Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

SIXTEEN

Bittersweet.

The perfect word to describe Hogwarts.
“Why do we even have to hide?” Rachelle huffed as she followed Adara up a flight of stairs. “This is ridiculous! It’s not like we were the ones that charmed Blaise.” She was growing impatient.

“I’m not sure either,” Adara said as she looked up at the stair cases above for any sign of George Weasley. “I‘m just going to where Draco told us to.”

“And that being?” Rachelle added from behind. Adara sensed a game of twenty questions about to begin.

“Draco told me to find George,” Adara whispered turning back to Rachelle; afraid that the paintings next to her might hear.

Rachelle cocked an eyebrow at Adara, “Is that a good idea?” She stopped at the top of the landing of the second floor.

“Of course it is,” Adara expressed as her eyes found what they were looking for. Directly ahead of her were two red haired twins, who looked to be marketing some of their new joke products.

“Think about it,” she told Rachelle, who turned around; her eyes followed Adara’s line of sight. “Who knows the castle better then Fred and George?”

Rachelle shrugged and looked back at Adara, “I’ve heard it to be true.”

“Come on,” Adara ordered as she strode off down the corridor; Rachelle lagged behind.
They stood in the back of a rather large sized group of students, who gathered around the Weasley twins. All were eager to hear them speak.

“Forget to do your homework? Need a break from classes?” Fred Weasley announced as he stood on top of a step ladder; facing the Hogwarts students. He was beaming from ear to ear.

“If your answer is, ‘Yes’, then we’ve got just the trick,” George Weasley added; his tone of voice resembled that of a door to door sales man. Adara chuckled, placing a hand up to her mouth, and stared at George.

“Our newest creation, the Puking Pastille, will get you out of any unwanted situation,” Fred added as he pulled two candies from the box George opened beside him.

“Pop one of these in your mouth and you’ll be sick within seconds,” George expressed; a boyish grin danced across his face and a chorus of, “Oh’s and Ah’s”, rose from the crowd.

“Got a bad date?” George added; pointing to a boy in the crowd, who blushed. Adara couldn‘t help but laugh along with the growing crowd. “The Puking Pastille has got you covered.”

“Orange makes you sick,” Fred added, as he held up an orange colored candy; tossing it to an unsuspected student in the crowd.

“And purple magically cures your sickness,” George continued with an exaggerated wink.

The group erupted in a “not-to-loud” applause.

“We will be selling the Puking Pastille,” Fred announced, “along with the other members of our Skiving Snackbox today at half-price.”

Adara watched as students bustle towards Fred and George; money in hand. Soon the crowd died down and only Adara and Rachelle were those left.

“Genius,” Rachelle mumbled at Adara’s side; she too enjoyed their presentation.

Adara watched George put the last of their products away and when he turned around his eyes met Adara’s and he smiled. She smiled back and motioned for George to come over to her. She saw George nudge Fred in the arm, whispering something in his ear. Fred looked over at Adara and grinned. George strode over to Adara, who's pulse quickened, as he made his way toward her.

“Hi,” George greeted; giving a warm smile to Adara and Rachelle.

“That was quite impressive,” Adara complimented; referring to the product campaign that just took place.

George’s eyes lit up, “Thanks, Fred and I have been working on loads more. We have just about enough products to open up a joke shop.”

“That’s great,” Adara expressed as she smiled at George, who‘s eyes were fixed upon her.

“Well, well,” A voice, sounding oddly like George’s spoke. “Is this the famous Adara Malfoy?” Fred asked; eying his twin.

Adara blushed at the fact that George had spoken of her to his brother. The though had never crossed her mind that he could possibly be sharing the stories of their friendship with others. It was quiet flattering.

“That she is,” George beamed, flashing a child-like grin.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Fred said, giving Adara a bow. She laughed at his wit.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Adara responded back, pretending to curtsey.

“Did you come to buy some products? We have a few left,” Fred asked bluntly, taking a step toward his brother.

Adara analyzed the twins, finding their similarities and differences. George was slightly taller then Fred and both had a charming sense of humor but Fred seemed to be the louder, more outgoing type. George had his moments of being quite the character but was more serious and reserved then his twin.

Identical, yes, but not to Adara.

“We actually came to ask you two for a favor?” Adara confessed, looking back and forth at the twins.

Fred and George looked at one another and grinned, “How may we be of assistance?”

“Long story short, we,” Adara pointed to herself and Rachelle, “got ourselves in a little bit of trouble and we need to lay low for a while.”

A smirk formed on George’s lips.

“And why should we help you?” Fred asked, eying Adara. The echoes of voices began to fill the school and Adara was beginning to grow impatient.

“Oh, come on, mate,” George insisted, “Let’s help these ladies out.” He gave Adara a subtle wink, causing her heart to soar.

Fred stroked his chin, letting the silence linger, “Alight, but you must swear.”

“Swear to what?” Adara replied, growing curious. Rachelle remained quiet. Adara could sense that she was unsettled by the growing sound of footsteps.

“Not to tell anyone where we take you,” George said in a whisper, leaning in close to Adara.

“It’s top secret,” Fred added, smirking at Adara and Rachelle. Adara eyed Fred suspiciously, wondering what they were up to.

“I swear,” Rachelle immediately agreed. Adara suppressed a laugh. Rachelle had never been one to handle a nerve wracking situation with much sanity.

The twins fixed their gaze from Rachelle to Adara who responded, “I swear.”

“Brilliant,” the twins said in unison. Fred clasped his hands together and strode off.
Rachelle scurried after him and Adara and George took up the rear.

“What’s going on?” George mumbled to Adara, keeping his gaze fixed straight.

“Drama,” Adara sighed as she rolled her eyes, she didn’t want to have to tell him the whole truth.

The truth that George had been the cause of her current predicament. The reason for her needing to get away.

The truth that some of her friends were turning against her for even talking to George.

It was ridiculous. It was absurd.

It was infidel.

She couldn’t tell him. Not yet. Things were too good between them now to cause any conflict.

Luckily, George didn’t ask anymore questions.

The group climbed a set of stairs leading to the third floor and stopped when they reached the staircase that ascended to the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom.

“This is it,” George announced, walking over to his twin. Boyish grins danced across both their faces. Their smiles were contagious.

“A classroom?” Rachelle asked, looking around. “This is the big secret?” Her nerves were obviously settling.

The twins turned around and stared at her.

“Wanted something with a little more pizazz, Miss Everwood?” George asked Rachelle, a sly grin greeted his face. Rachelle nodded her head.

“Well, no. This isn’t it,” Fred answered Rachelle sharply, placing a finger to his lips, silencing her.

Rachelle suppressed a smile and rolled her eyes. She had to give it them, they were a charming pair; Fred and George.

The fiery haired twins strode over to a statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor, a disturbing looking, one-eyed witch.

Adara and Rachelle watched the twins in silence. George pulled out his wand and directed it toward the aged statue. Adara noticed Rachelle taking a quick look around the corridor; worried that their may be eyes watching them.

“Dissendium,” George uttered and right before their eyes the hump on the witch’s back revealed a secret passageway.

A gasp escaped Adara’s lips and Rachelle stared in awe. Fred and George grinned proudly and looked at one another, obviously pleased with their work and the girl’s reactions.

“We know,” Fred spoke up. “We’re brilliant,” The twins finished their sentence in unison, patting one another on the back.

Adara laughed and rolled her sapphire eyes, “Where does this lead to?”

“The pizazz,” George replied, looking over at Rachelle, who chuckled.

“Ladies’ first,” Fred adjured, motioning toward the passageway.

“No way,” Rachelle declared, “Adara and I have no clue where this leads.”

“Yeah, it could be one of your silly little pranks,” Adara proclaimed, resting her hand upon her hip.

“Silly little pranks?” Fred and George repeated, both placing their hands on their hips like Adara.

“Mind you,” Fred pitched in, taking a step toward Adara. “This is work of art and a testimony of genuine effort and patience.”

“Pure genius,” the brown eyed, twins finished in harmony.

“Fine,” Adara raised her hand, signaling her surrender, “I’ll go first.”

George offered her his hand to take for balance as she sat down upon the slide that led to an unknown destination. Adara eyed George suspiciously.

“Just trust me,” George whispered into Adara’s ear. The warmth of his breath gave her goose bumps and she felt him gently push her down the slide.

A scream escaped Adara’s lips as she winded faster and faster down the tube. She could hear George’s laughter from behind. She landed with a thump and at the bottom and quickly rolled out of the way as George flew off the end of the slide. Rachelle followed soon after and then Fred.

“This way,” George ordered as he strode past the group. All three of them followed. Soon they reached a small staircase, a wooden door rested at the top.

The group ascended the stairs and George opened the door revealing a room packed with a legion of cardboard boxes. The contents inside them remained to be a mystery.

“Right through here,” Fred whispered as he hurried past Adara and pushed open a dusty, tattered curtain blocking their entry way.

Adara’s eyes widened as she was greeted with an unsuspected sight. Rachelle giggled next to her; her blue-hazel eyes were as wide as saucers.

“Welcome to Honeydukes,” George stated charmingly next to Adara.

“Is this enough pizazz for you, Rachelle?” Fred teased; his laugh broke through the air.

Adara had to admit, this was impressive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe/rec :D