Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

The A-Team

I had officially been a part of the Hawks for a good month or so, and sometimes when I’d get out of the house, I’d get recognized. Right now I was eating my Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich that Lina made me as I mentally got ready for the game tonight. I mentally checked off everything for the day and smiled as I finished my sandwich.

“So, you excited for tonight?” Lina asked me after finishing a bite of her sandwich. I grinned and nodded.

“So very excited. The fact that Dad said that he has a surprise for me that’s gonna show up after the game.” I said to her with a grin.

“Same. I miss dad. Do you know when he said he’ll come to a game?”

“I don’t know. I know that he said he’ll be here on Thanksgiving day.”

“So, we’re making our famous pies?” I nodded.

“Yup. We’ll have to get started on those tomorrow morning with the turkey.” She nodded and we both continued with our Pregame routine of Mario Kart, naps, and stretching. I smiled and put on the outfit that Alina picked out for me.

“Hey, are you done?” I yelled from my room as I zipped up my dress.

“Yeah, what about you?”

“I just need to put on my shoes and grab my clutch!” I replied as I grabbed my black Mary Janes. I smoothed down my dress, grabbed my clutch and walked out and met Alina in the hallway. I smiled at Alina and twirled her around. “You look so pretty!” I gushed. She grinned and spun me around in turn.

“So do you! I love that dress!” I thanked her and we headed out the door. The ride down the elevator to the lobby was a comfortable one between me and Lina. We walked into the lobby and ignored the stares and scowls from the Shark fans around the hotel. We saw the team standing together in a group near the lounge. We continued walking to them, until I felt a tug on my arm. I looked back at Lina confused, until I looked down and saw a little curly blond blue eyed boy with a Hawks jersey with the number 93 on the sleeve shyly tugging on the skirt of her dress.

“Hi Miss Avery. My name is Sean, and I’m a big fan. Can you please sign my jersey?” Lina and I let out an aw at the same time.

“I’m sorry sweetie, but I’m not Avery. My name is Alina. But see this girl right here? This is Avery. I’m pretty sure she’d love to sign your jersey.” Lina told the boy. He looked up at me and gasped.

“You two look alike!” We smiled and nodded.

“Yeah. We do. We’re twins.” I said to him. He grinned and walked up to me.

“Will you sign my jersey Miss. Avery?” Sean asked me with a slight blush on his cheeks.

“Of course I will, hun. So how old are you?” I bent down to his level and signed the back of his jersey next to my name.

“I’m seven.” He replied holding up seven fingers.

“There you go sweetie. Are you going to be watching the game tonight?” He nodded his head vigorously.

“Yeah! Daddy got us tickets really close to the ice!” He said excitedly.

“Really? Well, how about I make you a deal, if I score tonight, I’ll dedicate that goal to you. Would you like that?” He nodded and gave me a smile. I gave him a hug and straightened up. “Well, I got to go. It was nice meeting you Sean. I’ll hopefully see you at the game tonight.” I told him giving him a wave before joining the team.

“That was the cutest thing I have ever seen.” Alina and I said in unison. The boys just looked at us weirdly while Tazer and Kane had a strange look in their eyes, and Sharpie looked all proud.

“That was so cute. I started videotaping you guys with the kid. That was the best fan-interaction I had ever seen. God, seeing that would cause people to question why you’re called Ice Princess.” Sharpie said with a smile. I smiled innocently at him and he snapped a quick picture and sent it to all the guys. The expressions and comments that were made were enough to have me laughing for the duration of the ride.

“Holy shit, Ave. You look so innocent and cute. What the hell happens when you get on the ice?” I shrugged.

“I get into the zone, and want to get the puck into the net. In order to do that, I need to look like I’m about to either run you over, castrate you, or murder someone.” I answered nonchalant. The guys shivered and continued to comment on the picture.

“Alright boys, and girls,” Coach Q said, “we’re here at the Sharks Ice. Our locker rooms are on the other side. Lina, you’ll hang with me until they’re all changed. And Ave, they don’t have accommodations for you, so the guys will have to suck it up.” I grinned as the guys groaned about having to wait to shower. “Alright, now lets go in.”

Everyone filed out of the bus, leaving Lina and I to go off last. The boys helped us off the buses, considering the steps were too high off the ground, and we walked into the building. I waved to Alina and followed the boys into the locker room where Security was already standing. They moved aside and allowed access to the boys, but blocked me right as I was about to enter.

“Sorry ma’am, but you can’t enter right now. The locker room is only for the players.”

“I am one of the players. Goddammit you’d think you’d recognize the first girl to play for the Blackhawks.” I said to them. They just looked at me.

“Ave, what are you doing still outside?” Toews asked sticking his head out from the door. “We have a game to play.”

“Tell that to Security. They won’t let me in.” I huffed as Jonathan came out and escorted me in.

“Stupid Security thinking they can keep me out of the stupid locker room when I have a game to get ready for. Just for that I’m going to kick their precious team’s ass. I’m gonna show them who’s boss.” I muttered as I walked to my temporary stall. I set down my bag and took out my spandex, pulling them up under my dress, and took off my heels, dropping back down to my normal height. I was still pissed and grumbling to myself about the security before turning to Sharpie.

“Sharpie, can you pull down my zipper?” All the talking that was happening stopped as he undid my zipper. “Thanks.” I let the dress drop and I pulled on a sports bra, and un-clipped my bra from under the sports bra and pulled it out the front, sticking it into my small bag. I pulled on my under-armour and continued to get dressed.

“I don’t know whether to find that awkward or hot.” Kaner said out loud. I shot him a glare as I laced up my skates. “What? I’m being honest.” He said with a shrug before walking away to tape his stick.

I grabbed my two sticks, tape, and iPod and picked Eye of The Tiger, and began taping my sticks and bobbing my head to the beat. I finished taping and just closed my eyes and let the song play, letting out a slight smile at the image of Jensen Ackles dancing to the song in his Chevy Impala. A tap on the shoulder caught my attention, and I took off my headphones, put my ipod away, and followed the boys on the ice. Let the game begin...

Intermission came and went and now we were entering the second period. Neither team has scored, and I was getting frustrated. I skated to the players bench and waited for coach to put me in. I was put it with ten minutes to spare on the clock and gained possession of the puck, only to get hipchecked into the board by Demers. I frowned at losing the puck and skated after him, speeding up to try to intercept a pass. I caught the pass just as he sent it out to Couture, only to have it taken as I tried passing it to Sharpie. I sighed and skated back to the bench at the end of my shift, the score still 0-0.

Third period came, and we were all getting antsy. We had hoped to at least to have scored once by the end of seconds. I once again was sitting in the players bench for most of the game. Neither team was able to score. Both goalies were made of steel, and the defense was amazing. I sighed and glanced onto the clock. We only had five minutes until the game ended, or we’d go into overtime.

“Addison, get on the ice.” I got up and jumped over the board, easily swiping away the puck from the players passing by and skated toward the goal. I passed it to Kaner, who skated up a bit, I skated past him, only for him to pass the puck to me. I sent it forwards with a slapshot and grinned as I heard the buzzer ring. I twirled around in a circle, and bowed, sending a scowling Griess a grin. I straightened up only to get bombarded by my teammates.

“Good job, kid.” Keith said as he patted my head.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ADDISON, NUMBER 93 FOR THE BLACKHAWKS SCORED THE FIRST GOAL OF THE GAME, WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT IN THE THIRD PERIOD.” The announcer said over the crowd. I scanned the crowd and looked behind the hawks bench, and smiled once I saw the little boy. I skated over to him and pointed at him, giving him a smile. The hawks fans cheered as the boy blushed, and hid into his dad’s shoulder. I skated back to the bench and climbed over the board.

“Good job kid. Now we just got to make sure they don’t score during these last few minutes.” Coach said. I nodded and watched as my team blocked any form of scoring. I watched the timer count down from 15 seconds. I glanced at everyone else and realised they were all on the edge of their seats. I glanced back up at the clock. 10 seconds. 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The crowd behind the hawks bench burst into cheers as the Sharks fans sulked. We all clambered onto the ice and everyone gathered around me in a hug. We lined up and shook hands with the other team.

“Good job, kid. That was one hell of a shot.” Griess said. I smiled at his compliment and skated back into the locker room.

“DIBS FIRST SHOWER!” I yelled as I ran through and began unlacing my skates, taking them off, and stripping down from the rest of my gear. I grabbed a towel and my necessities and ran to the bathroom. I let the water fall down my back, taking away the sweat that had gathered on my skin from the game. I finished with my shower, smiling as the scent of my Coconut shampoo filled the air. I got dressed in my underwear and walked back out to the boys.

“You’re finally done?” Crawford asked jokingly. I nodded.

“All yours boys.” And with that, they all made their way to the showers. I pulled out my mini hair dryer and blow dried my hair a bit so it wouldn’t be too wet. I pulled my dress on, and glanced around the room, just in time to see Kaner walk out of the showers. I kept my gaze on him until he felt uncomfortable.

“What?” Kaner asked, shifting from one foot to the other.

“I need someone to zip up my dress, at least halfway up.” I told him. He walked up and zipped my dress all the way up. “Thanks.” I buckled my belt, and placed my necklace back on, before slipping on my heels. I sat down in my locker, and began putting things in place, waiting for the men to finish getting changed.

“Alright boys, let’s head out. We have a plane to catch.” Coach Q said. We got up and I met up with Alina at the doorways. We walked out into the hallways and followed the team.

“Hey A-Team, I see Chicago has been treating you nicely. Oh, and Ave, great goal.” Lina and I stopped in our tracks at hearing the familiar voice. We turned and ran to them, jumping into their open arms.

“DADDY!” We exclaimed together. He laughed and spun us around in a circle.

“How are you two doing?” He asked as he put us down.

“Pretty good. I can’t believe you can still pick us up and do that.” Lina said with a laugh. We hugged him again.

“We missed you, papa.” I said to him.

“I missed you guys, too.” He replied.

“Aww, look at that father-daughter, moment. So sickening. What are we? Chopped Liver?” We heard another familiar voice, We looked behind our Dad and grinned.

“Mattie!” I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck as he lifted me off the ground in a hug.

“Mikey!” Lina said at the same time, with the same actions. We let go of our brothers, and switched.

“What are you two doing here?” I asked them, a grin on my face.

“We’re here to see you two. I was trying to find out what you were doing, and then I got on the NHL channel just to see your face, and them talking about your stats.” Mikey said with a grin. I hugged him, and then Mattie. I heard a cough behind us and we turned to face the whole team.

“Hey, Ave, don’t you want to introduce us?” Leddy asked with a smirk. I nodded and grinned, looking over at the boys, wondering why in the world Taze and Kaner looked like a mix between murdering someone and that their puppy died.

“Well, boys, this is our Dad, Michael Angelo. And those are our older brothers, Mikey and Mattie... but don’t call him that.” I said.

“He goes by Matt.” Lina clarified.

“That’s your dad? And those are your brothers?” Seabs asked. We nodded.

“Yup.”

“Damn... Dude, for being someone with their youngest children at 18, you look pretty damn well.” O’Donnell said. Our dad laughed and thanked him.

“I had to keep in shape to keep up with the A-Team. They are a handful.”

“We know.” The team chorused.

“Hey, we’re not that bad!” I protested.

“You two kinda are.” Mattie said with a smirk.

“You suck. You’re supposed to be our brother. You’re not supposed to side with the team.” Lina said, giving him a shove.

“Hey, none of that.. and girls, what are you wearing?” Dad asked us. We both looked down at our outfits.

“Clothes.” We answered.

“I can see that. Next time, make the dresses longer, and the heels shorter.” He said nonchalant. We shrugged.

“And we’re all gonna pretend that they actually listened and are gonna do as he said.” Mikey said with a roll of his eyes.

“Now that I think of it,” Mattie started. “I really hope none of you are checking my little sisters out because if you are then not only will I kick your ass but so will Michael,” he said nonchalant but the threat was there.

Alina and I both punched him in the stomach, not even effecting him in the slightest. We glared up at our brother, even in our heels, we were much shorter than his 6’5 frame.

“Don’t threaten the team.” We said at the same time. “And don’t worry. The boys don’t let us do anything. At all. And all the older guys take on ‘Dad Mode’ whenever we want to go anywhere.”

“That twin thing is so creepy.” Mattie said with a shake of his head. We turned to the team who just had amused looks.

“You’d think that they’d be used to this considering they are related to us, and have lived with us for quite some time.” We said at the same time again. “But nope, not at all.”

“Well, I hate to break this up, but we really need to get going.” Coach Q said coming up. “And I’m Joel Quenneville, your daughter's’ Coach.” Dad shook his hand and thanked him for having me on the team, and for ‘keeping an eye on both his little girls’. Lina and I rolled our eyes, as we headed onto the bus, surprised that Dad and our brothers joined us.

“Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Coach knew I was coming and offered us to fly back with you guys to Chicago.”

Our eyes widened and we smiled.

“No way,” we said.

“Girls, promise me something while we’re around try not to do the twin thing.”
“We promise,” our eyes widened. “Sorry, crap.” We again said at the same time.We decided that silence was golden at the moment. Everyone else on the bus however, felt the need to laugh.

“Oh come one, that wasn’t that funny.” We said at the same time. We looked at each other with our eyes wide, and back at the guys, who were close to the point of tears.

“Oh shit, we’re sorry.” We said once again.

“You two really need to stop doing that.” Kaner said in between gasps of air.

“Shut up.” I said. “At least I’m not classified by my bromance to the Captain.”

“You are not allowed to have a bromance with any of them.” Mikey said, automatically somber. Matt nodded in agreement.

“Oh my god, what are you two? My father?” I asked them, “No, you two aren’t. My father is right there, talking to Sharpie.. oh shit. He’s talking to Sharpie.... LINA, HE’S TALKING TO SHARPIE!” I exclaimed. We got out of our seats and walked over to the two men.

“So..” Lina said.

“Whatcha doin?” I continued.

“Nothing. I’m just showing your dad the videos I’ve taken on the road.” I groaned.

“You haven’t changed since you left, Ave. You’re still not a morning person, you still threaten people with castration, and use your puppy dog look and cause the boys to become putty in your hands.” I grinned.

“What can I say? They don’t call me Ice Princess for nothing.” My dad just laughed. Sharpie pushed the camera forwards and showed it to my dad.

“This was from earlier today.” Sharpie said showing my dad the video of me and the little boy.

“This is adorable. I want a copy of that video.” Dad said. I groaned.

“Why dad?”

“Because that is too precious. You have a soft spot for kids. Plus, the whole family thinks you don’t have a nice bone in your body. I need this for proof.”

“Trust me she is like a little girl,” Kaner said smiling. “I remember when there was that thunders-”

“What?” Mattie immediately reacted.

“Why didn’t you call us,” dad said worried.

“Dad it wasn’t that bad, I mean I was there and-”

“Alina,” dad said exasperated. “She could have-”

“You guys do know that I’m here right? And thanks Patrick, no really.” I said bitter.

There was an awkward silence.

“Daddy, I swear I’m not going to have a panic attack, I’ve learned to control it. And also Lina is there for me and so was Ka-shit.” I muttered.

“Who was also there?” Mikey asked, his voice hard.

“Kaner was. He and Jonathan happened to be here when it happened.” I said with a sigh.

“Okay, as long as you’re sure you’re completely fine.” My dad said.

“Daddy, I promise you, I’m fine. Everything was fine. I promise I’ll call you if it gets too bad.” He nodded.

“Wait, how were Toews and Kane there?” Mattie asked.

“They ended up staying the night because they were way too tired from our movie marathon, and I didn’t want the possible accident of my team’s Captain and one of the best forwards on my conscience.” I said nonchalantly without thinking.

“YOU HAD TWO BOYS SPENDING THE NIGHT IN YOUR APARTMENT?” Mikey exploded.

“Whoa, calm down. Alina and I slept in one bed, they had the other one.” I said with a roll of my eyes. Mikey took deep breaths and shook his head.

“You’re completely okay though?” Mattie asked. I nodded. Mikey seemed to visibly calm down.

“Okay, I’m lost here... what happened with the thunderstorm?” Seabs asked. I looked at Lina, Taze, Kaner, and Dad. Dad gave me a subtle nod. I sighed.

“Sometimes, when there’s a really bad thunderstorm outside, I get this night terror. It’s always the same one, and I end up waking up, gasping for air, and running out of my room like I’m insane in search for Lina, or whatever family member is present. Once it got so bad that I had a panic attack.” I explained vaguely.

“And what caused the terrors?” I shook my head.

“I’d rather not talk about that. But if you ever hear me screaming and thrashing on an intense stormy night, you know why.”

“Oh, guys, if this happens, run to her, hold her in a tight hug, say soothing words, and put in a Sound of Music.” Lina said. Everyone nodded and wrote it down somewhere.

“Well, that was better than I expected it to be.” Lina said quietly. I nodded and shrugged.

“Life has a lot of surprises. I just honestly didn’t expect them to ever find out.” She nodded and wrapped me up in a side hug.

“Just don’t worry about it.” I nodded and closed my eyes, leaning my head against her shoulder, eventually falling asleep.

“Don’t drop her, and watch her head.” I could hear Lina’s voice quietly in the back. I heard a low rumble and fluttered my eyes open just to be met by a turquoise button up. I closed my eyes and snuggled into the person’s chest, enjoying the warmth emitted from it. The person tensed up.

“Don’t worry, she’s just enjoying your warmth.” I could hear Daddy say.

“I can’t believe Mike and I got stuck carrying the bags.” Mattie said. I was confused to who was carrying me. If it wasn’t Daddy, Mike or Mattie, then it had to be one of the guys.

“Alright, Kaner, just set her in her bed.” Well, that explains who was carrying me. I felt myself hit the soft mattress of my bed, but whimpered as the warmth that was coming from Patrick disappeared. I felt a blanket put over me, and cuddled into it. I let myself drift back into sleep at the sound of the door closing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Avery

HI GUYS. I couldn't update yesterday because I was doing homework. So I beg your forgiveness. I hope you all enjoyed the chapters, and wish your Mommy a Happy Mother's Day from Michelle and I.

xoxo
Lilah.