Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Shit

When my dad comes back into the room, he has his thinking face on.

"I think you should both go talk to him. Even if he will try to kill you, please do. He's damaged," says my dad, rubbing his forehead.

"Is that really a good idea?" I ask.

He nods. "Just think about tying Steven up before you go in... He's done enough."

I sigh and nod, grabbing Steven's hand and pulling him out of the room.

"Hold up, is this a good idea in any sense of the phrase?" Steven asks, stopping abruptly just down the hall from Ella's room.

"My dad knows what he's doing. Just come on. If you get pissed... Just grab my hand and take it out on that," I say, smiling softly.

He shakes his head and pulls me into a hug. "No. This is a bad idea."

I sigh and hug him back. "My dad is right though. We need to do this. Let's go."

I pull him to the door and open it gently.

"Get out," Mason growls, obviously knowing it's us.

"No. Look, we're going to talk to you, whether you like it or not," I mutter.

Steven raises an eyebrow. "No, you are. I have nothing to say right now."

"Don't be a dick just cause you're pissed off that he split your lip. Look at what you did. You have nothing to be upset about," I hiss, punching his arm.

Mason groans. "You don't have to defend me just because you feel bad."

I take a deep breath and say, "I'm defending you because I should. Not because I want to."

Steven sighs and leans against the wall. "Just go talk to him."

I glare at him and walk closer to Mason. "Look, I know that you hate me now. I understand why, and I think you should."

"Glad I have your blessing," he mutters.

"Just... I know that you're pissed off and it's obvious that you won't forgive either of us at all for a while. But you should at least try."

He snickers and glares at me. "Why should I listen to you? I told you everything, and you were just using me as some little toy."

"I wasn't using you as a toy. I needed someone to help me, and you did that. But I didn't realize how hard you would fall if my feelings ever changed, and I'm sorry for that. I didn't want any of this to happen. Believe me, I didn't. And I know you've been through a lot with school, your parents, Steven, and all of the ways you worry for Ella. I know that Steven can be a douche sometimes, but he didn't leave to try and hurt you. And earlier, when he was beating you up, he was being a giant dick. Even if you did hit him first."

Mason keeps his teeth clenched and his fists balled up, like he's trying not to scream at me.

I glance back at Steven and he mouths, You're gonna get it later. I roll my eyes and flick him off.

"I'm sorry, Mason," I say again, crouching next to the chair he's in.

Still nothing. He's just staring at the ground, like he's about to explode. I sigh and think for a second. I'm probably going to regret this decision.

I stand up and wrap my arms around his shoulders tightly, hugging him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short :3 But it's here!