Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Believe Me Or Not

"That's it, I'm going in there and I'm talking to him," I growl, gripping the handle of the door.

"Lex, no," Steven says, grabbing my other hand.

I shake my head and whisper, "This is all my fault. I have to.

He strokes my cheek gently, making a lump rise in my throat and bringing a pull in my gut. "Sh, don't blame yourself anymore. Just... Do what you feel you have to."

Smiling at him, I kiss his cheek softly, opening the door and walking in quietly.

"Go away," Mason growls.

"Just listen to me. I know I hurt you. But it was never my intention. And, well, I do love you. But not the way we thought. As a, um, sister... You said yourself that there was another word for the way you felt about me," I say, blocking the door.

He remains silent.

I sigh and walk over to him. I can see tears at his eyes still.

"I'm sorry I was too late to stop her," I say, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"But you could have," his voice croaks.

"I know. You should have seen Steven's face... As soon as he saw her going for the window, he knew that he wouldn't get to her in time and he ran outside to try and get to her. He was covered in blood by the time I got there," and I see Mason cringe a little. "I know you don't want to believe this, but he still cares about both of you. You have to understand... There was a reason he left. His cover family was killed by Scarlet and her people. No one knew that he was really related to you. He left to keep you both safe. Believe me or not, but it was all to protect you."

I rub his back a little bit and turn to leave. I'm pretty sure he'll never respond.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've been really busy all day DX Here's an update!