled as I pulled out a pencil skirt, a white button up blouse, and a pair of red stilettos. I got dressed and checked the time. We had half an hour to get there. Perfect timing.

“Hey, Ave, are you done?” Kaner asked from the door. I opened it and grinned as his jaw dropped.

“Yeah. How do I look?” I asked twirling. He just stared.

“What the hell is that? Is that a skirt? That is way too short.” He said.

“Yes this is a skirt, no it isn’t too short, I’ve seen you with girls in much shorter, and I can’t change anyways because I am not at my house, and this is the only thing Alina sent. So suck it up.” I said to him as I walked past him and towards the door.

Patrick caught up to me and opened the door to his car. I got in and we made the drive to the United Center. We arrived with five minutes to spare, and walked into the building. I picked up my phone and called Lina.

“How was today? Did you get your sandwich? And was your skirt short enough to piss the boys off?” She asked me in one breath.

“Today was ok. I got my sandwich, it was delicious, thank you. And Kaner hates it. I don’t know about everyone else. I’ll tell you once I see them. Are you here?”

“Yeah, but I’m in the box for family and friends. They won’t let me see you.” I let out a deep breath.

“Alright. I’ll see you during the intermission. Love you.”

“Love you, too. Kick ass tonight.” And with that, Alina hung up. I chuckled and caught up to Kaner, who kept walking at his pace while I slowed down. We made it into the locker room and I was surprised to find the whole team already there when we walked in.

“What are you wearing?” Crawford exclaimed once he saw me. I looked down at my outfit and back up at him.

“Clothes that would work for business? Why?” He just looked at me.

“That skirt is too short.” He said, while everyone in the locker room agreed. I rolled my eyes.

“I didn’t pick it out. Alina picks out my outfits on game days. It’s always been part of my routine. And this time I couldn’t tell her if I liked it or not because I wasn’t at my apartment. So I’ll tell you all the same thing I told Kaner; suck it up.” The boys all mumbled and I walked to my locker. I set down my bag and Coach Q walked in.

“Alright boys and girl, tonight, we have to show everyone what we’re made of. Last night was a loss, but tonight we can come back even stronger. You all can do this. Make every fan proud. You are the ones who brought hockey back to Chicago. Kick the Stars asses and show them just how good of a team we are. Make them wish they were us. Now, first out will be Toews, Kane, and Stalberg, with Keith and Hjalmarsson, and Crawford between the pies. Avery, you’re playing tonight with Sharp... and why the hell is your skirt so short?” I looked up and grinned.

“Alina picked it out for me. I couldn’t tell her if I was comfortable with the length or not because I wasn’t allowed home.” I replied. Coach mumbled something about girls and continued his speech.

“Anyways, tonight will be the night that shows every team on the NHL what we’re made of. So good luck out there.” We all nodded and coach left. I took off my heels, and shrunk back to my short stature before grabbing my under-armour and a sports bra and walking to the bathroom. I came out and placed my skirt and shirt in a separate bag, put my headphones on, and continued to get ready for the game. I taped my stick to the beat of We Will Rock You by Queen. I taped the second one as well, and set them aside, closing my eyes, trying to focus on the game my iPod kept up the music for me. A touch on my shoulder caused my eyes to snap open. I looked up and saw Kaner shudder from my expression. I stood up and put my helmet on and waited with the team for our announcement. I walked onto the ice right after Sharp. I skated past many people and onto the player’s bench.

I sat and watched our first line team get in position for the face off. Taze was taking the face off, and I let out a deep breath as he claimed the puck, passing it to Kaner. The whole time they were on the ice, neither team scored. I kept looking at Coach, wondering when he was going to put me on the ice. With ten minutes left in the first period, Coach gave me and Sharpie the nod and I hoped onto the ice, claiming the puck, and sending it to Leddy, who sent it straight past Bachman. The crowd cheered as the buzzer went off, and I into Leddy for a hug with Sharpie.

“We would like to present to you the number ninety-three Avery Addison the Blackhawks first female NHL player taking the primary assist for number eight Nick Leddy.” The announcer said and the crowd went wild.

I smiled and looked up at the box where Alina was supposed to be sitting and there she was yelling and smiling. She looked down and smiling sent me a kiss and I sent one back to her.

I continued to get the puck, but I never was close enough to the net, but my assists kept piling up as Sharpie scored, and later so did Tazer with my help. I got back onto the bench, and Hossa went onto the ice.

“Good job, Ice Princess.” Hjalmarsson said. I gave him a smile, and went back to my game face. The boys around me shuddered.

“You look like you are about to kill.” Coach said after taking a look at me. I nodded with a smirk.

“Good. Then they know not to mess with me.” I answered.

“I see why they call you Ice Princess.” Keith said. I shrugged and focused on the game.

By the third period, we were tied. I was shaking and kept giving Coach glances. He sighed and finally nodded. I grinned and jumped over the barrier, and Stalberg skated in. I quickly saw the puck, and skated by, grabbing it just in the nick of time as the other two Stars collided into each other. I found myself being followed and passed the puck to Kaner, who scored. Once again, the announcers mentioned my assist, adding them up to four.

We were able to keep the puck away from the Stars, and our defense was strong. The buzzer rang indicating the end of the period, and all the Hawks fans cheered our victory. We lined up to shake hands with the other team, and most had the decency to stay quiet. Larson, Vincour, and Benn on the other hand kept saying I didn’t belong there. I frowned and walked back into the locker rooms, and quickly took a shower and got dressed. I waited for the others to get dressed before walking out with Sharp, Tazer, Kane, Leddy, and Keith.

We were hounded by the media in a few seconds and I stepped back, letting the boys answer the questions about the game.

“I have a question for Miss. Addison.” I heard a male voice say. The boys made room for me and I stepped forwards.

“Your question?” I asked him politely.

“How does it feel to be the only girl on a team of guys?” He asked me.

“It feels normal. I’ve always played with guys because not many schools have a girls hockey team.”

“How does it feel to have four assists in your first NHL game?” another reporter asked.

“It feels wonderful.” I answered them.

“Who did you blow that kiss to?” A third reporter asked.

“My sister.”

“Were you in the family box yesterday?” A reporter asked. I nodded. “What was the sign asking about Tazer’s and Kane’s new boxers?”

“Uh... Well, it was an inside joke that happened between them, my sister, and I. It’s nothing big.” I said with an innocent smile. After that all the questions were turned towards the four boys. I motioned that I was leaving, and they gave me subtle nods. I ran as fast as I could with heels towards the area the family lounge and ran right onto Alina.

“I am so proud of you!” Alina squealed. I laughed and hugged her tighter.

“I can’t believe it! Did you see their reactions? They asked me about the boxers.” I said to her with a smile.

“I can tell you that the crowd was shocked. And I can’t believe they asked you that!” She replied laughing.

“Avery! Great game!” I looked up to see Abby waddling towards us. “You were great out there!” I smiled and gave her a hug.

“Thanks Abby. How are you and the baby?” I asked her. She gushed about how well the baby was growing and how she can’t wait to be a mother. Alina and I looked in awe at the ultrasound she showed us.

“At my next appointment, I’ll be able to find out the sex of the baby.” She said with a smile.

“We want to be one of the first to know what you’re having so we can go and buy the baby some things.” Alina said. Abby agreed on letting us know and went to greet her husband.

“So how did the WAGs treat you?” I asked her, linking my arm into hers.

She shrugged. “I wasn’t focusing on them really, I mean I was focused on my own pre-game ritual that whatever they were saying didn’t register.”

I could tell that she was hiding something; she knew that I knew.

“Lina...”

“They might have said something about hoping that you weren’t a puck bunny in disguise...my glare shut them up don’t worry.”

“And I’m guessing Abby also gave them an earful?” I asked. Lina nodded with a grin.

“Never mess with a pregnant lady. God she was off on them just as my glare was being sent.” She said. I let out a laugh and heard a cough behind us. I turned around and saw a small lady with a nice smile.

“Hi, I’m Laura. I’m Sean O’Donnell’s wife.” I smiled and shook her hand.

“Hi. I’m Avery Addison. This is my sister Alina.” I said introducing myself and Alina.

“I just wanted to get to know you. All the girlfriends of the younger players are worried that you’re sleeping with their men. And after seeing you play today, there is no way you’re sleeping with any of the guys. You’re here for the sport.” She said to me.

“Thank you.” I said, “And I’m sorry to cut this short, but I have to get going.” We said our goodbyes and walked away.

“Well, that wasn’t weird.” Alina said. I nodded in agreement.

“I’m going to hate the day I meet every single WAG. Especially if they all are going to have those assumptions.”

“Look at the bright side.” Alina said.

“What bright side is there to meeting the WAGs?”

“Abby Sharp adores you.”

“Touché.” I said as we climbed into her car and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ave's outfit

HI ERRYBODY!

How are ya guys? I'm doing pretty well, just finished taking my SATs today. And I can't wait for school to finish (I have 18 days left). So I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Comments would be nice. Michelle and I appreciate them.

xoxo
Lilah