Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

TEN

Twenty minutes until seven o'clock. Twenty minutes until she finds out. Twenty minutes until everything changes.


Adara paced the grounds outside the train station. Never had she been more nervous in her life.

"I can't do this," Adara moaned, as she spun on her heels; walking back and forth. Questions of, "What if?" clouded her mind.

A warm breeze kissed Adara's face and she looked up at the pale, blue sky. She closed her eyes and breathed. For the first time that day Adara began to feel at peace.

An outburst of giggles from a group Hufflepuff girls brought Adara out of her tranquil state. Her eyes met the face of an old rusty clock that hung upon the outside of a shop across from her.

Five minutes.

"Oh boy," Adara whispered to herself and sat down on the wooden bench next to her.

Adara watched the Hogwarts students prance their way about the streets of Hogsmeade, indulging themselves in whatever the shops had to offer.

Adara heard faint footsteps behind her. Her heart began to race. "This is it," she thought and scrunched her eyes tight.

"Well, it's nice to finally see the back of your head," a male voice announced behind her; letting out a faint laugh.

"That voice," Adara thought, "Where have I heard it before?"

"Do you wish the keep your eyes shut this entire night, Adara?" the voice charmingly asked.

"He knows my name," Adara thought to herself and the butterflies took flight in her stomach once more.
Adara slowly opened her eyes and let out a faint gasp.

"Oh, come on, mate. I'm not that ugly," George Weasley teased.

"No, it's not that," Adara said awkwardly.

"Then what is it? Surprised, shocked, disappointed?" George questioned while staring down at her.

"Why don't seem so surprised that it's me?" Adara asked, changing the subject. She arose from her seat on the bench and placed her hands on her hips.

"I had a hunch," George shrugged and stepped closer toward Adara.

She eyed him carefully. "We can't do this," Adara bluntly stated.

"And why not?" George asked, a puzzled look appeared on his face than his eyes grew wide, "Are you really that shallow?"

"How dare you accuse me of such things!" Adara spat, firmly stomping her foot on the ground.

"Well, last time I checked, you were just dying to meet me. And here I am, princess!" George sneered, his face growing red with anger.

"And what did you expect?" Adara scowled, "For me to just forget everything?"

"Frankly, yes," George nodded.

Adara rolled her eyes.

"I know there's more to you then what you put out," George huffed and folded his arms across his chest. He wasn't planning on giving up so easily.

Adara was taken back by his words. "What will our families think if they find out?" Adara said in a low voice; staring up at George. She felt small again.

"Our families?" George repeated, his voice beginning to rise, "Who bloody cares what our families would think?"

"I do," Adara growled, "They would...disown me."

"Don't you think that's a little bit excessive?" George asked. He was beginning to calm down.

"No, you don't know my uncle Lucius. He would kick me out of the house if he knew I was spending time with a blood tr--," Adara stopped. Pain filled George's eyes.

"George, I'm sorry. I just can't," Adara whispered and began to walk away. A wave of sadness washed over her.

"Adara, wait." George called after her. Adara slowly turned back around and met his gaze.

George slowly walked over towards her, not breaking his eyes from Adara's.

"It's one night," George spoke. "You can remove me from your life afterward." He reached out and grabbed Adara's trembling hand, "Give me a chance, I've waited six years to meet you."

Adara exhaled and looked to the ground. George was still holding her hand; his touch gave her goose bumps. Adara knew she would later regret the choice she was about to make, she let the word, "Okay," slip from her mouth.

A boyish grin crept across George's face. He looked like a child on Christmas morning.

"You better make this night count, Weasley." Adara joked, smiling back at him.

"Oh, I plan to," George answered. The seriousness of his voice took Adara by surprise.

Image


"There's no way you got away with that," Adara said in response to the story George told her about the pranks he's pulled at Hogwarts. The two occupied a booth in the back corner of the Three Broomsticks.

“That’s the beauty of it,” George said taking a swig of his butter-beer. “The professors at Hogwarts are delirious.”

Adara’s eyes grew wide and she roared with laughter. People were beginning to stare.

“It sounds to me as if you’ve made the most of your time at Hogwarts,” Adara commented wiping the tears from her eyes.

“That’s for sure,” George said a matter-of-factually. “It seems as if we are becoming quite the entertainment.”

Adara narrowed her eyes and gave George a questioning stare. He answered her by titling his head in the direction of the tables around them.

Adara slowly turned her head and noticed several pairs of eyes staring at her and George.

“Some of those wizards are friends with my family,” Adara whispered, letting her finger trace the rim of her half empty glass of butter-beer. “We shouldn’t have come here.”

George gave her a nod. “Let’s leave.”

Adara followed George out of the Three Broomsticks. She distanced herself from George, in hopes of not drawing anymore attention to herself. However, Adara knew it wouldn’t matter. Her aunt and uncle would soon find out.

“We’ve missed the train,” Adara expressed as she made her way back over to George.

“Not a problem, I know my way back to the castle.” George said calmly.

Adara smiled at George who offered his arm for her to take. Adara cautiously looked around before taking his offer.

“It’s alright, no one is around.” George whispered into her ear. He could sense that she was nervous of people seeing.

Adara let out a faint laugh as her and George began walking along the streets of Hogsmeade. She was surprisingly enjoying herself. She’d never met anyone like George Weasley. Adara left a tinge of regret when she thought back on how mean she had been to him. Silence grew between the two as they walked. Only the soft click of Adara’s heels meeting the cobblestone floor could be heard.

“Remember when we first met?” George asked as he guided Adara off the main road and onto the side walk.

“How could I forget?” Adara responded; stealing a glance from George. “It was only two hours ago.”

George laughed and a playful smirk appeared on his lips, “I was talking about the owlery, Miss Malfoy.”

Adara felt her cheeks grow warm and she quickly diverted her gaze from George; praying he didn’t see her blush.

“Oh yes,” Adara answered. George was staring at her.

"That was when you found the note my owl had dropped by mistake."

"And I wrote back to you; pretending to be your friend, Rachelle." George smirked.

Rachelle had been attending Beauxbatons Academy of Magic at the time. She was transferred to Hogwarts during the start of Adara's fourth year.

"Until I noticed how the handwriting had changed and accused you of being a stalker," Adara said finishing the story, letting a laugh escape her lips.

"And yet, you still wrote to me." George breathed. Adara detected a hint of pride in his words.

“I just needed someone to talk to,” Adara's voice lowered, a knot rose in her throat at the thought of that day.

George looked down at Adara and spoke quietly,“What happened that day? Why were you so upset?”

"Nevermind that,” Adara spoke up, loosening her grip on George's arm. “It was madness; you writing to me" Adara giggled, trying to lighten the mood. "Completely irresponsible."

"A friendship gone mad," George expressed, not minding the subject change. He seemed pleased with his clever statement.

Adara merely nodded and admired the twinkling stars above her.

"If you don't mind me saying," George continued, "You look lovely tonight, Adara."

"I don't mind at all and thank you," Adara replied sweetly. She admired his politeness, although, she felt as if she didn't deserve it.

"You've got to be joking," Draco sneered as he walked toward George and Adara.

Adara quickly unlinked her arm from George and strode over to her cousin.

"Draco, I--" Adara shuttered, trying to address the situation.

Adara noticed how pale Draco looked as she studied him. More pale then usual.

"How could you?" Draco yelled. "Have you lost your mind, Adara?!"

"Let me explain," Adara's voice shook.

"I don't want to listen to a word you have to say," Draco spat, making his way over to George, who had his wand in hand.

"What are you going to do, Weasley? Hex me?" Draco challenged.

"Draco, stop it!" Adara screamed and pushed Draco back.

Draco searched Adara's eyes, "What would your parents think?" Draco mumbled.

"You have no right to bring my parents into this," Adara growled.

"They were my family too," Draco reminded. His temper began to cool.

Adara pulled Draco off to the side so George couldn't hear their bickering.

"You told me to meet him, Draco." Adara spoke, searching her cousin's eyes. "You insisted!"

"That was before I knew it was a Weasley," Draco sneered, looking over at George, who awkwardly stood on the street; awaiting the outcome.

"Would you take back your words if you would have known?" Adara asked as her voice lowered to a horse whisper. "Would you have told me that I didn't deserve to be happy?"

Draco was at a loss for words. He was replaying that night in his head. Adara patiently awaited his response.

"He makes you happy?" Draco whispered; choking on his words.

"It is only one night, Draco." Adara reminded. "It's not like we are to be married."

"You're right," Draco surrendered. "But father is not to find out."

Adara remembered the wizards who had spotted her and George in the Three Broomsticks; she thought it was best not to mention that bit of information to her cousin.

Adara nodded in agreement and pulled Draco into a hug. "I love you, Draco."

"I love you too, Adara," Draco whispered back and hugging her tighter. He tickled her sides and Adara squealed with laughter. "Where is Rachelle?" Adara asked as the two parted from their hug.

"I took her back to Hogwarts and came back here in search of you when I realized you weren't on the train," Draco answered.

Adara nodded, she was tempted to ask Draco about his night with her best friend, but chose against it. Now wasn't the right time. The two walked back over to George.

"You're off the hook, Weasley," Draco spat.

George let out a sigh of relief and looked over at Adara. He beamed from ear to ear.

"Well, that's good to know," George joked. "Well, I guess I should get you back to school, Adara."

"I'll wait for you in the common room," Draco whispered into Adara's ear before she walked off with George.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D :D :D